When does a toy become "Extra Girthy"?

Morning all!

I'm taking a good look at all our dildos and vibrators, and am wondering at what point a toy becomes "Extra Girthy".

I'm sat with my tape measure, a variety of toys and realise that this is NOT an easy task!

So... what are your thoughts?

6 inches in circumference? 6.5? 7? What do you think would be a reasonable point at which to say "Yep, this one has extra girth above what might be expected of a dildo"?

All thoughts welcomed!

NHS says... The average girth for an erect penis is 12-13cm (4.7-5.1 inches).

So I'm thinking 6 inches would be a fair marker. But when I open my tape measure to that it looks not unreasonable, but when there's a 6-inch girth toy in front of me it suddenly looks a lot bigger!

I'd say about 7inches would be Extra Girthy to me personally Alice. :)

7 sounds good for extra girthy, 6 would just be standard girthy while 10 would be 'no chance that is getting in there' girthy!

Hi Alice,

I was intrigued by this and have gotten my tape measure out also. 6 inches does not seem very big to me when just looking at the tape measure, but measuring some of my larger dildos, they are all around 5 inches. I wouldn't say that 6 inches would be much more of a difference, but certainly 7 inches would warrant a title of "Extra Girthy" in my opinion.

I imagine everyone will have different opinions of this as it just depends what you are used to. But averagely, most of my toys are around the 5 inches mark.

Best of luck in your research.

truegrace wrote:

7 sounds good for extra girthy, 6 would just be standard girthy while 10 would be 'no chance that is getting in there' girthy!

Ha! This made me chuckle :) I agree though. 6 for girthy and 7 for extra girthy.

I'd agree that 7 would certainly be extra girthy, but I guess it depends what your used to. That size would take a great deal of warming up for me! Lol :)

irrespective of the answer as to what is extra girthy, is it just me that has to get a calculator/online to find out what xyz circumference translates to in diameter? have to say its a pet frustration that not all the toys have the diameter listed......

Heatseekher wrote:

irrespective of the answer as to what is extra girthy, is it just me that has to get a calculator/online to find out what xyz circumference translates to in diameter? have to say its a pet frustration that not all the toys have the diameter listed......

Just divide by pi. If you want to do it in your head...multiply by seven and divide by 22 would be close enough... Actually dividing by 3 is prob good enough.

anything above 5.5" i would consider extra girthy and wouldn't go for it

Heatseekher wrote:

You can use our handy dildo calculator (on this guide, scroll down a bit)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/buyers-guide/strap-on-harnesses-compatible-dildos-and-o-rings/

I think it depends on the individual. I would say 5.5-6.5 would be considered girthy, and 7+ to be considered extra girthy.

I'd agree with SophieM on this one.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

I'm sat with my tape measure, a variety of toys and realise that this is NOT an easy task!

Would have been easier with some proper tool ;)

http://tinyurl.com/q7m236m

repliquant wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Would have been easier with some proper tool ;)

http://tinyurl.com/q7m236m

We have some of those as well! :-)

I would say 7 inchs and over to be extra girthy,

SophieM wrote:

I think it depends on the individual. I would say 5.5-6.5 would be considered girthy, and 7+ to be considered extra girthy.

I think I agree with you Sophie 5.5-6.5 would be girthy to me and anything bigger would be extra girthy

As a husband who likes to understand the MRS, I appreciate this thread and everyone's thoughts.

I think before you go wasting superlatives you need to decide what describes something even larger - where do you go from extra? It's important to put it in perspective ;)

I have always thought of 6 inches and above as being that extra girthy. I would say 6 inches and above would classify that mark for me.