Who's cooking what tonight?

Spinach and Ricotta pasta

5 Likes

Food waste Steak and Chips
if the supermarkets didn’t throw this stuff away, I could never afford it

6 Likes

Just made shepherds pie for tea while I am waiting for my girls to tidy up so I put the desk together no rush then lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Got some langoustines from the fishmongers this morning, probably going to make the simple spaghetti dish that was suggested a whior back, with white wine, garlic and tomatoes. Also got skate, probably for tomorrow, so any ideas for that would be welcome.

5 Likes

Im on strike! Indian takeaway it is!

6 Likes

A nice vindaloo @Mrs.John :yum:

2 Likes

@Knight1119 I fancy a vegetable biryani or lamb pasanda (please excuse the spelling)

1 Like

Definitely a take away evening :poultry_leg::beer::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I made chilli :yum:

6 Likes

Cornflakes
It’s late and someone made me snacky :slight_smile:
@wildflower

3 Likes

Oops! :flushed:

2 Likes

That will be me a lamb Sunday roast for my group

2 Likes

Tonight it’s slow roast Pork Belly on the Big Green Egg :yum:

3 Likes

Enjoy it @RuggerBugger

OH and teens roasted a chicken, with yorkshire puds, gravy, cauliflower cheese, peas and carrots.
Love it when they cook at the weekend :+1: :star_struck:

4 Likes

@RuggerBugger I love slow roast pork - but what is a big green egg? Genuinely baffled…

1 Like

I had to Google too, looks to be a BBQ/grill. Bet the pork was amazing

As for me, I had skate with a brown butter and caper sauce, lunch was going to be crab and sweetcorn soup but I didn’t get sweetcorn and my sister wasn’t able to pick any up for me in time for lunch so that will be tomorrow now, I made broccoli and Stilton soup instead.

3 Likes

Big Green Egg is fantastic bit of kit - essentially it is a big ceramic egg shaped BBQ/smoker…great for slow cooking over charcoal and very controllable in terms of temperature.

Did the Christmas turkey on it again this year (3rd year now) and it cooks the most succulent bird :wink: you’ll ever taste - 6kg bird in just over 2 hrs.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome!

1 Like

I need a big green egg.
And some sunshine.
Oh - I’ll add a patio and a hot tub to that wish list!

3 Likes