Ways to cope with nymphomania?

I've actually been diagnosed by my GP with nymphomania. I find it extremely hard to cope with everyday life as I am always physically and mentally sexually active.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar conditions and any advice on coping with it.

Sorry I know a lot of people wouldn’t see this as a bad thing but for me it really is... and I found it very hard to word this topic.

Anyway I guess I’ve made a start to see if there is anything that can help.

There was something about nymphomania on TV a while ago and a woman said she tried hypnotherapy which worked quite well since getting her mind focussed on something other than sex was her biggest worry. I'll try and remember which show it was.

Well I currently have taken to running about 10miles a day and it is still not helping. But maybe something like yoga would help i guess. I am extremely open about sex... but personally I am not a hyper person when it comes to being social in general. In all honesty I would even love a career as a sexologist or relationship therapist... but really can’t when I have problems in these areas myself. My GP has made me see a therapist which is hard I can't talk to the female ones as I just find it hard to talk to women in general so I have a male therapist. He is nice but I feel like I'm being judged a lot of the time. Sexually I currently have one main partner, and at times I have 3lovers who are all aware of each other. Which doesn't help with the emotional side affects you experiences from the disorder. I haven't thought of hypnotherapy before but might consider it... but as I'm not a firm believer of it so there is a chance it might not work. The tv program sounds interesting so if you do remember what it was that’ll be great.

I really feel for you! I really do ;)

I don't know if us guys can be officially diagnozed as such but I

too have an extremely high sex drive...

As In I literaly 'need' sexual contact/stimulation of some kind wether its physical or mental, 70 - 75% of the day. Every day.

I dunno if this helps, But just letting you know you're not alone, In one way or another.

yes men can have hypersexuality but it is called satyriasis or don juanism rather than nymphomanis. anyway just to let you know lol.

Oh, See I learned something new today... Thankyou.

I really hope you can it under control. I know how difficult it can be ;)

I think it's just called hypersexuality whether you're male or female. I'd be very wary of a GP diagnosing you with a condition like this, tis generally the remit of psychiatrists to diagnose mental health issues once physical disease states have been eliminated.

Hypersexuality can be part of a bigger mental health issue such as bipolar disorder or a condition unto itself. Either way you're better off in the hands of the experts that you've now been refered to. I'm not sure what treatment plan they'll go with but you'll probably be involved in choosing it. You may be given antidepressants to help supress libido in conjunction with the counselling and support.

I have a ridiculously high libido and would masturbate 20 times a day if I followed all my urges to do so but mine is a physical rather than mental condition so I just ignore it now! By the sounds of it yours is a psychological problem so is hopefully solveable with the right medical care

Best of luck.

xxKPxx

I have a ridiculously high libido and would masturbate 20 times a day if I followed all my urges to do so but mine is a physical rather than mental condition so I just ignore it now! By the sounds of it yours is a psychological problem so is hopefully solveable with the right medical care

Wow Kitty way to go!!!!!

TB

I'm sorry but I didn't actually want to go into much detail about the condition and how it affects me. I do experience physical affects as well as mental. the therapy plan often is cognitive behavioural which is very questionable right now as often the clients aren’t getting what they expect through CBT.

Physically I have to masturbate a lot, sometimes for 6hours straight... mentally it is always on my mind. it affects me physically so much that I even need to change my underwear around 3times a day as they get so moist.

Yes i had considered anti depressants that focused on the neurons surrounding sex. But I would like to take a more natural approach regarding it.

Sorry I didn’t make this clear.... I just didn’t know how to explain it all, and still don’t.

Though I’m glad you are able to restrain yourself physically KP and thanks for the advise.

tallboy247 wrote:

Wow Kitty way to go!!!!!

TB

If you don't quote it TB it just makes it look like we have lots of high frequency wankers!External Media

Don't worry about not being clear - I was just finding it hard to think of possible ways to cope without fully understanding what you were experiencing.

I am able to restrain myself but it's quite a challenge! When alcoholics are in recovery they never drink again but with masturbation and sex it's not like you want to give it up entirely! You still want sexual stimulation but there's always that temptation "oh just one more orgasm..." I used to masturbate hands-free just by clenching my PC muscles but I found this was getting too easy, I'd just be on the bus and think "why not?" Now I try and avoid doing this because it's distracting! If I'm at work I don't want to be bothered by thoughts of "maybe I could just do it quickly..." I want to work first then play later! Was tricky to do but basically I think just breaking the habit was helpful. I still catch myself rhythmically squeezing every now and again and I've pulled muscles fighting the urge to do so!

CBT is the only counselling that has ever helped me with anything but if it's not the kind of therapy you want, just say so and they'll take your views into consideration - also mention your preferance for non pharmaceutical treatment and they will let you know alternatives. Do listen to the experts though, drugs aren't all bad. I was dead against sleeping tablets but earlier this year I got to breaking point and gave them a go. They were nowhere near as awful as I'd been expecting, in fact short term they were bloody marvelous! Obviously it's your body but keep an open mind

xxKPxx