Where do you store your secrets?

Being a Mum to two, I have very little privacy, so much so that this week saw us having to fit a lock onto our bedroom door (yep my poor kid walked in on something they shouldn’t have)…

Anyhow, my ‘toys’ once lived in the wardrobe and didn’t see light of day for literally years … I just wasn’t interested.

Recently though I’ve been extremely interested in anything and everything and not only have I dusted off my toys but I’ve invested in further additions.

I went shopping today and spotted a large but cute leather pink box which can slip down the side of my bed. I decided it’d be perfect to store my goodies in for quick and easy access.

It’s no use leaving things in a bag at the back of your wardrobe, they get forgotten and I’ve realised we cannot forget these things, it’s doing ourselves an injustice as we just don’t show ourselves any love.

I think the phrase “get some and you’ll just want more” springs to mind as I just cannot get enough at the moment. It’s not really even a mental thing, it’s purely something that I’ve been using that has literally changed my life this month and as a result I’m like a rabbit… from once maybe every 2-4 months if my husband was lucky to three times in a day today and at least once everyday for the past week… Benwa are my new found love and I don’t think I’ll ever look back!

Anyhow storage - where do you all keep your bits and bobs? I’d love a lockable trunk for our bedroom but a box will suffice for now.

4 Likes

When I use to live with my parents I had a antique wooden blanket chest that was lockable and had a key. This allow me to store a lot of toys that I could lock away. However when I moved in with my husband I just used a chest of draws for easy access. Each toy is individually stored in silk bags to stop damage happening and to keep them clean.

1 Like

We have ikea bedside draws and our toys collections fills a whole draw. Then the wife has a box under the bed full of her lingerie

1 Like

I’m 18 and I live with my parents but keep my toys in my wardrobe, I’m in my room most of the time and I trust that they respect my privacy so I’m not really bothered with trying to hide them too much.

I’m lucky to have sex-positive parents, it means I’m not embarrassed talking about sex with my mum, we never have kids in the house or anything so to be honest I’m not bothered if anyone discovers my collection- I’m more likely to enthusiastically show it off :joy:

When I move out and (hopefully someday) live on my own I reckon I’ll be the kind of person who puts dildos on the mantlepiece, I’m not especially private about my sexuality

11 Likes

In the bottom drawer of our bedside cabinet but it’s starting to overflow now.

1 Like

In bags under my bed. Need to invest in something nicer than bags for life :joy: but they do the job. Every toy has its own individual cover mind, so they’re not all loose in there.

3 Likes

I think our toys have lived in every part of the bedroom at one point. At the minute they are in two boxes at the bottom of the wardrobe, but I agree with you @ThirtySomethingWife, having them in the cupboard ends up with them not being used to their full capacity! I think we need to win the lottery and have a dungeon, would make it much easier… :joy:

1 Like

I’ll link to a previous message, rather than re-type it. :slightly_smiling_face:

(and you can click on the header to expand the quote :+1:)

2 Likes

Both mine and hubby’s bottom drawers for regular use toys, lingerie in underwear drawers, dress up in a wooden storage box beneath bedding and very extreme and kinky items in a high up drawer in a tall chest of drawers.

1 Like

All my toys love in a rather large holdall in the bottom of my wardrobe. They used to be kept on a top shelf in my wardrobe til a stray glass buttplug fell out and nearly concussed me :joy:

I also have a “sexy lingerie” drawer but it’s beginning to overflow…

1 Like

Under the bed in boxes for toys and bondage, chest of drawers for lingerie and the bedside table for the toys of the moment! Though I definitely need a better solution -

I think @Scottishcouple468’s plan for the dungeon sounds smart :joy:

1 Like

Oh I’d love a red room

2 Likes

We have a end of bed chest which, with a little but of effort installed a false bottom :slight_smile: . Our children are in and out of everything so it’s a life saver.

We also have an over the door mirror that’s locked so we have a home for some essentials before bed

2 Likes

Either old school castle dungeon with everything hanging on the wall, or a leather room style, again with everything hanging on the wall. And definitely needs to be hidden behind a bookcase, or what’s the point!

3 Likes

Absolutely!! And if the bookcase is hiding a spiral staircase with the dungeon at the end then even better :joy:

3 Likes

My pink box is sounding a bit boring now

Hahaa I have an ottoman style bed, it has a gas assisted piston so you pull a little tab I flip under the mattress when I have guests and then when I want something just pull the tab, bed lifts up and it’s all laid bare like I’m raising Dracula out his coffin :rofl:

2 Likes

With the rate I’m going I’m going to need a bigger box lol

1 Like

All the goodies are in one of the pullout draws in the base of the bed. Easy Access !!! :grin:

1 Like

This is what I mean I want super easy access so it encourages me to use them more often.

1 Like