Welcome to the new forum - Lets chat!

I see the big red box too, and I think there should be a third button. Something like “No, I mean I don’t know as much as @IanChimp, but I mostly know my way around” and that option would make the big red box go away. :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s weird to see the new forum has been active for nearly 3 months now

I second @KinkyMira’s thoughts - I clicked both buttons hoping that once I had done so it would disappear. Definitely a good feature for newbies to the forum though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nottingham any

By the look of it, I think everyone ported over from the old site will get their Anniversary badge on the 29th July :partying_face::balloon: (though the ‘365 days in a row’ Devotee one won’t officially pop until a few days later, for those counting :slightly_smiling_face:).

It’s strange that it’s been a year already, though I still feel like it’s March 2020 so I’m probably not the best timekeeper on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

<blockquote>

<p><strong>Ian Chimp wrote:</strong></p>

<p>But of nosatlgia for the old site?</p>

<p>This is great - Womanizer Classic Rechargeable Clitoral Stimulator - Lovehoney UK </p>

</blockquote>

Ah, having to type out all the <p> tags. 5 minute edit that only worked every now and again. And the links were super basic. Those were the days. :slightly_smiling_face: Though, thinking about it, I wonder if I could’ve used all this new code we’ve learned on here on there too? :thinking:

3 Likes

I thought kicking the dust of this topic would have spurred an outpouring of thoughts and opinions on what people thought of this new place (and maybe some comparisons to the old :slightly_smiling_face:). No takers?

Maybe some questions to start us off?

• What’s your favourite change?
  • What’s your least favourite change?
  • Do you wish you could have the old one back?

I liked the picture uploads for the old site, you could look at all the pictures that had been uploaded by a particular member without looking at all photo’s.

You can do that now :slightly_smiling_face: (at least within a topic). If you click on a username and bring up the pop-out usercard you can click on the grey ‘x posts in topic’ filter and get just their ones. :+1:

Some people will have their profiles hidden though (like yours), so the button isn’t always accessible.

1 Like

Hi, I will take a look at that, thank you for all your help.

1 Like

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: Hopefully it’ll be useful to you. :crossed_fingers:

Anyone else? There are a lot of people that have joined since the upgrade who won’t have seen the old place, but feel free to chuck in any likes and dislikes you have as well. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

To be honest, I love everything about the new forum and don’t miss the old one at all. I love the ability to pop more code in to do q u i rk y things and link pictures and replies in from other topics.

And yes, from a personal point of view I like the Rebus-ing abilities of the new forum and finding new tricks to throw into them.

Things I miss are all to do with the main site switch over (like Review of the Month) rather than the forum switch over - no complaints on the forum, works well! :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

No, I don’t think I do either. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s see… :thinking: Some of the things I like…

• Obviously I love the formatting options. :slightly_smiling_face:

• Linking up and quoting other topics is fantastic. :+1:

• I quite like the Likes. :slightly_smiling_face: (and the Badges)

• The Testers category is pretty cool.

• The notifications are great for keeping track of conversations (or muting the ones you can’t be doing with :slightly_smiling_face:).

• Having the Games tucked away out of sight is brilliant, as they could dominate the homepage and crowd out all the other topics.

• Including Lovehoney pictures in posts has been a great addition. :+1:

I’m sure there’s more. I need an afternoon on the old site just to remind me of what I now take for granted. :slightly_smiling_face:

• The dice roller

2d6

1 Like

Oh i know 1 thing about the new forum that’s bugging me: i can’t get the read guidelines badge. I’ve read the guidelines and clicked through it several times (it’s the only badge I’m missing in that category so i really want to get it) but it still won’t give it to me

A few people had issues with that one, but we couldn’t figure out a pattern. Logging in on a laptop seemed to work for some people?

@Ace12345 I got you! :wink:

2 Likes

Or Brenna can manually give it to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

On a similar theme, my Leader badge hasn’t popped yet? Is this something you can help out with?

2 Likes

Not sure i used the old one enough to get an impression of all its quirks. But there are lots of things i do like about the new one, especially the coding and things like the dicerollers.
Linking up and quoting is incredibly simple and fluid too (even though i still suck at it sometimes :laughing: )
The image inclusions and formatting options are also great.
Being able to see one persons posts in a thread is really useful as well.

I do miss being able to friend people but i understand why this, along with the private messaging was removed.

Most of the things i miss are to do with the main site to be honest, the obvious ones (eg. Having lists, being able to see all your reviews in one place) but also things like being able to filter items by discount. Being able to filter reviews by usefulness (i know that ones a bit subjective, but when an item has 100+ reviews its incredibly handy)

2 Likes

Actually I miss this too, the private messaging had stopped even before I joined (about a decade ago!) and I wouldn’t want that to be a thing but I rather liked having a list of friends you chat to regularly so you could easily check through to their profiles (…admittedly wouldn’t be overly helpful for people trying to look up people like me who have profiles set to private but meh, you still have friends).

2 Likes

The private messaging was retired a long, long time ago, and the Friend feature was a straggler from that. It didn’t really have much functionality left, apart from maybe a quick link to someone’s Community page where you could see their latest Activity (and reviews, though that’s a whole other thing :slightly_smiling_face:).

However, there are a couple of ways to still ‘follow’ individual users on this new forum. There’s no Notification by user activity yet (though you never know, they’re updating it all the time), but you can use someone’s profile (if it’s public) to jump to their Activity page and view their latest posts, and also see what they’ve Liked recently. And if their profile is hidden you can still search for any user’s posts by putting an @ in front of their username, and that brings up a list of their posts which you can order by Latest (small quirk, it only brings up one reply per topic).

Could that be useful as a stand-in?

One more for my list:

• We have a working Search now :slightly_smiling_face:
1 Like

Sorting the @username Search results by Most Liked is interesting too if you want to see someone’s Top Posts. You can even tweak a link of your own and include it in your profile. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s also a good way of finding good posts to add a Like to if you’re looking to spread a few around. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: (eg. for the Out of Love, Higher Love, and Crazy in Love badges)

Extra Tip:

Some of them will be top-stacked with posts from the Your Photos category, which you may want to filter out to get to the more wordy ones. :slightly_smiling_face: You can’t exclude a category unfortunately, but you can search a single category. :+1:

To find the top posts for a user in a specific category you would type their @username plus eg. Sex Tips & Talk in the Search bar (and order by Most Liked). Though both the @ and the # will bring up suggestions as you type to make it easier. :+1:

:mag:   @Ian_Chimp
 in:#sex-tips-and-talk  
 by:Most Liked

1 Like