Washed Condoms

While doing the post holiday washing, we found two sealed condoms had been through the wash. We followed our first instincts and threw them away just in case.

It was only a 30°C wash but there was degergent and softener in, so I'm just wondering, would they have been okay to use? (the packets didn't appear to have been torn)

Although it was a relatively cool wash, I think you did the right thing in throwing the condoms away. Better safe than sorry.

Latex can become damaged by heat, light etc and should always be stored in a cool, dry place...

:)

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Although it was a relatively cool wash, I think you did the right thing in throwing the condoms away. Better safe than sorry.

Latex can become damaged by heat, light etc and should always be stored in a cool, dry place...

:)

+1

Good to know we didn't waste them. We'll try to be more thorough when cheking the washing next time!

i dunno about being ruined but best that you err on the side of caution with these things

could have just used them as party ballons ! but yeah not worth the risk ,

T

Ha, I read the title of the thread and thought it was going to be about washing used condoms for them to be used again... Oops! Think my brain works in weird ways... But yes definitely throw them away

MTC - Same thoughts here exactly!! lol

I'm going to admit aswell that on reading the title I thought it was about washing condoms and reusing them lol

I wonder what that says about us

When I was at college, mum and dad were away, and we had a little party, well one thing led to another and the paired off couples were getting a little fruity! Only one problem only one person had a condom!

boys being boys, they came up with a solution having all used the same changing rooms at college they were all well aware of each others size!

Can you see where this is going, 1 hour later the one condom had been used 4 times starting with smallest and finishing with Mr big boy! They did wash it out after it was used each time!

Hasten to add I did not participate. Xxx

Phew, least it wasn't just me with that thought process :)

Lovehoney - Rachel wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Ha, I read the title of the thread and thought it was going to be about washing used condoms for them to be used again... Oops! Think my brain works in weird ways... But yes definitely throw them away

I thought exactly the same thing.

Romeo Papa wrote:

I'm going to admit aswell that on reading the title I thought it was about washing condoms and reusing them lol

Birdyboyuk wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

As all the above stated i thought the same tee hee . You did the right thing destroying them

Same here think.

We are the same lol

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

was my forst thought too lol

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I have to say I thought that too until I read it! I was thinking that was a little bit on the wrong side! lol

KinkyFuckery wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Romeo Papa wrote:

Birdyboyuk wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

As all the above stated i thought the same tee hee . You did the right thing destroying them

I thought the same thing and went euuwww before reading

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

KinkyFuckery wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Romeo Papa wrote:

Birdyboyuk wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I thought the same thing and went euuwww before reading

xGGx

Great minds think alike!

Yeah, looking at the title now maybe I could have worded it better!

It has reminded me of this though....

Condoms weren't always disposable, anyone else remember Geronimo?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaFOuuQOGk

ha! yep I wondered the same thing and had a shudder!

dunno about the wash thing, but how much are two condoms? I know things are getting pricey and maybe for some reason you don't want to go to the doctors/health clinic and get some freebies, but in bulk they're not THAT much to buy! Bin em, make baloon animals out of them, fill em with spices or dressings for when camping, use them to cover injuries or keep something dry.....ok I'm running out, but still you did the right thing :-)