What cheered me up recently

KittenFeatures wrote:

Job interview seemingly went well. Really hoping for this job, even if it is only 6 months.. I'm nowhere near employable enough at the moment for a permanent one, I guess. I'll hear back friday and I really hope it's good news.

Fingers crossed xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

Job interview seemingly went well. Really hoping for this job, even if it is only 6 months.. I'm nowhere near employable enough at the moment for a permanent one, I guess. I'll hear back friday and I really hope it's good news.

Fingers crossed xx

Thanks. :3 I'm so excited to go back to work. Will be so bummed if this job falls through, it's a great opportunity for me.

My youngest daughter treated me to lunch out today to thank me for being there for her through her 3 years at uni (she finishes in 2weeks).

She took me to a proper old fashioned tea shop. We had cute, very tasty sandwiches, lavender scones with lemon curd and cream and elderflower and peach cake and loads of tea ! It was absolutely delicious. And we went shopping.....treated ourselves to some gorgeous bath bombs.

A perfect day xx

1 Like

Sound like a great day! Glad you both enjoyed it :)

Sounds like a lovely day terri, kittenfeatures I have my fingers crossed for you! I had a really nice day today hanging out with my family and also had friends round in the evening. It was a good day and beautiful weather :)

Didn't know that my daughter's school was closed for polling day (they hid it at the bottom of page 3 of last week's school newsletter!). Was about to get her dressed and she announced she has the day off; now we are curled up on the sofa together having breakfast, and are going to get all the art materials out in a mo :)

A lost friend coming back to me and drawing me this picture cheered me up..coming to the end of a tough week has cheered me up..feeling better in myself and feeling better physically has cheered me up..lovehoney has cheered me up and the lovely peeps here including lovehoney staff have cheered me up..it's a gorgeous day again and after my review i am doing housework but i am going to rock it out listening to my music and today will be good xx

1 Like

Kitten features - fingers crossed 4 you with job 💜xx

Terri - your day sounded tabular, glad you had a lovely time 💜xx

Thats really awesome mummy mermaid, im glad youve got your friend back 😄 also love the ago picture it suits you down to the ground 😙 Glad you're feeling better physically too, as you know what they say healthy body healthy mind. Lovehoney peeps are awesome, such a great environment. Have a lovely day blasting your tunes and get out in the sun 💜xx

The sun's shining,so I'm going to embrace it and see if I can get a tab on my pasty skin 😂😂
I'm feeling in a much better frame of mind then I have been of late which is great as I feel so much more positive about things now 😁 Also my gorgeous oh made me breakkie in bed 💏 long may the good times continue 💜xx

1 Like

I am so happy that you are feeling so well Slinky :) What a great way to start your day, hope the rest of the day will be lovely too!

slinky binky wrote:

Thank youu! I hear back tomorrow. :x Nerves kicking in a bit.

slinky binky wrote:

Terri - your day sounded tabular, glad you had a lovely time 💜xx

Thats really awesome mummy mermaid, im glad youve got your friend back 😄 also love the ago picture it suits you down to the ground 😙 Glad you're feeling better physically too, as you know what they say healthy body healthy mind. Lovehoney peeps are awesome, such a great environment. Have a lovely day blasting your tunes and get out in the sun 💜xx

The sun's shining,so I'm going to embrace it and see if I can get a tab on my pasty skin 😂😂
I'm feeling in a much better frame of mind then I have been of late which is great as I feel so much more positive about things now 😁 Also my gorgeous oh made me breakkie in bed 💏 long may the good times continue 💜xx

I can only reiterate what Slinky has already written, and glad that you are feeling better, breakkie in bed! how the other live![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Some of our friends have just gone back to England, it was great seeing them again. They have an appartment in the village, but the good news is, they are back again in June![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Reading all these lovely posts! 😊

Congrats Linda2008 on getting the red bodysuit to test! x

Fingers crossed for the job KittenFeatures. x

TerriJJ sounds like you had a lovely day with your daughter. x

So pleased your friend came back into your Life Mummymermaid. Awesome drawing, I love it! x

Sexsquid enjoy painting with your daughter! x

Slinky I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine. x

I'm also happy that the sun is out and I can catch up with my mountain of washing lol.

