What happens when you are exhausted?

So when you're working alot or whatever and you aren't getting enough sleep how does it affect you?
I have had this a couple of times, most recently last night. I get very emotional and generally cry, basically I turn into a newborn! Even someone asking me if im ok will turn me into a blubbering mess! Xx

Headache, but as soon as my head hits the pillow it's gone.

Either short tempered, or very quite

I suffer with headaches from time to time x

Generally irritable but also emotional crying at nothing angry for no real reason, that sort of thing. But after this mild delirium happy jokie and not bothered until I hit the manual wall, then there is just no staying awake no mater what.

Headaches and foul mood, lack of appetite (very rarely the opposite), can't concentrate on anything longer than half an hour (or less), my hands shake and I forget things easily. Problem is, it's kind of a chronic state, considering that I've been suffering from mild insomnia for years now and meds seems to make things worse because they make me sleep all the time so I just got used to the thing.

I'm the same, headaches and a bad mood and just a general brain fog, but I work silly hours and struggle to get to get to sleep even when I'm tired so it's a constant cycle!

I get really bad migraines & when I've reached exhaustion peak I lose feeling in my arms & legs. I keep falling asleep during the day & in odd places, had a few occassions where someones woke me up on the bs, in university, oops.

Uni was really stressing me out, but my family floor me, plus I'm trying to get a job & find a flat for August, as my friend is away home, I'm going to have to do all the viewings & paperwork.

i get ratty and loose all patience with everyone

I tend to feel even more lonely and I get absolutely desperate for a cuddle or any other bit of intimacy; I never get any, obviously. Which means the only option left is to get even more exhausted, usually through some rigorous physical exercise (that often takes hours). Then I drag myself to bed and use the last vestiges of energy to cry myself to sleep. Not very joyful, I know...

Briona87 wrote:

I tend to feel even more lonely and I get absolutely desperate for a cuddle or any other bit of intimacy; I never get any, obviously. Which means the only option left is to get even more exhausted, usually through some rigorous physical exercise (that often takes hours). Then I drag myself to bed and use the last vestiges of energy to cry myself to sleep. Not very joyful, I know...

dont waste time and energy worrying about how you used to be, get on some dating sites,there is someone out there for everyone, someone some where is thinking the same as you and doing nothing about it. take some time to find each other. good luck

Eyes get tired and I look like death warmed up.

What im doing now, laying here doing way to many things all in one go...over thinking everything, feeling confused and spaced and wanting to cry.

When I'm exhausted (which is most of the time due to my disability) I tend to just sit or lie still and state into space, as if my brain has shut down. I don't sleep very well though even if I am exhausted, so that's a real problem, I just kinda lie around and find it really hard to speak to anyone or listen to people talking, I can't take any of it in. No wonder my folks hate me, they think I'm so boring compared to my other siblings!

I will often get tearful as well and as Briona said I sometimes get a bit needy and like to lean on my partner for support and cuddles etc.

Boogaloo wrote:

When I'm exhausted (which is most of the time due to my disability) I tend to just sit or lie still and state into space, as if my brain has shut down. I don't sleep very well though even if I am exhausted, so that's a real problem, I just kinda lie around and find it really hard to speak to anyone or listen to people talking, I can't take any of it in. No wonder my folks hate me, they think I'm so boring compared to my other siblings!

I will often get tearful as well and as Briona said I sometimes get a bit needy and like to lean on my partner for support and cuddles etc.

Love ya girl! Head up! please let us know about your docs appt! (Which i am assuming you ARE going to make!)

B87 this is a great thread btw i actually love knowing im not alone in some of the things i do and feel. I snap so much when im tired.

If I'm not getting enough sleep I get headaches, at worst I'll get a vile migraine that can wipe me out for a couple of days.

Just get super irritable or very giddy. Sometimes a combo of both but that is always a bit weird.

It's great knowing I'm not crazy or something, I start feeling like it's not normal to feel like that when exhausted, clearly it is. :-) xx

I work shifts so body learnt to adapt fortunetly only need 5 hrs sleep and im functional.... natural night owl so even up early bed v late... catch up with sleep with lie in morning on late shidt if needed... but generally not an issue.......... but I get really grumpy if I haven't had sex for 3/4days maybe thats my release

I experienced exhaustion last summer.
After several stressful months, my body just gave up.
I would fall asleep at any moment when not doing something. It was leading to complications in every facet of my life. Before too long I was off work with it, and became a regular fixture in my GP surgery. I am still physically feeling the after effects of letting myself get like that, and sadly still taking drugs to help me switch off.
So to answer the question, exhaustion will break you.