What cheered me up recently

Ooh la la @Dirty-Wife !
Have a tres bien time :star_struck:

The daffodils are popping up everywhere, even though we have mega frosts.
Spring is on its way

9 Likes

Heck yes the daffs are showing! We live in the south east and ours are 6 inches plus. Spring is definitely on the way! A definite reason for me to be cheerful!

5 Likes

My Son has a friend staying with us for the weekend. Took them out for an activity and food. Then back to ours for the evening.

They live the other side of Wales so rarely see eachother, the joy coming off them when they reconnected was magical x

13 Likes

Saw my first snowdrops yesterday as well as the many daffs that are shooting up.

11 Likes

I can still cook great sweet and sour sauce from scratch. Something I first cooked back when you couldn’t buy it in the supermarket. First time I have made in ages and the taste test on the end of a teaspoon put a massive smile on my face.

Oh, that… and the fact that i’m still a modest and humble person

12 Likes

News that my boss is being moved on.
Massive YAY!

8 Likes

The beautiful frosty, foggy scenery and spectacular Sunrises and Sunsets recently!

8 Likes

I beautiful text conversation with an old flame.

Totally platonic, but so much love.

Checking I was ok and telling how much I have helped him recently (I wasn’t aware I really had).

Seems this little Ladybird doesn’t crave male validation anymore, male friendship is wonderful however x

18 Likes

That is so nice to hear @The_Little_Ladybird it does not have to be just between the sheets. Enjoy the friendship, I hope you are doing well, looking after yourself and your son. Big hugs sent. :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

That’s great @The_Little_Ladybird :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Sometimes a caring message from a friend does so much to help raise our spirits, and it costs nothing. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks all. He is someone I really respect and care about.
He knew me back when I was confident, free and full of life. He has been through something truly horrible and he said my faith in him has helped him to see himself differently.
Strange that we have been able to help eachother through our difficulties.

12 Likes

Sparrows in the winter sunshine.
They always seem so cheerful no matter how cold it gets

8 Likes

That looks stunning, even seeing the photos has made me smile :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Seeing the amount of fun things we have lined up for between now and the end of Feb. :smiley:

7 Likes

A silly thing but in the fanfic I’m writing, I included an avocado soft toy ages ago. Today in Morrisons supermarket, in the valentines section there was a little avocado soft toy :purple_heart: (I’ve not seen one before). It made me smile.

Even better? I was talking to my best friend - who knows about my fic - because I was offering to pick some other ones up for my godkids and she told me to grab the avocado and she’d treat me :purple_heart:

I love my lil avodude :avocado:

7 Likes

It cheers me up trying to help my forum friends, I’ve been going through a rough time for quite a while now, nothing going right and feeling very dejected, by trying to help, it makes me feel I’m making a small difference, on here people are so much kinder than people I physically see :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Gorgeous photos :heart_eyes:

1 Like