What do you call...

Hi everyone, just wondering what do you all call your sex toys, toys, gadgets, gizmo's, dildo etc. Or do you name them individually?

I call mine my friends, I can often be heard telling the OH I'm off to play with a friend.

They're just 'the toys'. If i were to name them all individually, I'd be on a while to say the least...

lol, I must admit I never name things individually, but I wondered if maybe people had a specially named favourite!

i haven't named any of my toys but i tend to call them by the style "the rabbit" the glass dildos" ect. if i have ore than one style and im describing them to someone i tend to go by the description in LH eg "the ribbed glass dildo" or "the slimline rabbit" for example

Yeah me and the mr generally refer to them by description. Unless they actually have a name - like the Mia (by Lelo) for example... Though if i said 'the mia' to the mr, i'd probably have to follow it up by saying 'the usb charged pink one' lol

My favourite is a little pink one that is imaginatively called "pinky" but other than that I just call them by the product name. Luckily my OH is quite clued up on all the toys so he knows what I'm talking about!

xxKPxx

"Playing with a friend" - I like it! We tend to just say, "don't bother me, need alone time", which is slightly grumpier sounding?! I haven't really talked to anyone about individual toys, so, unless we're having a girly chat (in which case no-one tends to go more detailed that my vibe or my glass butt plug), they don't get referred to as anything in particular. Brand names tend to stick ('Lelo', 'Hello Kitty', 'Jessica Rabbit' etc), but I don't think any of them really have their own names... Perhaps I should get creative!

My favourite rabbit is called BOB......Battery Opperated Boyfriend! My other toys don't have any names. x

sexy little minx wrote:

My favourite rabbit is called BOB......Battery Opperated Boyfriend! My other toys don't have any names. x

That's brilliant! Very imaginative hun!

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

sexy little minx wrote:

That's brilliant! Very imaginative hun!

xxKPxx

Thanks KP. My OH was killing himself laughing when I told him. x

sweetlove666 wrote:

i haven't named any of my toys but i tend to call them by the style "the rabbit" the glass dildos" ect. if i have ore than one style and im describing them to someone i tend to go by the description in LH eg "the ribbed glass dildo" or "the slimline rabbit" for example

LivingFire wrote:

Yeah me and the mr generally refer to them by description. Unless they actually have a name - like the Mia (by Lelo) for example...

I think there's a thread on here someplace about how much I hate euphemisms, and besides, I find unexpected explicitness can sometimes be funny. :) Anyhow, I'm quite like sweetlove666 and Livingfire, if my toys have names already then I'll use them, like two of my (for different reasons) favourite dildos whom I call Spiral and Tiger:

http://ladylubyanka.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/spiral-and-tiger/

Although having said that, my new Waver has recently joined Spiral in my inner circle of dongy best friendiness, you guys were right, the Waver really is quite splendid! :)

If only it weren't pink. Oh well.

I quite like anthropomorphising my dongs, just like I enjoy objectifying kvetch, and then we have mock mini-fights for a minute and a half in which kvetch asks if I would prefer to be left alone with my other lovers (i.e. the dongs) and I announce in the style of a relationship therapist - "Ooooh, Poly Issue!".

For other people (friends, colleagues, shop assistants, that nice gay guy in the camping shop where we got kvetch's jacket), I refer to them in general as "sex toys" and name them in particular if I'm talking about something specific.

I quite liked BOB as a name, that's cute. :) For me maybe BOP or Eee Pee (battery operated pal or electrical pal) might be better, except for the ones which don't use batteries, which is maybe why I use names for most of my dongs, heh.

This is getting confusing so I'll stop now :p

LOL Lubyanka - Eee Pee for me is Elaine Paige! Don't see her as a sex toy though. I used to joke that my first couple were "Johnny " (Depp) or "Hugh" (Jackman) and I even named one jokingly "Seth" (Rogan) but more recent additons have remained nameless.
If I ever got nipple clamps, I would call them Ant and Dec, since they would get on my ...

Lubyanka wrote: two of my (for different reasons) favourite dildos whom I call Spiral and Tiger

I hope that "Tiger" doesn't clatter off your fire hydrant and end up wedged in your bushExternal Media

I usually pick the most unique part of a toy and call it by that....I have "my pink toy", "my purple toy", "my glass dildo" and "my rose toy" as my current faves. I leave my favourites out so I can get to them easily so I only need to define between them, rather than those and the other toys that are kept in a suitcase under the coffee table in our bedroom.

We got a lelo mia the other day so when we start using that I guess it'll end up being called "Mia".

Then collectively they are just known as "toys"

Ax

i call mine my play mates!!!!!!!!

I just call mine my toys. When I got my first vibe, I named it (I cant remember what now) and said I was gonna name all of them, but it was broken so I had to take it back, and when I got my new one (which also turned out to be broken), I forgot to name it and havent named any since.

I started off distinguishing them by colour, but I now have several and they're all pink or purple, so its not so easy!

I just say my toys or sex toys, but if I refer to one I say my cone, my dildo, my rabbit etc. As I don't currently have a bf I don't really talk about them a lot!

imeldaimelda wrote:

I just say my toys or sex toys, but if I refer to one I say my cone, my dildo, my rabbit etc. As I don't currently have a bf I don't really talk about them a lot!

Aha! You have a cone! I so wanted one and they got discontinued! Is it as much fun as it looks?

xxKPxx

None of mine have nicknames other than 'little rabbit' (just to differentiate) and 'little blue' for my chick stix bullet. I find it amusing that if I asked for 'cassidy' or whatever the company called the particular toy I wanted - my ex would always be able to pull out the right one x

KittyPurry wrote:

imeldaimelda wrote:

Aha! You have a cone! I so wanted one and they got discontinued! Is it as much fun as it looks?

xxKPxx

Yes it's my favourite toy! I do think it depends on HOW you masturbate though, as I find grinding on it most effective, not using it like a conventional vibe. Just bear that in mind if you consider getting one. I find it strong vibes and great to use with a partner. I think LH had some issues with them, but mine has never played up and the silicone if good quality. It's the one I use the most.