When do you throw a toy out?

I'm someone who wants everything to be so badly worn out that I can't use it any more when I discard it. I've only thrown one toy out and that was because it was a single use toy. I have 2 toys that I want to wear out and will be quite satisfied when they're no longer usable but I won't bin them now because every once in a while, I suddenly have the desire to use that toy.

When do you throw toys out?

When they don't work or are impossible to use.Also,if I don't use that particular toy at all for a year ot two.

Nah don't bin it - recycle it in exchange for oh points

You just need a bigger toy box! problem solved ;)

When a toy is knackered out and/or the motor's give up that's when to get rid of them

I only throw out one use toys after they've had many uses. Everything else is either sent back if it's rubbish or stays forever. Our collection is very new though so nothing is surcoming to old age yet. We did throw a stroker away when we were newbies because we didn't clean it properly and let's just say...things got ugly. Quickly!

I'm the same, I feel like my collection has cost me that much money over the years that I'd be a crime to throw any out! I have one rabbit that has currently lost its whole rabbit attactment and is now basically just a standard dildo vibrator. But it still works, so its still staying. I will however recyle them for OH points once it fully stops working.

Cheap&Easy wrote:

When it grows mould...?

LOL

Never had to chuck anything out. We do have an awful purple dildo that's been relegated to occasionally hitting people with/holding the drawer open, but in terms of throwing things.... vibes will get recycled and almost everything else is glass or metal so won't technically age...

fairehlights wrote:

Never had to chuck anything out. We do have an awful purple dildo that's been relegated to occasionally hitting people with/holding the drawer open, but in terms of throwing things.... vibes will get recycled and almost everything else is glass or metal so won't technically age...

If anyone breaks into your place they are going to regret it!

I throw things away if they stop working and aren't under warranty or if I don't like them/don't use them and can't see myself using them in the future. I'm overdue a clearout, actually, I have a couple of things that I'm going to send to rabbit amnesty but I'll have to chuck out some dildos I don't use anymore as I don't think they accept non-vibrating things...how do you discreetly dispose of several silicone dicks?

When we break them generally :-)

I used to have a lot of clear outs because I'd buy some toys with questionable materials and as we know, that shit breaks and breaks down. Now almost everything I have aren't things i'd ever need to throw away. Lots of non-vibrating glass silicone and plastic. My lelo Mia's case broke so that's thrown in a drawer somewhere. The only Vibe I have that doesn't work is a funfactory tiger which I ran the charge out off then left too long for it to re-accept, but i've used that as a dildo because the shape rocks.

I don't seem to use my vibes enough to wear them out any time soon.

When i've not used a toy for over 2 years, or if I get a similar toy to one I have but more luxurious, then the cheaper one is recycled in exchange of Oh! points

So far when it breaks (or with the cock rings when I got a girlfriend!)

What do people do with lube as well? Some food says once opened, use within X time, does lube have that?

I'm one of those people that likes to keep things so I've only ever thrown one away and that's because I got water inside it and it started fizzing whenever it was turned on (Woops)...

I had a clear out when I changed partners. I didn't like the idea of using things I'd used on someone else so sent the old toys off to the Rabbit Amnesty for OH points. Now I've started my collection from scratch and due to the long-distance I've yet to use them on the man in my life. Looking forward to that though!!

I havent chucked anything out yet. ever..........

I haven't chucked anything out as of yet, although I'm tempted to get rid of my sqweel as it just doesn't do anything for me. I keep thinking oh well I'll use it 1/2/3/4 more times and I'll finally discover what it's all about, but nope just disappointment each time :-( I so wanted to like it as well!

I've only ever thrown one toy out. It was a really cheap Chinese-made masturbator that I got sent early on in my days of reviewing.

It stank of chemicals, it was uncomfortable to use, and it started tearing inside almost immediately. The bin was the best place for it.

I hang onto everything else, even single-use Tenga toys, because so long as they still have life in them I might as well keep them around.