Unusual comments on sex products

I’ve noticed 2 recently. One is a bottle of lube that says on the front, “with vitamin E”. Is that meant to be a selling point when buying lube?

Other is a sticker on one of my bullets “Warning: This device should not be used over swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions. Do not use on explained calf pain consult physician.”

Well the area might not be swollen when I start using it but I quickly hope it does. I don’t understand the calf pain comment at all. Have people been using bullets for massage on calf muscles?

Both make me chuckle whenever I see them.

With warning labels like that, I often wonder who was the first person to do it and caused the label to have to be added.

I think many products are borne in America, litigation capital of the world, so I'd put the warning on your bullet down to an over zealous legal department.

Vitmain E in lube is a good thing. Vitmain E is used in a lot of creams & treatments to help moisturise dry and sensitive skin. Having that on the label will help people with sensitive areas decide if it's usable by them. I would be more inclined to use one that has it.

Calf pain could be a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis). If the vibrations dislodged it, the clot could get stuck somewhere like the brain and cause death or brain damage.

Not many manufactuers would be up for mentioning death and brain damage on their packaging though.

rose hip wrote:

Calf pain could be a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis). If the vibrations dislodged it, the clot could get stuck somewhere like the brain and cause death or brain damage.

Not many manufactuers would be up for mentioning death and brain damage on their packaging though.

What Rose Hip said. Some people use vibrators for massaging sore areas, but you shouldn't use them on calf pain for the exact reason Rose Hip mentioned, hence the warning.

I do find some warnings hilarious but as people have said above, there's good reason for them, for other people. It's nice that these things are taken into consideration.

Right now I have a thigh problem, have had trapped nerves in my thigh since I was 14 years old, hilariously it came from masturbating too hard, too much. My leg has gone numb almost daily ever since. Recently though it's been causing me pain in my sleep and now when I'm awake, happens when I'm masturbating!

Maybe they should put a warning saying "excessive hard orgasms from these products can cause damaged nerves" maybe I would have eased up as a paranoid lass ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

It might be funny but the warnings put on vibrating toys are there for good reason by warning you of what the toy shouldn't be used for they are absolved of blame for what might happen. if you use your vibrator on a painful calf you get DVT the blood clot breaks off and you suffer a pulmonary embolism it's not the vibrator manufacturers fault they've given you fair warning not to use it on calf pain

One of my GCSE exams said "not suitable for home freezing" on it, the mind boggles.

I know its not a sex toy, but the best warning on a product I ever saw, was "may contain nuts" on a packet of salted peanuts! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I know its not a sex toy, but the best warning on a product I ever saw, was "may contain nuts" on a packet of salted peanuts! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

When I was younger I worked in a news paper shop, and the Cadburys rep came in and told us he needed to remove the Cadburys Fruit and Nut Advent calander from display. I asked why and he said because 'may contain nuts' wasn't printed on the back of it.

Personally I think it's evident that the item contains nuts when it says nut in the title. Apparently some people aren't convinced unless they see that sign.

FrozenAngel...
My friends little girl just got diagnosed with coeliac disease, she's intolerant to gluten. So my friend bought her a packet of wotsits to eat because "they only say May Contain Gluten, it doesn't say they always do" I literally was holding back laughter.....

People really are that dumb....

FrozenAngel wrote:

Personally I think it's evident that the item contains nuts when it says nut in the title. Apparently some people aren't convinced unless they see that sign.

Don't know about that. I found 'may contain' warnings really helpful when I was working in respite care with people with learning difficulties. We had a well-researched list from his mum and plenty of time to go through the biscuit and bread cupboard (it was a great place to work, could have been a rushed nightmare in other facilities), but that warning was really easy to spot and we knew right away it was going into the locked pantry.

We also had to be concerned that none of the other people staying with us that week gave him anything he couldn't have. You'd be surprised how tricky it can be to spot the word 'nuts' in the stylised logos of some product names. Everyone knew to check with us first, but more of them learned how to spot a fine print 'may contain nuts' than anything else.

Legislation requires that the allergen ingredients be included somewhere on the packaging, but the 'may contain' warnings are voluntary. Given my experience in helping keep someone with a nut allergy safe, I think it's worth doing.

Oh no I think it's great on other packaging. But honestly when someone is buying a Cadburys Fruit and Nut selection box to recall them because it doesn't say 'May contain nuts' is OTT. It says in big letters Fruit and nut, there's pictures of the nuts on the front. The packaging is compleatley different to Dairy Milk so in that situation I don't think they needed to recall the item to put it on.

My sister has a nut allergy and I've seen how bad it can get, if people don't look properly and just eat something with nuts in. My sister had to be rushed up the hospital because her whole mouth was swilling.