What is best for spanking

What is the best thing to use for spanking. We have got a cane, a paddle and a flogger. Is a riding crop any good or different to the others or is there anything else people suggest?

Silicone crop butterfly is good.got great sting to it

Iv been tempted for a while. Is it a different sensation to other options, a cane is good but is only used on special occasions because of the pain and marks it leaves

A riding crop usually in degrees of severeness in your case will slot inbetween your paddle and your cane. Floggers I don't personally rate for spanking , they are better for skin sensory .

Like the cane it must be treated with respect and all the action should be in the wrist and not the arm .

The one Mrs H has recommended above is a good beginners crop with it being shorter in length. If you are looking for more "hitty" power , then choose any of the full length leather tipped versions. Most are much of a muchness when it comes to the reviews and generally all very good. If your OH is OK being caned then in theory she should be fine with a riding crop.

Crops are my favourite and very different to a paddle or flogger. If you're looking for something along the lines of a cane but a bit less harsh, I'd say a crop would be your best best

This sounds perfect, the cane is to harsh for using regular but something that will have a good sting to it will be perfect. I was looking for something between a paddle and cane and this might be it.

I have the Bondage Boutique Wide Leather Spanking crop and it's great - it's become my favourite spanky thing :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15824

It hurts more than a paddle, but isn't absolutely unbearable either and so far hasn't left any long lasting marks on me. I also have the silicone butterfly crop which is good if you like to spank your partner during sex, as the handle is shorter, but it doesn't hurt quite as much. Personally I'm not a big fan of flogging, it doesn't seem to create any pain at all, but is great for sensory play.

I personally love crops and paddles for spanking. I recently got this one to test and I can highly recommend it as it is a perfect combination of a crop and a paddle, and feels amazing:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33297

I do love floggers too, and love a long flogging session. Mr Scorpius starts with a lighter flogger to warm up my skin and then increases to the more heavy flogger we have, it really feels floaty, relaxing and intense all at the same time :) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

I personally love crops and paddles for spanking. I recently got this one to test and I can highly recommend it as it is a perfect combination of a crop and a paddle, and feels amazing:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33297

I do love floggers too, and love a long flogging session. Mr Scorpius starts with a lighter flogger to warm up my skin and then increases to the more heavy flogger we have, it really feels floaty, relaxing and intense all at the same time :) xx

Not seen that one before. That does look like a real stinger

I managed to get a few feet of 2" enginering belting, the belting was used to power the shafting that crossed the victorian factory floors and power machines. I wasn't all that old as it's a 50-50 leather and a type of plastic to give it some stiffness, a length of about 15" - 350mm feels about right.

Not as heavy as a paddle but faster and lighter, the leather side is like suade and feels diferent to the plastic side, when on the receiving end.

Enjoy.

I think this one would be perfect. And I think I can even get it with my ooh points. My OH loves a good spanking and i think this will have the desired effect

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32965&reviewid=114166#customer_reviews

My favourite paddle :3

Why do rate this paddle so highly? We have got a few paddles but not this one. Is it worth getting?

This is my favourite. Love the fact that the leather sides gives a really good spanking with a lovely sting and leaves a great red, glowing bum - but the suede feels fantastic when dragged across the skin, especially over that glowing red bum ! 2 paddles for the price of one really :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15736&reviewid=115090#customer_reviews

I'm not that experienced with spanking (oh is just learning) haven't tried a leather crop yet, it's on my list lol. I have tried the bondage boutique butterfly crop and the sting from this is amazing! Its great price as well!

A very sexy butt.

Have you tried using a wooden spoon? hehe

if an object looks like it can be used for spanking, it gets used for spanking were I live it's a house rule.

I prefer paddles to canes, have tried a riding crop but didnt think much of it.
When it comes to spanking paddles, different materials and sizes creates different sensations.
The smaller the paddle, the sharper the sting and paddles with holes in also help with increasing sting than ones with no air holes.
when it comes to the sharpest sting in paddle materials:
1. Solid wood or metal create the most intense.
2. Silicone or rubber.
3. Leather or faux leather
4. Paddles with fur linings are the most gentlest.
Hope this helps.

Dildo baggins wrote:

Why do rate this paddle so highly? We have got a few paddles but not this one. Is it worth getting?

I posted my review on it earlier in the thread. It's firm yet flexible. It sort of wraps round your button for a bigger spanking space? If you get what I mean?