vent

MummyHavingFun wrote:

Aww sweetie, if i could reach thru the screen and give you a hug i would!
Im a size 16 and i have no confidence outside of the bedroom! Im very comfortable with my partner within the bedroom but its taken a while! I really dont know what to say to make you feel better. Im here if you want to talk tho xxxx

Im just the same, although i dont always have confidence in the bedroom. im here to talk too chick xx

Before I had my kids I was comfortable with my body. Since then my esteem hit and all time low, things were that bad i came close to seperating from my partner because I believed I couldnt give him what I wanted. I would undress in private and sex never happened.

It is only the last year that I am slowly but surely getting my confidence back, it hasnt been easy but after a lot of talking I finally realised that I havent changed as a person and yes I havent got the long legs or perfect stomach but I am me and no one can take that away from me.

There will be good and bad days, chin up sweetie xxx

Thankyou for your reply, I've never been comfortable in my body but that's just one part of the issue I think hopefully just need to work on general self esteem and that will hopefully all tie in, thanks everyone xx

Hi emziou, I did a quick internet search and the page below was one of a number that relate to the issues we've discussed.
We all have doubts; you'd have to be something of an insufferable ass if you never questioned elements of what you are.
Good luck.

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/increase_your_self-esteem

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

I've have many demons and some have left scars on my body....

From the age of 10 I was told i was 'fat' and that has dented my image of myself. I've gone through relationships being completely submissive because i didnt believe i was good enough to have a boyfriend or to have a voice in a relationship -

This changed when I met my now fiance. A man who when I first started dating noticed I constantly apologised for everything. Who mended my broken self esteem and made me believe in myself.

I still have body hang ups infact I have hundreds but every female i speak to also have the same hang ups - like does my bum look big, do I have bingo wings, boobs too small, too big - I would also say many men have body hangs up aswell yet this is overlooked. The great thing about love honey is everyone accepts you for you and not some super model at a size 0 or size 30 woman. Only listen to positive people and take in positive energy!

Build your confidence gradually, little by little. Pick the parts of you, you love - everybody has something they love about themselves and build from there. As Hella pointed out - if your alone walk around naked :) This is a fave thing of mine. You soon become comfortable.

If you tell yourself 30 times a day that your too fat or not pretty enough then thats what becomes real to you - when infact it's the furthest thing from the truth!

xxx

I thought this was lovely - Great advice - one of the best replies i have seen on here!!

Ive also had some bad experiences relationship wise, and everyone has their hangups but getting into bdsm and being a sub for me is what built my confidence you are truely able to let go maybe being a "doormat" isnt so bad, youve already mentioned you enjoy pleasing your partner, my confidence built when i realised i was able to do that so simply, even that in itself is a form of control. You said a FB helped alot for you confidence wise and gave you a best friend so maybe dont go back into a relationship straight away but re-explore that route to help you find yourself. I too have a big imagination and have found it really helpfull to write everything down, once you get to the point that your writing before your mind is really processing it look through what youve wrote, it should reveal to you alot about your own sexuality, prehaps then share it with your best friend or future partners so you dont have to speak your fantasies out loud but can email it to them and they can know that way, how to make you happy. Also remember, Good people can be made out of good and bad experiences but bad people are only ever made out of bad experiences. So however much of a prick someone is just feel sorry for them and move on it's 100% their loss.

here to talk :) xx

Dee_licious333 wrote:

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

I've have many demons and some have left scars on my body....

From the age of 10 I was told i was 'fat' and that has dented my image of myself. I've gone through relationships being completely submissive because i didnt believe i was good enough to have a boyfriend or to have a voice in a relationship -

This changed when I met my now fiance. A man who when I first started dating noticed I constantly apologised for everything. Who mended my broken self esteem and made me believe in myself.

I still have body hang ups infact I have hundreds but every female i speak to also have the same hang ups - like does my bum look big, do I have bingo wings, boobs too small, too big - I would also say many men have body hangs up aswell yet this is overlooked. The great thing about love honey is everyone accepts you for you and not some super model at a size 0 or size 30 woman. Only listen to positive people and take in positive energy!

Build your confidence gradually, little by little. Pick the parts of you, you love - everybody has something they love about themselves and build from there. As Hella pointed out - if your alone walk around naked :) This is a fave thing of mine. You soon become comfortable.

If you tell yourself 30 times a day that your too fat or not pretty enough then thats what becomes real to you - when infact it's the furthest thing from the truth!

xxx

I thought this was lovely - Great advice - one of the best replies i have seen on here!!

Thank you Dee x