What cheered me up recently

Being on holiday in the US. Had amazing time away with friends.

2 Likes

Getting to watch OH eat and being eaten by Jen

3 Likes

After my solo June holiday got cancelled due to flight changes, I have now booked another solo trip for May this year :sunny::sunglasses:

A bit last minute so I’m off to pack :joy:

9 Likes

I’d love to book a solo holiday, that’s very brave!

@JoCat you really should! I’ve been quite on quite a few solo ones in the UK, but this’ll be my first one abroad by myself.

I’m going to the same area I’ve been to before in March with friends, so I feel comfortable walking around etc.

I think I’ll need to find some friends to put sun cream on my back lol, haven’t quite figured that out yet :joy:

2 Likes

Never thought about that lol you’ll need to make friends with someone and be su cream buddies

1 Like

Have a wonderful time @ChloJakes I doubt you will have any problems finding people to put your sunscreen on. Where are you going? (just the country/island)

1 Like

@steve19 back to Lanzarote :sunglasses: literally same place as March, I found a hotel just round the corner of where we stayed before!

4 Likes

Very nice island, I have been a few times but not in the last 10 years so I expect there has been lots of changes. We have found a few nice places on Tenerife so have tended to go there.

1 Like

I had a few notifications this morning from @D_and_E made me smile!
Glad you popped in, really hope you are well x

1 Like

Most of the WWE Wrestlemania results :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My oldest grandson turned 21 yesterday . So my son and I took him to the neighborhood bar to buy him his first drink . Just something special about three generations having a few drinks together . The food there is super good too . He seems to be growing up quicker than his dad did . He is actually saving for a better car , yay ! I left pretty early , I think his dad planned on getting him pretty drunk . Will be interesting to hear how he feels today . Also my friend that lives far away and fighting cancer and other medical issues has been complaining for many months about being cold all the time . I linked him to an electric jacket last fall . He is quite wealthy , but never spends money on himself . A couple days ago my wife and I bought it along with a spare battery and it was delivered yesterday . He texted late last night he loved it , YAY !

5 Likes

Congrats on your divorce u going up pen y fan

1 Like

@AWB1955 yes… actually planning on doing it in the summer with my boyfriend and his children (I haven’t met them yet) :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I have done it on several occasions it great when you get to the top harder coming down than going up

1 Like

I would imagine they’re available in the U.S. but i highly recommend heated fleece blankets for people who feel the cold. Over here they’re about £40 and they have timer and temperature controls. Fabulous for sitting watching tv or reading, and are relatively cheap to run.

1 Like

The one we bought him has heated chest , back and detachable heated hood . With the extra battery it was about $150 US . Run time on low is rated at 18 hours and on high 8 hours . I have a heated jacket liner for motorcycling , runs off bike battery and was a heck of a lot more money . I never use it . I bought it for a ride up to Alaska in 2011 . Problem is if it gets cold enough for me to need it , there is ice on the road and I do not ride .

3 Likes

@The_Little_Ladybird I’m doing ok! I read a few of your posts and you seem to be in a good place, im happy for you! I’ve started seeing someone now! Life starts after a divorce :joy:

2 Likes

@D_and_E yay!! I was hoping for an update.

So pleased for you x

2 Likes

@The_Little_Ladybird snap! I’ve often thought of you and a few people on this site! I’ve just not been in a place to come back on to it until now!

Love the profile picture by the way :grin:

2 Likes