When do you throw a toy out?

Naughty Miss K wrote:

What do people do with lube as well? Some food says once opened, use within X time, does lube have that?

Six month. Believe me, its true, I learnt it the hard way (got a nasty UTI and had to take antibiotics).

flaneur wrote:

When do you throw toys out?

So far I had to chuck my favourite dildo when it started to decompose because I used it with a silicone lube. After the silicone-glycerin lube gave my two UTI's that had to be treated with antibiotics I looked into the subject and learnt about lube, silicone, high-grade and premium silicone and such.

Which made me throw out my sil-a-gel butt plugs, a dildo and a jelly rabbit. Since then I only bought deluxe silicone vibes, glas wands and Sliquid lube. And I got rid of a boring clit vibe that was bodysafe (FunFactory) but battery operated. I wasn't on LH then or I would have sent them in in exchange for OH points.

Now the only things I have here that sits unloved are the Cone and a We-Vibe2. The Cone loud and heavy and eats batteries but I can't make myself throw it away yet, as it is perfectly functioning and high-grade silicone. As for the We-Vibe2, this thing just makes me angry when I look at it, because it is such a major failure. I might end up sending it in for the Rabbit Amnesty.

Poppea wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

What do people do with lube as well? Some food says once opened, use within X time, does lube have that?

Six month. Believe me, its true, I learnt it the hard way (got a nasty UTI and had to take antibiotics).

Oh no that's like ALL OF MY LUBE! D:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Poppea wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Nah our old lube was fine and had that almost a year until I realised it had nasties in it and stopped using it

Young and fun95 wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Poppea wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Nah our old lube was fine and had that almost a year until I realised it had nasties in it and stopped using it

I agree. We didn't used to use lube much and had a bottle that lasted a few years and never had any problems with it. Like all cosmetics, it has to say on the bottle if there's a time period in which you should throw it out (the little container symbol that says like 12 or 24, meaning months). The Lovehoney flavoured lube I have says 12 on it, which means that if you don't open it it lasts, but if you do open it use it within 12 months. I have 2 Durex Play lubes (the one we had for years was Durex Play too) that don't have any expiry date or symbol on, so I guess they're good until they're gone.

So, check the bottle. If it doesn't say anything then its fine! Its probably to do with a combination of the ingrediants and the opening type (bacteria can get into certain lids easier than others)

I guess I asked for it. I've just had to chuck a fleshlight Sukit Draft out after having it for a year and a half. I used it constantly in its early days, but since I turned to Utensil Race stuff, I've found that it was too tight for my own good and used it less.

When cleaning it, I found some mold in the middle of the sleeve, maybe I didn't do a good enough job of trying it.

I now have an empty SIAC case.

Only things I've binned is a bottle of that Durex cherry flavoured lube, even the sight of reminded me of it's taste/smell and I wanted to be sick.

I have two of the same vibrator but I figured it's always good to have a spare.....

All these mould/nasties comments has made me want to go give all my items an extremely thorough check over!! *shivers*

I've never had a mouldy toy before but I have said goodbye to a dildo or two after gouging great big holes in them with my nails. I'm glad I don't have to grab hold of the hubby's penis to push me over the edge!

I've also squirted a few battery toys to death so they went the journey, though I did keep my G-spot smoothie until I got a replacement as the shape worked independently from the vibes.

LibraLover wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Poppea wrote:

Naughty Miss K wrote:

I agree. We didn't used to use lube much and had a bottle that lasted a few years and never had any problems with it. Like all cosmetics, it has to say on the bottle if there's a time period in which you should throw it out (the little container symbol that says like 12 or 24, meaning months). The Lovehoney flavoured lube I have says 12 on it, which means that if you don't open it it lasts, but if you do open it use it within 12 months. I have 2 Durex Play lubes (the one we had for years was Durex Play too) that don't have any expiry date or symbol on, so I guess they're good until they're gone.

So, check the bottle. If it doesn't say anything then its fine! Its probably to do with a combination of the ingrediants and the opening type (bacteria can get into certain lids easier than others)

From the Sliquid website:

Sliquid Answers...

Our products have lot codes on the bottom to tell when the product was manufactured. Our products have a shelf life of 3 years from manufacture date, and a typical 6 month life span once opened.Sliquid, LLC

I threw out all my jelly toys once I did some research on them, and one vibrator when it stopped working. Apart from that, I hold on to them for dear life!