Weekend away

The OH & I are thinking we want a weekend away (without any of the kids). The hard part is finding somewhere. We live in Norfolk, don't mind where we go & have both said that what we want from the weekend is to have time together, catch up, go somewhere where there is something to do, but the main thing is to have an adult weekend.
Any suggestions / recommendations?

I keep meaning to go here and stay in the Play Room http://www.hotelpelirocco.co.uk/rooms/play-room

Head for the North Norfolk coast, some time alone walking on the beaches together, if you can stretch to it try Posh B&B at Byfords, big rooms, with big beds & baths big enough for two. Not cheap mind but plenty of fun.

BBG - byfords looks lovely. Will definitely put that on the short list. Thanks :)
Don - thanks for the suggestion, it's a bit pink / red!! Lol

M-J wrote:

The OH & I are thinking we want a weekend away (without any of the kids). The hard part is finding somewhere. We live in Norfolk, don't mind where we go & have both said that what we want from the weekend is to have time together, catch up, go somewhere where there is something to do, but the main thing is to have an adult weekend.
Any suggestions / recommendations?

We do this sort of thing regularly in Uk Chester, the lake district (see avatar) York Harrogate Edinburgh the Cotswolds (near Blenheim Palace) outside UK Paris Bruges Amsterdam Berlin Hamburg and Hanover

We are plotting our Euro Tour at the moment..Calais Nancy Semour en Auxois Lecco in Como Vienna Prague Dresden Dusseldorf and back home lol

gunther wrote:

Paris Bruges Amsterdam Berlin Hamburg and Hanover

We are plotting our Euro Tour at the moment..Calais Nancy Semour en Auxois Lecco in Como Vienna Prague Dresden Dusseldorf and back home lol

I assume Freiburg im Breisgau is out of the question then. It's a pity that you are shooting so high, latitude-wise, because it would be cool if you dropped by, say, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, or at least Nürnberg by way of detour on your way to the marshlands and depressions in the northwest... I for one would swap Düsseldorf for something easier on the eye if I had to roll thataways ;)

wow repliquant thanks for the tip thats our sort of place I know dusseldorf because I worked around there swapping dusseldorf for a night in Rothenburg

If you don't want to travel too far, Ipswich is lovely for a weekend away and easy to get to. Salthouse Harbour hotel is fantastic with very unusual rooms. If you want an away from it all feel then five lakes hotel in essex is very rural and lovely!

This place was recommended by a friend:

http://www.kent-cottage-holidays.co.uk/page40.html

Never been there, but looks nice and good reviews on the whole. Plus there is loads to do in Kent...

We had a fantastic weekend on the Norfolk Broads. Get a nice boat, visit nice pubs and restaurants and have a relaxing time together.

Thanks guys, the salthouse harbour hotel looks good too. So does the place in Kent, however, it's all booked up for sept & oct already :(
Trying to go the weekend before my birthday in oct :)