Which wand?

Hi folks, hope you're all having a good week.

I read a lot on here and know there's a lot of posts about wands but don't think I've seen quite this question so hope you don't mind another one.

I think we're getting a wand in the next week or two but the number of types available appears to have really grown recently. Most posts I've seen seem to show the clear favourite being the Lovohoney ones (go LH! we love you!) but I wondered if that's the case still or whether there's any that stand out as particularly better.

Also is the vote still for mains powered or have some of the rechargable ones managed to catch up?

thanks

My recommendation would be the Doxy. I do love my LH wand, but the Doxy just outshines it in the depth of vibrations for me. It's got a softer head, which I personally prefer. Mains powered is definitely the way to go if you want a wand which packs a punch and that is also good for deep tissue massage etc. Plus there's the option to add various attachments, which the smaller rechargeable ones often won't accept.

Whilst the LH Deluxe did us well, now we've tried the Doxy, we are complete converts. The padded head is softer, which means the vibrations on the highest settings don't feel as abrasive. It also has the 'pulse' setting which offers something a bit different as well.

I only have the Lovehoney Deluxe Mains Powered Magic Wand Vibrator, so I'm unable to give much of a comparison for you. However, I think this wand is the best thing since sliced bread and I'd highly recommend it!

I'm not a huge power queen, so I suspect that the Doxy would be too much for me as it's a lot more powerful, but if that's what you're after perhaps the Doxy is the way to go. The LH wand is very powerful and I personally can't use it on the highest setting, although battery operated or rechargeable wands won't be as powerful.

I've heard good things about the Lelo rechargeable wand, which is also waterproof (bonus!), so it could be worth checking that one out too. It looks a lot softer than the other wands, and very glamorous. The LH wands are great but sometimes hard to clean, as they're not waterproof and have a ridged head. The advantage of having a LH wand though is that there is a vast range of compatible attachments for it.

Here's the list of attachments and wands they fit:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2011/11/29/magic-wand-vibrator-attachments-fitting-guide/

Most attachments fit a 7.5 inch circumference head, which I think both the LH and Doxy wand have.

And here's my LH magic wand review if you're interested:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464&reviewid=110560#customer_reviews

Third for the Doxy!

I've not tried the Doxy but the LH one does me great. I struggle to get off without the most powerful of vibrations and this wand is the only one that has ever done it. So I suppose it's all down to your own sensitivity.

Again I've not tried the doxy but I do love my lovehoney mains wand!

I would highly recommend the Lovehoney mains powered wand too. I have tried the DOXY - but for me personally it was just way too powerful (shock horror - lol). I also found it a lot noisier than the LH deluxe. I agree about the soft head on the DOXY though - maybe LH will bring out an new wand at some point with a squishy head - that would be very cool :) xx

Doxy - now my wifes favourite toy, cant get her to leave it alone, not that I want to.

I love the Lelo Smart Wand, I used to have the Bodywand but the Lelo is so much better in every way - it's quieter, it feels nicer as it's silicone, it's cordless, it's more powerful, it's submergible and it looks much nicer :) 10/10

The 50 Shades wand should also be considered. Rechargeable, softer head, not too noisy, waterproof, very ergonomic.

ooh now I'm not sure! knowing the mrs a softer head from the doxy would be good, but the power isn't required and may be too much. eek! I'll have a look. Cheers guys, you are all again bloody ace and helpful :-)

Lelo Large for a rechargable and for style and design, Lovehoney Delux for better price and more power...

doxy all the way

We have the LH mains powered wand which is great, but for sheer convenience (it's battery operated and waterproof) and price I'd recommend this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16908

It's easily my wife's most used and preferred toy.

Foxxy wrote:

My recommendation would be the Doxy. I do love my LH wand, but the Doxy just outshines it in the depth of vibrations for me. It's got a softer head, which I personally prefer. Mains powered is definitely the way to go if you want a wand which packs a punch and that is also good for deep tissue massage etc. Plus there's the option to add various attachments, which the smaller rechargeable ones often won't accept.

This is going to make me buy the doxy. I bougbt the deluxe LH box set. Hoping my wife would enjoy it. Its been a real revalation , but i always felt the doxy was another level.

I am toying with the idea ( pun not intended) of buying the LH Magic Wand couples set . Its currently been reduced in price( £80.00) and the reviews have been very good indeed.I have been looking for something as a couple that we can enjoy together. This may fit the bill .

mysteron wrote:

I am toying with the idea ( pun not intended) of buying the LH Magic Wand couples set . Its currently been reduced in price( £80.00) and the reviews have been very good indeed.I have been looking for something as a couple that we can enjoy together. This may fit the bill .

I'd say go for it! I have just the wand and the hummer attachment - they're both fantastic and we both get off when using them together. Throw in the toy case and G-spot attachment and you're on your way to maximum pleasure! Seems good value too :)

Thanks for your recommendation Boogaloo. For me that means more than those reviews already read .![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I have the LH deluxe mains powered and I honestly don't see how you could want anything else from a wand.