Weird strange error messages

I have just received the following error message attempting to submit a post:

Transaction (Process ID 154) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction..

I am now very scared because I don't think I want to be a deadlock victim even though I don't know what it is. It sounds like something from a Stephen King film!

Seriously though, has anyone else ever encountered weird and wonderful error messages on computers that they would like to share?

One of my favourites some years ago was:

Device must restart to ensure driver install indeed.

That happens every now and again on here. Just press 'back' and click on 'post' again.

Many many years ago when I still had a windows PC - I was trying to install a brand new microsoft bluetooth keyboard and when I was trying to install the drivers, it popped up an error message saying along the lines of:

Unable to detect keyboard input. Press any key to continue.

Which didn't work, obviously because it couldn't detect the keyboard. After going round in circles several times, I switched back to a regular cabled keyboard. Less hassle :D

DavidB1986 wrote:

Many many years ago when I still had a windows PC - I was trying to install a brand new microsoft bluetooth keyboard and when I was trying to install the drivers, it popped up an error message saying along the lines of:

Unable to detect keyboard input. Press any key to continue.

Which didn't work, obviously because it couldn't detect the keyboard. After going round in circles several times, I switched back to a regular cabled keyboard. Less hassle :D

This is my new favourite ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

This is the message i have got many a time!!!! I never figured it out but normally mist post appears but wont work to click on it

I just used like back button like SubDom said and it worked the second time.

I am now very scared because I don't think I want to be a deadlock victim even though I don't know what it is. It sounds like something from a Stephen King film!

LOL at this! x