When did you start playing with sex toys?

About 12 years ago. My first lot of toys was a sex of tracy cox glass dildos. And I still have them.

I bought my first toy as soon as I was old enough, 24 years ago. It was a red classic vibrator and I loved it so much that I have been crazy about sex toys ever since.

MsR wrote:

So what the awkward ones have you collected over the years?: 4Uonly

My first toy, 20 years ago, was ordered from the back of a magazine and it was very clinical looking but very effective. I'd buy one again if they updated the look because it was designed to hit women's pleasure spots rather than trying to replicate men's.

Otherwise, I've got a couple of rabbits / gspot-clitoral stimulators which just don't quite fit my physique. I end up using both hands to try to twist them about, squirming around, getting frustrated and forgetting to have fun! Nothing wrong with those toys, they just dont quite 'fit'. I won't be buying any more rabbits but I'm quite intrigued by the rabbit ears clit vibes...

No other embarrassing buys, but a few cheap and cheerful bullet vibes which just had no power and went in the bin...

I'd looked at a few of those back-of-mag toys myself but never took the plunge. Out of curiosity, was it any good?

I've worked my way up through Lovehoney's inventory over the years and found several that 'fit' me literally or just ring my bell. I started off with the cheap ones but they simply don't do it for me any more. No idea if it's the motor or frequency or what, but my clit has developed a fondness for rumbly vibes and refuses to bow to my old buzzy ones now.

Some of my old cheap ones are quite powerful in their own way and I often wonder if it was a mistake to work my way up the price range! I've had an awful lot of fun on the way, though!

We've never used toys between us. She has used jiggle balls and bullet vibes in the past. We are going to have a little spree on toys shortly including a plug, a vibe and also an ejaculating dildo with the creamy lube. The thought of another guy turns us on but seeing neither of us are 100% confortable, this is the next best thing.

Only in the last couple of years thanks to these forums and love honey. No confidence and lack of sex drive with a previous relationship. That has now ended and I now "have a play " A few times a week 😉 cant get enough now. I now own a good range of toys my favourite toy is a clit vibe. Cant get enough of coming that way. My new partner and I are into playing with toys makes for a much better sex life.

@VR: "I'd looked at a few of those back-of-mag toys myself but never took the plunge. Out of curiosity, was it any good?"

I don't know if I'm allowed to name other brands on here, but it was an Omax (I think we've had this discussion before?). They are still around if you google.

It was very clinical looking but I bought it to try to help with a gynae issue in my 20s, 20 years ago - I didn't want to use dilators, I wanted something that would connect that part of my body with pleasure...

It was really effective! Powerful orgasms, and I still think the design is great, just not the look.

I've worked my way up the Lovehoney stuff too - and now go for higher end rumbly toys rather than little buzzy ones... worth spending a bit more and looking after them. At first I thouht I was just buying for myself to kickstart my mojo after an early menopause, but the effect has been good enough to get my husband joining in, so I don't feel guilty about spending a bit more on good toys and lingerie. We hardly ever go out in the evening - disabled family member - but we have mind blowing nights in!

I think spending a bit more on toys and lingerie pays off in terms of quality. I need to increase my toy collection so any recommendations gratefully received. Mind blowing night's in sound intriguing msr

What have you already got, Bagpuss?

12 months ago lol

I've just remembered that when my OH and I first got together 17 years ago, we both chose something for the bedroom. He chose the tiniest black leather skirt (for me) and I chose a designer toy called a Mojo by Myla (also for me - ha!).

The toy wasn't very effective but it looked great - like a blue and green flying saucer. Probably a precurser to the sculptural toys we find commonplace now. The skirt still makes an occasional outing!

MsR wrote:

@VR: "I'd looked at a few of those back-of-mag toys myself but never took the plunge. Out of curiosity, was it any good?"

I don't know if I'm allowed to name other brands on here, but it was an Omax (I think we've had this discussion before?). They are still around if you google.

It was very clinical looking but I bought it to try to help with a gynae issue in my 20s, 20 years ago - I didn't want to use dilators, I wanted something that would connect that part of my body with pleasure...

It was really effective! Powerful orgasms, and I still think the design is great, just not the look.

I've worked my way up the Lovehoney stuff too - and now go for higher end rumbly toys rather than little buzzy ones... worth spending a bit more and looking after them. At first I thouht I was just buying for myself to kickstart my mojo after an early menopause, but the effect has been good enough to get my husband joining in, so I don't feel guilty about spending a bit more on good toys and lingerie. We hardly ever go out in the evening - disabled family member - but we have mind blowing nights in!

Aha! I remember now! Didn't it look like a bit like a Philips Lumea hair removal laser from certain angles? Wouldn't want to mix those two up ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

I'm glad it worked for you - I did nearly order that one a few times but my ex was the type that would have thrown it out if he'd found it. I wish I had now.

I don't go out much and know all about disability, but I also have great nights in (and some great nights on my own). Glad you got your mojo back.

I was on holiday in a little sea side town and popped into what I thought was a gift shop. It was only they had an isle at the bottom of the shop which sold all these fascinating toys, I was drawn the the clear rabbit with rotating balls. I achieved my first orgasm that night. I was 17 (my friend 18 purchased it)

I started about 2 years, in my forty's and OMG me time has never been so good, The only dirty thoughts are good ones very good ones with a little help from love honey.

I started about 2 years, in my forty's and OMG me time has never been so good, The only dirty thoughts are good ones very good ones with a little help from love honey.

I got my first vibrator and dildo when I was 18 but I knew what they were for some time as I had stumbled across my mums a few years before and asked about them. I have a super close relationship with my mum, we can talk about everything and as she had me at 17 she has given me many 'talks' over the years and sex education to give me the knowledge I assume to avoid getting pregnant at a young age. I had already been masturbating for some years when it came up in a discussion and I was feeling the need to do it daily. I got invited to a sex toy part with my friend and her sister and when I told my mum she said I should 'buy myself something'! I ended up with both a vibrator and dildo which I have been using enthusiastically since!

18 *cough*