Who's cooking what tonight?

Can not be arsed so chippy tea tonight

2 Likes

Black Truffle Tortellini
Artisan made in London and available at the real expensive pasta stall on Broadway Market if anyone knows it
OR…
Free from my local food waste project!

8 Likes

Making quesadillas and wedges tonight. Smells delicious!

3 Likes

Plantain curry
Sweet!

I see you typing @MsR - that must be one long recipe! I gotta go cook - catch ya later

1 Like

Chicken casserole with Victoria sponge for dessert.

4 Likes

Been craving their beef and truffle ravioli ever since I saw you post this. Very tempted to put an order in as I see they’re delivering!

I still haven’t decided what to have for dinner tonight… I usually love cooking but this week I just wish I had someone else around to cook for me! A takeaway may well be on the cards…

Sounds delicious!

I only seem to post on this thread when we are getting a takeaway - same is true tonight!
BUT - the plan was a roast chicken stuffed with garlic, lemon and basil, with roast potatoes and carrots, gravy and Yorkshire puddings.

Except that our Tesco ‘anytime between 2-10pm’ delivery has not arrived, or mentioned when they might - so I will do all that tomorrow and we’ll be having an Indian tonight :+1:

@Melody1 you often mention your food bank / local food waste. I think it is great that people volunteer to do this - I can imagine some of the stories you must hear. I can’t volunteer but I do donate to our local foodbank - I’m sure lots of us do.

What I think is terrible is that such a system is needed in the UK or any wealthy country.
Sorry if this comment is too political, but I do think politicians leave it all to charities when it should be their job to create the best for their citizens.

4 Likes

Sorry - no! Not a great cook, but you can see what I was writing…

The Truffle pasta was pretty scrummy - not something I’ve had before
Baked it in cheese and leek sauce with roasted beetroot on the side
@MsR / @SexInTheCity

@MsR - only teasing - you write some lovely things

3 Likes

I’m not keen on that truffle flavour which seems to be creeping about, turning familiar flavours into something else, but you would be welcome here anytime you feel like cooking pasta in cheese and leek sauce - the roasted beetroot would be a bonus :star_struck:

1 Like

Cooking something simple today. Ramen noodles!

2 Likes

I’ve just had a can of pea and ham soup with a buttered crusty roll. What a chef :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Home-made steak pie.

8 Likes

Slowcooker sausage casserole. Was easy as I had an early start and a busy day.

6 Likes

Snap @Mrs.John done mine first thing and it’s in the slow cooker

2 Likes

Having a carby night for a change. Smoked haddock rissoto come at me :yum:

3 Likes

Hubby is just dishing out mushroom stew with dumplings :mushroom::yum: such a sweetheart :heart::kiss:

He has also made beef stew for himself and then jacket potatoes for the fussy little buggers!

8 Likes

Pepper, onions and chicken prepped, just about to start making Fajitas, Misses day off resting if you know what I mean!!:wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

Chicken curry, rice and naan. Simple but always lovely :yum:

8 Likes

Calzone - Tre Carni and fries.

6 Likes