What are you currently doing?

Putting myself ready for a my first real proper hike tomorrow with a friend.

Walking boots clean, rucksack packed. Really excited

8 Likes

Excited for you! Bring snacks, a man up Ben Nevis was giving out Moralibos (Haribo) on his way down, so now I always have some jellies with me to keep me going. Enjoy!

1 Like

Scrolling through the comments in this forum.

1 Like

Don’t forget the kendal mint cake!!!

2 Likes

Currently sat out int garden taking part in the rspb big bird watch.
Sadly there’s a distinct lack of activity :frowning:

2 Likes

Just got back from eating dinner out. Now I’m in my pjs, under a blanket cuddled up with hubby, watching gladiators while eating a bag of mini eggs :yum:

2 Likes

Feet up in front of the tv. I’ve had the week off and it’s been super busy that it’s gone sooo quick. Kinda dreading work tomorrow and the chaos.
Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend x

1 Like

Day off today.
Currently enjoying a pot of assam and waiting for my bread to rise.
Not dressed yet, totally starkers.
Going for a run once bread has baked.
Ooo , i will get dressed first.:joy:

Day off today. Very productive morning.

Chilling now and watching The Lost City. Not laughed so hard in quite a while :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Looking at puppies :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Is that a euphemism?

No, we’re looking at getting new puppy in the next couple of months.

2 Likes

Both the boys had parties today, so I took the youngest and hubby took our other son. After they finished, we went shopping. There’s a homeless man that goes there quite frequently just sitting outside, not making a nuisance of himself, and the supermarket have no problem with him. He doesn’t ask anyone, just sits there. I talk to him all the time, and I always ask him if he needs anything or wants anything, and every single time he’ll say “I’m not taking anything off of you, you have children” so I always give him some money for food, he never takes it so I put it in his hand. Well today when I was talking to him he told me that he had stage 2 bowl cancer, I knew he wasn’t well for a couple weeks and the other day he found out. I just can’t get him out of my head, he’s such a lovely man and with other problems too, he’s now got to deal with this. I really didn’t want to leave him there like that. Just hope that he can fight it!

2 Likes

It’s such a shame that people have to live like that, especially when people who come here illegally are housed in hotels etc.
You are a good person and your concern for him shows that. Hopefully a homeless charity or Macmillan could sort him out some care?

Hopefully he’ll get the help that he needs and deserves. I said to him just let me know if you need anything, even if it’s just to listen.

1 Like

That’s such a sad thing :slightly_frowning_face: really kind that you give him money and food etc and give him time to talk to him. I work in a coffee shop I won’t say which one but at the end of the day if I see a homeless person who like you were saying about the man you try and help the one who sits outside our shop doesn’t make a fuss or beg for anything. I always make sure I buy a hot drink and a water for him at the end of my shift if I see him :slightly_frowning_face: it’s so sad

2 Likes

You are such a caring person @Dirty-Wife it is such a shame that sometimes some people just don’t get any luck. He has enough to deal with being homeless and being homeless will mean the bowel cancer even harder to deal with. I am sure he appreciates you talking with him and showing him you care. Well done and thank you from a fellow human being.

1 Like

Counting down the hours until the wife finishes work as we’ve got pizza ordered and waiting. Few beers in the fridge and a day off tomorrow. A nice chilled evening stuffing my face haha

5 Likes

Getting prepped for the superbowl - snacks at the ready (trying to explain to our new cat that the sofa is mine tonight),

Also trying to tidy my model desk up ready for a new project whilst listening the real crime profile podcast

2 Likes

For the first time in ages I’ve had to call in sick to work because I literally can’t move from my bed.

I got hit with the worst migraine ever from 7pm last night :pensive: No painkillers touched it, was awake pretty much all through the night curled up I’m a ball and I’m still in bed now. I lost vision again in one side and that always is terrifying, but it’s back now.

3 Likes