'Wearing away' tip of vibrator?

I may just be an idiot, but I had a search and couldn't find anything that answered my question...

I've only ever owned three vibrators, including one I just purchased from LH, which is made of smooth plastic. The one I owned before it (which no longer works as a vibrator because I got some water in it) was also made of plastic, but was a lot less velvety to the touch and of cheaper make.

Anyway, after extensive use of my previous plastic one, I noticed that the tip of the vibrator had a small white dot on it, where I assume the paint or coating or something had worn away and revealed some of the underlying material. However, my new LH one having just arrived today, I tried it out immediately (as anyone is wont to do with a shiny new toy) but discovered that straight after using it for the first time, a white dot had also appeared on its end! Have I managed to wear away the outer coating after one go? I wasn't that vigorous with it, I don't think...

Question is, does this happen to all vibes and it's just something I should ignore, or should I send it back for a replacement? Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks all.

Which product do you have? Sometimes hard plastic toys have a manufacturing mark (like Rock-Off Ro-80mm bullets) These aren't always well coated with the chrome pain or similar covering. Often they wear away pretty quickly.

But also ;some bullets are coated in materials which don't last when in contact with certain lubricants. A few hard bullets have a layer of silicone which can be damaged with certain silicone lubricants. Some are coated in a latex covering which will damage with oil based lubes.

Generally, the tip will only wear, as this is the area you are most likely to focus onto your body, but also it's unlikely to wear anywhere els eon the products body, unless there are many more manufacturing dips in the production.

I know someone writing an article on this subject soon, which lead me to doing a few home tests with products. Some products don't seem to have a protective coat over the colouration / metal paint, so they where quicker, others seem to have a resin gloss.

When chippingaway at the resin gloss, I found putting a coat of clear nail polish over it prevented it from damaging further. But this was only applied to non-insertable areas. I'm unsure how safe nail varnish is when it comes in contact with skin and body fluids, for a start it chips away easily, but also after reading a few reports, some can contain PVC in them, which some people may not like due to the possibilty of phthalates.