Went to a BDSM event and loved it!

I went to my first ever BDSM event a few days ago with my spouse. For a while I was nervous, didn’t know that to expect. We heard stories, we talked to people, but I was shy.

Then I went and I loved it, people chatting, people hanging out, people getting smacked on the bottom. I loved it! Even had fun playing with my spouse!

Definitely hoping to go again!

8 Likes

Very Good , hope you had fun . Amazing how vanilla people believe we are weird but until you actually go to an event with like minded folk you dont actually realise how " normal " we like minded people really are . The only thing to fear is fear itself haha

5 Likes

So glad you both had fun. We used to be regulars at our local but the lady that used to run it has passed away and it has changed (for the worse). Definitely plenty of memories though - and plenty of reddened bottoms! :wink:

1 Like

What type of event was it @krzwis ? There can be a bunch of different formats. I am guessing it was a big private space where everyone could do their thing?

Edit: typo as usual

1 Like

Would love to go to an event like this

1 Like

Basically it was a lounge/event space. Half was a dungeon and half was lounge type seating. People mostly hung out, chilled and mingled and gradually as the night went on more and more people used the dungeon space.

We didn’t know as many people so we didn’t socialize as much. That being said that gave us more of an opportunity to use the dungeon space and I got to really enjoy myself.

We couldn’t stay long: family commitments of kids and cats limited out time to only a few hours. Will definitely try and go again if possible and hopefully stay a bit longer.

You totally should if you can

Basically my journey: joined Fetlife, through that found out about my local fetish community had a discord group. Joined the discord group.

Between discord and Fetlife I got a chance to ask questions, read other people’s questions. I learned which events are safe and which to avoid. I learned which events people swore by. I made friends, we hung out and played board games in person. Eventually a started attending a few munches (social gatherings)… although I never attended an in person one because of family commitments and because one time I tried I got sick a day or two before.

Eventually I resolved a few months ago to check out a play party and some of my online friends in the local scene encouraged me to check out a specific event.

Woohoo! Good for you, sounds like it was great experience