What got you into toys in the first place?

We all had to start somewhere. What was your first expeience of sex toys and why did you make your first purchase?

We had only been married a few months and my new wife got invited to a sex toy party by a friend. She came back having ordered a rabitt. When it arrived she said (and I quote), "I am never going to use that thing!" It got flung in the back of a cupboard.

A month went by and one horny night after a bottle of wine (or two) I suggested I get the vibrator out. She agreed, but told me she was never going to put it inside her. However, once it started buzzing and I started moving it around her clit, she grabbed it, inserted it, and came hard in a matter of seconds.

We were hooked and we've never looked back. What's your 'first time' story?

1 Like

We had bought a few toys many moons ago, a 5 inch plastic battery vibrator, then years later a jelly battery vibrator and love egg but these were used sporadically at best (barely at all) and it had probably been a good few years where we basically left them in a draw.

One evening where more red wine was consumed than is recommended, we started talking after a rather good sex session. I had had enough wine to drop my guard somewhat and talked about wanting to unleash my "inner pervert", where we could enjoy each others body without inhibition, and explore different kinds of sex. She also opened up and said she wanted to be spanked on her ass and pussy during sex and that anything was on the table. She did curtail it saying "except butt stuff" as at that time, she was apprehensive about anything anal.

I brought up about having watched the loveyhoney doco on Netflix and I soon placed our first order (some lube, a blindfold, silk restraints, nipple suckers, vibrating cock ring and a remote love egg). This first pack had barely arrived before we were back ordering more, flogger, bed restraints, feather tickler and some jiggle balls.

I had always toyed around with anal play on myself, but had not disclosed this to her, but started to introduce it with order 3, which included beginner sized butt plugs for us both plus a prostate massager and now many orders have been done to include all sorts of things including strap on kits for pegging, some rather large plugs for me (she likes wearing a butt plug but has no interest in being stretched nor "anal sex").

I still look on LH frequently wondering what else I could buy, but it has been a good 12 months since I actually made a purchase (even my unlimited membership has lapsed :( ) but we have more toys than we can use in a session now, so until somethng breaks, or something else appeals, we are very happy with our selection.

1 Like

Quite a few years back, possibly 20 or so, my wife was invited to a sex toy party and went just to make the numbers up. She bought a cheap plastic vibrator just to show willing and that turned out to be the rock on which we both perished :-). We now have a substantial collection of toys for many, many purposes.

I made my first purchase about a year and a half ago, for no other reason than my curiosity really.

My husband and I have been together over 10 years and we have 2 small kids and inevitably we got stuck in a bit of a rut. I had been thinking of a bullet or something for a while. Ordered a few bits but Mr was not so keen.

Fast forward 18months, Mr loves the toys more than ever and is always on the look out for new things!

I was 19-20 years old, on vacation in a Greek island, and on the last day I found 100 euros in the sand! When I was back in Athens, where I lived then, I visited a sex shop and bought some toys with that money.

Not sure what else I bought, but the one toy I fondly remember was a hot pink g-spot vibrator. And that's the story of how I learned to have squirting orgasms on my own. ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

1 Like

I the urge to be penetrated. I'm not into men. The muscles, the hair, the body shapes... it just doesn't do anything for me. By cocks... that's something I can get into... or get into me... So, dildos became the first real toy I got into.

1 Like

Early-twenties, perpetually single. Read an article about rabbits. Went into a shop the following week and, despite the assistant's advice that I go for more of a beginners toy, came out with bead-twirling/ thrusting-sensation seven-inch beast of a bunny.

1 Like

Exhausted all other household objects...🤣🤣

3 Likes

I was with my ex in my late teens and she used to take ages to reach orgasm so started experimenting with toys to see what worked for her, carried on buying bits ever since

Wow , had to think on that , been a long time ago ! Believe I wanted my girlfriend at the time to have more orasms . It was a flesh colored 6" variable dildo with skin like outer coating . She killed it after about a year . That was about 82' . Wonder how many toys I have bought since then . Currently I think we are down to about 40-50 or so . Was thinking I need to ad an extra room for sex toys and then would have room for machines !

I bought a vibrator on the advice of friends because I had a gynae issue - strong hymen, which made sex impossible. It was either a snip at the surgery or some home-spun fun... I'd always had a high drive and gone solo, but the vibrator gave such powerful orgasms as well as (eventually) sorting out my problem - never looked back, both in terms of relationships and toys.

My first boyfriend (when I was 18) was adamant that "plastic can't do what a man can". So when we broke up, I went straight out and bought a toy. Turned out toys CAN do things he couldn't. I now appreciate real and fake can do different things which I love! Plus there's all the other kinds of toys too! Never looked back.

1 Like

Curiosity of tiger show (actually it's called Thai girl show) during Summer holiday at Pattaya, Thailand, during my 2nd med year. Haha... that was more than 3 decades ago. After that got my first wooden made dildo.

Can't actually remember what spiked my interest, but the use of items not intended for that use eventually made me buy toys designed for pleasure 30+ years ago.

I bought my first one, a silicone dildo, only a couple of months ago right after my 18th birthday. I had been to a few toy parties so I knew what things were and had felt urges to use something inside for a while. I still feel a bit embarassed about it but I use it most of the times I masturbate now which is quite a lot since the lockdown.

How we envy you lol.
Me and missus have to wait at least another 14years before that can happen. Doesn’t stop us trying but just can’t make as much noise as we want.

1 Like

It was an ex is was with in my early twenties. When we broke up there was still some sexual tension between us but he started seeing someone else. He would try and make me jealous by talking about their great sex life and in particular that she had sex toys from some company called LoveHoney. He suggested I might enjoy using sex toys. I think he was hoping that I’d invite him to come help me use them. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I ordered myself a nice box of toys and no longer felt any unresolved sexual tension with him.

3 Likes

Wow it’s that long ago. Think it was a black widow clitoral stimulator cock ring. When it arrived it was like a kids rubber toy with a slit in the abdomen :joy:. That’s what opened up the inner perv in me. Would hate to add up how many £££s I’ve spent since then :relaxed:

After a relationship broke down as I would underperform I ordered some stamina training toys to try and resolve the issue. One thing lead to another really.

Mrs S had gone quite cool on sex until a guy on Twitter started messaging her about BDSM earlier this year. This got her interested in trying new things and I’d just happened to notice the Lovehoney TV adverts during the spring lockdown so suggested trying a classic vibrator and a wand. The she got all embarrassed about using them so I had to try rubbing them on myself first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like