Urethral plugs/sounds

Hi all 👋 Doing abit of research in the plugs/sounds department. Me and the other half already have such a wide range of ‘quirks’ shall we say, an this is something we have never discussed but I’d love to surprise him with! He loves pegging and anal plugs due to the prostate stimulation so I assumed this will be a good next step! Now, I have no intention of going near sounds for awhile but naturally, I am curious. I have purchased two small plugs, silicone and a hollow stainless. And sterile lube! But I have a few questions I can’t seem to answer hunting about online: So plugs and sounds are inserted and removed whilst soft, but what about solid plugs if you’re hard and approaching climax? Most sounds don’t have a stopper like plugs, it sounds like you literally let it go all the way in? How do you get it out to climax? Out after your finished? It’s like a mine field 😂 thank you, I’m grateful for all tips and experiences!

Sounds aren’t designed to be left in like a plug. Sounds are designed to be inserted and then either pulled in and out or twisted, think of it as a dildo for a urethra (although you need to be gentler with it)

Also, I wouldn’t recommend surprising someone with sounding/urethral plugs. Just because he has enjoyed prostate stimulation through anal play does not mean he will enjoy something in his urethra.

Hi Zoey, I'll try to answer these things for you. My husband is into urethral stuff, and he has got me involved with playing with him too.

"He loves pegging and anal plugs due to the prostate stimulation so I assumed this will be a good next step!" Not necessarily. It is an acquired taste, but if he is game, he might love it like my husband does.

"I have purchased two small plugs, silicone and a hollow stainless. And sterile lube!" I hope he knows, as he may feel pressured. If he doesn't know, my advice would be to talk about it first - don't do a big reveal.

"So plugs and sounds are inserted and removed whilst soft, but what about solid plugs if you’re hard and approaching climax?" In our experience, it is more complicated than that. It is easier to insert them all whilst soft, but not impossible if hard, given the right circumstances and lots and lots of lube.

"Most sounds don’t have a stopper like plugs, it sounds like you literally let it go all the way in?" To be honest, I'm not aware of any sound that has a stopper. It is just a solid tube of metal (or some other material), and to be blunt, yes it goes all the way in if you want. That is the point of a sound - it is long enough to go all the way down the urethra and get near the bladder.

"How do you get it out to climax?" Well, for us, stopping him cumming is part of the experience. It doesn't matter how hard he gets, he can't cum with a sound in. If you want to take it out and let him climax, then it does come out easily.

"Out after your finished?" I doubt he'll cum with it all the way in.

Now, he can cum with a penis plug in, and then to can release it at some point after (just don't leave it too long). The stopper is more about pee than cum though, as cum might be too thick to go through the hole.

Plugs are a different experience from sounds. Plugs are obviously short and stay in, so are an experience. Sounds are so much longer, go so much deeper and don't stay in, so they are definitely to play.

Just to point out the obvious, he should not be inside you with either a plug or sound in. You are dealing with very delicate tissues here, so care is needed at all times. No quick movements, everything should be slow and deliberate. If you do that, he can have a really great plug or sounding experience.

Good luck xx

Would agree with almost everything of the above except ...

Of course you can orgasm with a sound in and stimulating you, the fluid will find its own way out, I would suggest plugs are far less stimulating but I'm sure that depends on the person

Thank you for the tips. I’m starting with plugs as stated i know it’s an accured taste, however we are both very open and trust each other enough to have a go at least once! I’m not just going to shove it in, he’ll be aware. Perks of my job, i am pretty aware of male anatomy and urethral insertion but never for pleasure with metal lol. Thank you all!

Private_member wrote:

Would agree with almost everything of the above except ...

Of course you can orgasm with a sound in and stimulating you, the fluid will find its own way out, I would suggest plugs are far less stimulating but I'm sure that depends on the person

Hi Private_member, good to know. My husband has never achieved that. I might have to try a bit harder to make it happen!

Rosebud sounds are very nice but not sold here, try a ribbed one say 6mm, don't go smaller, I've found the ribs help hold lube, also a lube syringe helps push lube down his shaft, and or syringe end?

I've in the past had a 12mm rosebud sound all the way in(about 10") and a smooth steel 15mm one in about 3" silicone sounds may "drag" so stick to steel for now, that said my silicone one was very long a has quite an effect all the way in, yes you can insert it hard or soft, think there's a guide here on it, if he likes it he'll really enjoy it especially if someone is doing it to him?

Oh and Zoey, if you're brave enough you can use them on yourself too? at a much shorter depth but you'll feel when its enough, and whoever has been the receiver, remember to pee afterwards to flush everything away.