Oh no I hide from the sun unless I have spf 50 on hehe..thanks slinky i am so happy things are getting better for you both xxxx

LeilaK wrote:

Reading all these lovely posts! 😊

Congrats Linda2008 on getting the red bodysuit to test! x

Fingers crossed for the job KittenFeatures. x

TerriJJ sounds like you had a lovely day with your daughter. x

So pleased your friend came back into your Life Mummymermaid. Awesome drawing, I love it! x

Sexsquid enjoy painting with your daughter! x

Slinky I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine. x

I'm also happy that the sun is out and I can catch up with my mountain of washing lol.

Hehe thank you..i am also waiting for my washing machine to finish!!! Xxx

Aww thank you sxleksaker, many, Leila and mummy mermaid for being happy for me. Reading your msgs bought a huge smile on my dial 😊
The rest of our day was lovely. We got stuck into the gardening and i admired oh gardening whilst I was tanning myself on the garden swing 😃 💜xx

Aww mummy mernaid you need to get some spf50 on and get the important vitamins from the sun hunni 💜xx

Sex squid, I'm sure you had a fantastic day painting with your daughter 💜xx

1 Like

KittenFeatures wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

Pleasure hunni, i imagine youre very nervous but just remember what's for you won't go by you. I've never heard a truer saying than that. . Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for the job, good luck 💜xx
1 Like

slinky binky wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

Pleasure hunni, i imagine youre very nervous but just remember what's for you won't go by you. I've never heard a truer saying than that. . Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for the job, good luck 💜xx

I should hear back later today. Even more nervous buuutt I received and email to let me know that my lovehoney order from last week has arrivied at the local distribution center and is 'ready for delivery' so it should arrive today, which has taken my mind off it a little. At least either way I have something to look forward to. :) And thank you again.

KittenFeatures wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

I should hear back later today. Even more nervous buuutt I received and email to let me know that my lovehoney order from last week has arrivied at the local distribution center and is 'ready for delivery' so it should arrive today, which has taken my mind off it a little. At least either way I have something to look forward to. :) And thank you again.

Didn't get the job, quite upset about it to be honest. I only have three weeks until my maternity payments run out and then I have no idea what I'm going to do. I can't afford where I live unless I get a job and there's not a lot coming through that I can go for. Massive downer at the moment while I have a bit of a panic attack, seriously need something to go right for once.

lmh95 wrote:

Sorry to hear that KittenFeatures. I had my fingers crossed for you. Good luck with your continued search and one positive you can take from this is that it's been good interview experience for next time. Hopefully something even better jobwise is just around the corner
for you.

Take care x

P.s. Enjoy your Lovehoney treats:)

Thank you. I've lost the motivation to use them right now, to be honest. Not sure what I'm going to do. The issue with jobs is the agency I'm with won't pay me if I get something temporary when I need to be off and that's a huge deal when you have a child. I can't afford to not be paid. So it's only permanent jobs and temp jobs that are contracted with the company that I can do and they are pretty rare. I don't have much to offer either at the moment and can't afford to do any additional qualifications. It's a catch 22 situation I guess.

lmh95 wrote:

I hope you don't think I'm being rude but have you looked into what benefits you may be able to get as a single parent? If you've not got much savings and not a lot of money coming in after your maternity pay stops you might get help with housing and you should be eligible for child tax credit and may even get working families tax credit or income support and possibly money to cover child care costs for your daughter while you are at work. If you haven't already looked into it then it might be worth investigating. Hope this helps:)

I have a little. I know I get child benefit and income support at the moment (my maternity isn't really enough as is, so it has to be topped up) but there are so many issues. They are taking money off me based on the fact that her biological father pays no child maintenance and it isn't just a little bit they're taking off either. Housing benefit may cover my flat, but that will reduce the amount I get overall which means I'm still going to struggle and I don't know how long it's going to be before I do manage to get work. It's all a bit scary and getting on top of me at the moment.