Wands?

So I'm extremely new to toys and just last week experienced using a mini vibrator after surprising OH on our anniversary with a little box of tricks for our date night hotel stay. Been married 11yrs and although always had a good sex life im always quite reserved, shy and self conscious so it's only now after 15yrs of being together that I felt confident enough to take this step in the bedroom. All I can say is just WOW we had the most amazing night and only wish I had took the plunge earlier now haha. Anyway back to topic, I'm debating a wand but if I'm honest im struggling to understand what the fuss is with them. Is it actually a sex toy to be used intimately and if so how does that work? At the moment we are enjoying the whole new world of sex with toys and treated myself to a rabbit vibrator today so I'm in no rush to go mad yet. I'm just exploring what might be just as good as vibrators or the next level for when I'm ready to take another leap.

Hi and welcome to the forums. Wands are amazing if you like broad powerful stimulation. They are fantastic for massages too. My wife prefers more direct stimulation so she prefers a powerful bullet or a clit suction toy such as the Lelo Sona. Good luck with your journey into the world of toys.. It's great fun exploring.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I personally love wands - they give amazing simulation, are very deep and rumbly and give me very deep orgasms that seem to last ages. You can also use them for your whole body too - not just intimately - they are great for sports massge etc.

There are a lot of choices for wands - mains powered or rechargable too. You could always start with a smaller wand like these:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22097

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37807

then move onto the larger ones:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36999

There are also a range of attachments for wands which can give different sensations including a male one too ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I was a little unsure about these too and on my 1st attempt didn’t understand what the fuss was about . However once I read the instructions and tried again OMG and I only bought the mini version. I use mine for clit stimulation and with other toys .and for a mixture of solo play or with my other half using it on me .I bought mine on offer as I wasn’t sure what to expect and I love it but kind of wish I’d bought the full size version. Once you’re feeling more confident I’d definitely recommend given wands a try .

Ok I'm a guy but my one i use on myself for edging through my clothes, for women i think there is so many different ways to use it.

Hi and welcome! Wands are an iconic sex toy which were designed for massaging achy muscles rather than sexual stimulation. However, like most things that vibrate, people tried them on their genitals and the rest is history. Wands generally have large heads which spread the vibration over a wider area making them great for any type of external stimulation. You generally don’t need to place them too precisely to get pleasure, like you would with a bullet. They are normally very powerful which means they can be used through clothing and also are great to tease with as they can be placed around the genitals (such as on the inner thigh) and the vibration will travel through giving a nice feeling but not an orgasm inducing feeling. If you are nicer than I am, they can also be used as part of an all over body massage which ends in an orgasm. Personally, I would see how you go with your rabbit first. If you find that what you really enjoy is g spot or internal stimulation, a wand isn’t really going to give you what you need. However, if you find you prefer clitoral stimulation, then you should definitely consider a wand.

I was lucky to win an Oh! emoji wand in a recent competition, and while it's kind of relaxing, I'm really not that thrilled by it. Maybe I'm not using it properly? I do find that too much vibration on my clit makes me numb, and my body wants new /different things all the time or i just don't respond. Advice would be welcome.

Gran wrote:

I was lucky to win an Oh! emoji wand in a recent competition, and while it's kind of relaxing, I'm really not that thrilled by it. Maybe I'm not using it properly? I do find that too much vibration on my clit makes me numb, and my body wants new /different things all the time or i just don't respond. Advice would be welcome.

Not every toy works for everyone. I don’t think you can use a wand wrong although there might be ways that you haven’t yet explored that feel better than what you’re currently doing. If you’re experiencing numbing feelings from the vibration then it’s probably the type of vibrations that don’t work for you rather than the wand itself. I have one of the ohmoji wands too and I do think the vibrations are quite buzzy which can be numbing or uncomfortable for some.

It might help to try a wand with rumblier vibrations and a wider head to spread out the sensations more evenly across the clitoris. I like this one and it’s on sale right now too - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36881 :)

I have the Mains Powered Bodywand and never use it. The vibrations are too buzzy for me, both for clitoral stimulation and as a massager and it reminds me too much of a kitchen tool to feel sexy to me. The vibrations of the Swan Wand felt much better for me, but the toy didn't live for long (and the "handle" vibrates as much as the active part). I've given up on wands, there's lots of other toys around.

Gran wrote:

What do i know not much lol but have you tried using your wand over materia or over underwear so it kind of dulls down the vibrations? I have a wand myself and i use it over my trousers or underwear because the vibrations feels better that way.

I used to sit on my wand with it right on my clit until I could take no more it was my number 1 toy till I met the flickering tongue now the wand stays in the box with everything

Many people enjoy the power a (good quality and rumbly) wand provides. But it depends highly in the fact that you enjoy direct and pin point clitoral stimulation or prefer broad stimulation.

Wands can be very powerful but they are too broad for my liking. They don't make me orgasm and they make me go numb on their own (I own lovehoney's smart wand and a Doxy die cast). The only way I can make my Doxy work for me is with one of this attachments that help concentrate the vibes in a small spot.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22683

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27353

They are fun and they are not expensive if you compare with the prices of the best wand vibrators. Just check the dimensions of the head of the wand to make sure they fit.