What’s my sex orientation

I have been doing anal edited by mod Using toys and things. Slept with a few men but wasn’t attracted to them just their junk. Now I enjoy some good strap on play what category do I fall into? Please ask questions help me solve this confusion?

2 Likes

Sometimes… Most of the times we don’t all fit in nice little boxes. You do you.

8 Likes

Your enjoyment of anal play has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. Butts have nerve endings that can feel good if you stimulate them, particular those with a prostate in them. Doesn’t mean anything more than that.

In terms of having sex with men without any romantic attraction, possibly bi-sexual, hetero-romantic? Or heteroflexible? Or a guy that occasionally likes getting some dick?

7 Likes

Seems like there is an orientation for everyone nowadays just thought I might have one lol

1 Like

Definitely like a good dick here and there. I get the prostate thing for sure. But my fascination with sucking a cock throws me off.

1 Like

Then I’d say bisexual, or pansexual or heteroflexible. Whatever feels right for you. There’s no wrong answer here as such. And a one word tick box answer can only take you so far anyway; sexuality if far more complex than that and an initial label will only be a starting point anyway

8 Likes

I agree, no need for a label. However if you want one :upside_down_face: how about “Hetero romantic bisexual”?

5 Likes

Your sex orientation is “you”.

5 Likes

I would identify as heterosexual male but enjoy all aspects of anal play including pegging. I don’t feel that enjoyment of anal sex alters my sexual identity at all.

5 Likes

Like others have said, everyone is different. I think that there is a range of different sexualities and we can fall anywhere on that spectrum. For some people they find it relatively easy to assign themselves a label for example heterosexual people who only find themselves attracted to people of the opposite sex but lots of people fall somewhere between these labels. Maybe giving yourself a label might not be helpful to you? Just be you.

But, saying that, I find it helpful to have a group of people who I can identify with, I would label myself as bisexual and I’m quite passionate about it. This is despite having never been with a woman. I’ve only had one partner who I’m now married to, he just happened to be male. I’m not even too sure if that’s the right label for me but it works for me. I don’t really separate people into male or female and I’m attracted to character rather than looks. I can appreciate that a person is attractive but wouldn’t be attracted to them myself unless they had a character that I found attractive. For example, most people seem to fancy a particular actor in a movie whereas I fancy the character in the movie and, if I see them in an interview or just a picture on the Internet, I feel absolutely nothing. Maybe that’s normal I don’t know!

Like @Mrs.John said, hetero romantic bisexual sounds like it might fit your description. @Calie suggested some good ones too, look them all up and see if any of them resonate with you but don’t feel like you should label yourself if you don’t want to.

I’m not exactly an expert on this, I’m sure other people will have some better suggestions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I dont go ticking in the boxes that’s why on a dating app I have put straight pansexual. I am Me

3 Likes

Sexuality is fluid. I’ve gone from straight to gay to bi to gay to bi to pansexual. We are not defined by our kinks and fantasies when it comes to sexuality. You can be straight and suck a dick if your partner uses a strap or is a trans woman. You can be gay and like vagina if you have a partner who’s a trans male. You could fall for somebody nonbinary and what’s in their pants doesn’t matter. Some people find comfort in labels, some people find discomfort in looking too hard for labels.

6 Likes

I see a lot of arguments against labels here and while I agree to an extent, I also want to point out that they can be very important, for minorities especially. Being able to say “this sounds like me and there is a word for it” can be very reassuring, it can help you find others with similar experiences and feel less alone, as well as bring about better self understanding and acceptance.

@Likethewayitfeels, I’d say the best thing you can do is look into various sexual identities and see what feels true to you. There’s no right or wrong answer and your identity may change over time but it never hurts to find out more about other’s experiences.

7 Likes

I feel acceptance I just have never known where I fall on the list especially after my first homosexual experience. I realized I didn’t feel the attraction to a man when I didn’t want to kiss his mouth just his penis and to be used by him lol. I really appreciate all the insight everyone is offering. I’m just glad I found a person in my life that accepts my feelings and entertains my need to be pegged.

3 Likes

I have to confess that I get a bit frustrated when people say things like “oh you don’t need a label hun you just do you”. As well intentioned as I am sure that sentiment is, it’s a form of erasure and it ignores how important words and labels are. Words help us to make sense of ourselves and the world around us and as @Queerantine has pointed out they help us to find somewhere to belong, especially if who we are exists outside the majority.

Finding a label that feels right doesn’t need to be a stressful experience and it’s important to remember that it is okay to be unsure of the right one. But my advice to @Likethewayitfeels is to basically f*ck around and find out. There’s been some great suggestions already and it’s okay to try one and see how it feels and if that’s not right try others until you settle on one that feels comfy.

3 Likes

@Likethewayitfeels Your describing me exactly, I slept with men in my teens but it was never about attraction but the sex, have only ever been attracted to women, Always liked anal play and still do. My wife has a strap-on for our pegging play.
I came out to my FBF as bisexual a couple of years ago which she was great with but couldn’t understand how I could, and still would sleep with men without any physical attraction or why as bisexual I was never interested in a relationship with a man. Just out of interest we looked in to bisexuality and discovered hetroromantic bisexuality. Basically someone who’s only interested in the opposite sex romantically but interested in both sexually.
Now I know labels can be frowned upon but for me saying I’m a hetroromantic bisexual answers a lot of questions and closes a few open doors. X

6 Likes

@Likethewayitfeels maybe check out the kinsey scale. It should be taken with a grain of salt but it’s not without merit. It’s definitely possible to be largely heterosexual with some bisexual inclinations.

There’s a common misconception that to be bisexual you should have equal attraction to the same and opposite sex, but this isn’t true. You can be bi if you mostly like the opposite sex but sometimes enjoy homosexual sex. It sounds like you have some level of bi sexuality but you don’t have to identify as bi if you dont want to. In the end, it’s all about what feels true to you.

2 Likes

Sexual orientation and romantic orientation aren’t always necessarily the same. It’s perfectly valid to be sexually attracted to men but not romantically attracted to them.

4 Likes

Anal play has nothing to do with you sexual orientation.
I would identify myself as Hetrosexual, but sexually I would call myself bi-curious because I wouldn’t mind having sex with a male during a MMF treesome.

2 Likes

I have nothing to add just it’s interesting reading all of your views.

We don’t personally NEED to label ourselves but in society, sadly we are expected to be ‘labelled’ and fall within certain categories :roll_eyes:

2 Likes