What music are you listening to right now?

First World Problems…Ian Brown

1 Like

Hard Times…The Human League

Fab fab toon…2 words repeated over and over but damn was ace when played in Sheffields night clubs back in the day.

Fiesta
Josephines
Cairo Jax
Limit
Roxy
Romeo & Juliets to name a few.

1 Like

Smalltown Boy…Bronski Beat

1 Like

I’ll name them all : R&J’s at 16 yrs old on a Thursday night and don’t forget the Leadmill and I turned up at Turn Ups
I think Human League were still at school Jilted John and ABC where at my school and R&Js were playing MJ’s Living off the wall, don’t stop till you get enough
:heart:

1 Like

New England : Kirsty McColl

I saw four shooting stars tonight
I wished on them
'cos they weren’t even satellites
I don’t give a damn about space hardware
With these four wishes
I submit my prayer

2 Likes

Saw some damn good live bands at the Leadmill too…including the Utah Saints fab night…used to go on indie nights…punk nights…alternative nights. Used to be queueing right up the road and round the corner in all weathers…always got in.

Happy House…Siouxsie & The Banshees

3 Likes

Oooh Banshees, saw them, amongst others , at the Top Rank but The Limit with its low roof was so LOUD with live bands

Oh, and Jive Bunny at Meadowhall Shopping Centre :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Currently listening to a 90’s club mix by the late Torsten fenslau

Xxplosive : Dre

This sh-t"s the Bomb

Tangerine Dream - out-takes from Phaedra.

1 Like

Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives. I inadvertently turned on BBC 4 showing TOTP 1993. :rofl:

1 Like

@Serpentwand yyyyesss what a tune :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Tangerine Dream Oedipus Tyrannus.

Currently playing on Spotify is ‘dance with me’ by 2 brothers on the 4th floor
@Serpentwand really must try tangerine dream again but they just seem to be one of those marmite bands to me.

1 Like

Music is like that @pootle, it’s more a journey to discover what you find rewarding rather than what anyone else does.

Absolutely @Serpentwand,my musical tastes have for many years covered many genre’s,there are some (quite big) artists that no matter how many times i listen i just can’t get into them and I sometimes feel I’m missing something!

1 Like

I can’t get into Foo Fighters, love loads of different genres, but rock and prog are my favourites, but try as i might Foo Fighters and also Led Zep just don’t do it for me. Don’t mind Kashmir, Immigrant Song and All Of My Love but thr rest, nah!

1 Like

Love To Love - UFO

1 Like

Ever noticed Desert Song by MSG has a very similar riff?

2 Likes

Yes! And I like MSG too…I’ll have to give them a listen soon

2 Likes