Using a Rabbit with the Mirena Coil

Hi just read through which has put me a little at ease.

However, I had my IUD fitted yesterday early afternoon. Is it too soon to use my rabbit?

Im a little nervous to get back into it all which is a shame just as i started getting into it!

JJ21 wrote:

Hi just read through which has put me a little at ease.

However, I had my IUD fitted yesterday early afternoon. Is it too soon to use my rabbit?

Im a little nervous to get back into it all which is a shame just as i started getting into it!

I had an IUD fitted about a year and a half ago now, it's absolutely fantastic. However, I still remember the horrific cramps I got after having mine inserted! I decided to have sex with my OH on the day after having my coil inserted and at one point, he accidentally hit my cervix - the resulting cramps lasted for HOURS. I really wouldn't recommend using sex toys so soon, but you'll be back to normal before you know it :) If you do, just be very careful!

I didn't want ANYTHING near me after my Mirena insertion for at least a week, and even then it was slowly slowly gently gently.

Some women are ok to go as soon as they get home from appointment.

Some docs say avoid anything penetrative for a week, others say just get on with it when you are ready.

I I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is no right answer, everyone is different, and if your body is up for it then go for it 👍

I am pleased I have read through this thread. I have done a lot of research on the `Ben Wa Balls` Prior to purchasing a set. I was cncerned about them, due to having an IUD fitted. I havet had any problems what to ever. Even when the set I purchased had a string attached.

If your really wanting to get Ben Wa Balls get the ones with a silicon/rubber attachment (easier to keep clean) As for using toys when you have an Iud fitted I havent had any problems here either. Though not sure what it be like if the intercourse is vigerouse/passionate

rxx2jp wrote:

Since my thread has gone off-topic I might as well help:

My girlfriend had the coil inserted when she hadn't had children. The only thing that was particularly different was that the nurses were very surprised she was doing so, and one even encouraged her not to have the procedure "because she might change her mind". This was in very Catholic Ireland, though, so if you don't mind having to potentially tell a nosy nurse to mind her own f*****g business, then there's no issues. My girlfriend - who is terrified at the prospect of procedures down there; she had to take valium for a smear test - said that it was only a little pinch, followed by two days of mild "period pain".

She's fine now, and couldn't be happier that she's not as protected from the risk of pregnancy as if she'd had her tubes tied.

No idea if the OP is still around but happens a lot as people realise they can all help each other on similar topics, I'd take it as a complement that you've helped so many people find answers :) And your thread is still going years later!