Turning the big 40!

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Happy belated birthday πŸŽ‰

Aw thank you ☺️

Onlyones wrote:

Congratulations,it is funny how everyone thought you should have a party but then leave it all to you to organise it.40 seems so long ago now I have forgotten how I felt about it.

I know right? Ty for understanding 😘

*sexybabe* wrote:

I am actually looking forward to my 40th! (Got 4 years yet though!) as I get happier with age!! And I worry less about what others think.

Parties incolving family can be very stressful to organise! Similar to weddings, you worry about who to invite, the table plan, who may fall out... but it's almost always alright on the night! You'll have a ball. Once the party has started and you have a glass of something lovely in your hand, all the stress of organising it will be forgotten! Might as well enjoy it lovely πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈI

Here's hoping 🍾 Ty x

Lu SB wrote:

Happy birthday Smokinghotlove. I hope you have a great time on Friday and remember everyone is there because of you. A glass of something and bliss, you'll soon forget all the stress.

*sexybabe* wrote:

I am actually looking forward to my 40th! (Got 4 years yet though!) as I get happier with age!! And I worry less about what others think.

Parties incolving family can be very stressful to organise! Similar to weddings, you worry about who to invite, the table plan, who may fall out... but it's almost always alright on the night! You'll have a ball. Once the party has started and you have a glass of something lovely in your hand, all the stress of organising it will be forgotten! Might as well enjoy it lovely πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈI

Here's hoping 🍾 Ty x

kittencub wrote:

I refused for big birthdays in fact a year before my 40 I started saying I'm having prawns ice cream and favourite films, this did not go down too well with cow who brought me up, in fact she thought she was being clever buying me a tatty cross and chain set, showed it dad then chucked it, I then brought her the cheapest ugliest earings I could find for her birthday, six months later I ditched lot of them. Why do others go on about hell hole parties, it's for their benefit not yours, oh just ditch the tat you'll proberly get, huge hugs at least it's not on actual birthday I hope.Thank god every one person is an individual! One man/woman's

How awful! Sorry you had to endure such lows!

Agreed that wanting a party was for them and not me!

Regardless... my OH, friends (bestie) and family (when it suited) pulled it together! But I can honestly say "7.30pm tonight cannot come quick enough" and the headaches I've endured.... this party better be off the scale lolπŸ˜‚

Will obvs give an after party update. Thanks, as always, for your support you gorgeous peeps 😘

#ifindoubtlovehoneywillsortyouout 😍

Well my party was absolutely awesome ☺️ Had a ball and as most of you said, a wee drink to relax and I was off! So many precious people in one room. The lengths that people went to to ensure it was a success, totally pulled out all the stops! So overwhelmed with the love and gifts! Very spoilt little lady. I'm still recovering, but my god it was worth it πŸ’― Thanks for all your kind words guys and putting me at ease, it's deeply appreciated 😘

Really pleased it all came good in the end and you had a good night at your party.

So glad you enjoy d it, must admit I'll be sad being 51 I won't be 50 anymore brought a 65 inch TV for that saved up for years for it but age is just a number I'm happier now than ever.

Glad you enjoyed it. Youv'e got 10 years to recover before your 50th !

Happy 40th! As has already been said,age is just a number,if you think young,that`s your REAL age! I`m nearly 54,but dress and act younger(As evidenced by my Marvel pants!) and can show up my younger workmates for strength and fitness! I am not bothered about my silver hair(what`s left of it) or slight paunch,i can cope with the aches and stiffness of age.I DID however vow many years ago,that for my own mental wellbeing,i wouldn`t do things just to please others,things such as after wedding discos etc,i just explain that i hate that kind of music,i can`t dance,and conversation is impossible,so count me out.

So agree be happy for you I live in t shirts Dr who, star wars collects throws blue rays, ect hate parties karaoke ect.

Yes Kittencub,i live in sci-fi,and rock t-shirts and collect cd`s,blurays comics etc!