Whovians.

Even if your not a whovian your still welcome. Two months to go soon for series 9 thoughts? I want less domestic stuff no awful Danny copies. Clara to stop being such a bitch sometimes to the Doctor. No need to say preordered loads of stuff.

Really looking forward to it! I just hope they stop making every bloody episode revolve around Clara...love the latest Doctor and want to see HIM, not his 'assistant'. He's brilliant, but they've barely let him shine with focusing on her. Last series it felt like they'd had their roles reversed.

Actually I just hope they pull Clara full stop. Seriously dislike her...

I'm glad the Danny story is apparently over. Disappointed we still have Clara, I felt her time was coming to an end. She had decent chemistry with Smith, but has none with Capaldi, especially now he's taken on a darker, retro Doctor style. She needs to learn now that he can't save everybody and accept the fact that he has hard decisions to make.

As you said, she needs to stop being a bitch about everything and stop whining. I've never forgiven her for ruining the Day of the Doctor specials so hope she doesn't ruin anymore episodes like that. I also want to stop going back to Earth to see how she's doing. I don't give a crap about her life on Earth, I care about how the Doctor's doing!

Some new enemies would be nice too. Someone who survives an entire series and comes back in later ones, like the Master USED to do before the reboot. Sick of them pulling old enemies out of their arse (Davros, The Master etc.(Although I quite liked the Jon Simm master. Indifferent to The Mistress version though)).

I also want them to drop the whole "Is the Doctor a good man?" crap. Was getting tedious.

/rant :P Anyway, those are my hopes. ^^

i suspect the doctor will be less abrasive this series .Looking forwards to the return of Osgood and Missy . I personally would love to see the Twelth Doctor meet the Eighth Doctor

the mechanic wrote:

i suspect the doctor will be less abrasive this series .Looking forwards to the return of Osgood and Missy . I personally would love to see the Twelth Doctor meet the Eighth Doctor

So would I grins naughtily.

I was so disappointed by the last series. I love Capaldi and think he's an incredible actor, so I was beyond excited when the series started but couldn't even stick with it til the end of the series... The writing was just so terrible. It's like they wanted to do a school drama, but were forced to include token sci-fi :S I still think that Capaldi is amazing, but even he can't carry a series that's actively trying to exclude him from the narrative. I still want his reign as the doctor to go well because he's brilliant, but not sure I can stand to see a series that I've previously loved get ruined - I'd rather believe it all ended with Tennant in some ways!

Bring back more weeping angels the best baddies xx oo 2 months excellent

I haven't seen the end of smith, or all of capaldi, though I saw the end of 8 and most of it. Really fed up of clara, haven't liked her at all since she's been it it, she's just so boring and annoying and the storylines are often rubbish. They could have done so much with 12s new series, his new style, but nope its the bloody Clara show, everything has to do with her and its just....meh, I wanted more adventure, more dark doctor. Generally Capaldi's acting is great, I love his doctor, but the scipts were just plain awful, and dull too at times.

Lets hope series 9 is better...maybe kill off clara at the end or something.

Agree with everyone Claras has had her day hated Danny adore Peter as you all know. Series nine more Doctor less Clara.

Ah, Keith Moon. Best drummer ever !!

jimbogemini wrote:

Haha always remember when I first got with hubby he clicked on my favourites thinking Oh she's a who fan, well I am but for him the wrong who, he got quite a shock when he saw The Who Shop. Today he lives with all sorts of tardis's sonic screwdrivers t shirts.

I had no idea that Dr Who fans were called Whovians ! That's one of the things I love about this forum - I learn loads of new things !

Agreed, I hated the last series. Far too focused around Clara, felt a lot like I was watching 'Clara' not 'Dr Who'. Really hoping the next series is better.

I love the twist that has come along in the new doctors personality, but hate how overshadowed it seemed, and that it just didn't seem to fit with the other story lines that got drawn out.

As for being a whovian, I have a 30th anniversary of dr who jacket, the 9th, 10th, 11th and 9th rerelease sonic screwdrivers and a nano recorder gun

Never been a fan even as a kid. However a few years ago I went to a comic con and there was a Dr Who panel with Colin Baker and a few of the past assistants (I think one of them was Tom Bakers ex wife).

Colin Baker came across as a great ambassador for the franchise and was witty and self depreciating. Tom Bakers ex was a bit snooty and dismissive.

The year before Sarah Jane (apologies I have no idea of her real name) did a Q&A and again came across as being really passionate about the series, which is something I really respect as so many actors are happy to slag off genre work once they've cashed the cheque.

Also saw Sylvester Mcoy and the lady who played Ace at MCM.

I still miss David Tennant so have refused to watch it since his heart breaking departure!

kittencub wrote:

jimbogemini wrote:

Haha always remember when I first got with hubby he clicked on my favourites thinking Oh she's a who fan, well I am but for him the wrong who, he got quite a shock when he saw The Who Shop. Today he lives with all sorts of tardis's sonic screwdrivers t shirts.

Glad you appreciated the deviation kittencub.Am a Dr Who fan also.

macspants wrote:

Never been a fan even as a kid. However a few years ago I went to a comic con and there was a Dr Who panel with Colin Baker and a few of the past assistants (I think one of them was Tom Bakers ex wife).

Colin Baker came across as a great ambassador for the franchise and was witty and self depreciating. Tom Bakers ex was a bit snooty and dismissive.

The year before Sarah Jane (apologies I have no idea of her real name) did a Q&A and again came across as being really passionate about the series, which is something I really respect as so many actors are happy to slag off genre work once they've cashed the cheque.

Also saw Sylvester Mcoy and the lady who played Ace at MCM.

Elizabeth Sladen played Sarah Jane Lala Ward Tom Baker's ex I've also heard a bit snooty. Ive met Sylvester McCoy that 19 year's ago, good grief.

Young and fun95 wrote:

I still miss David Tennant so have refused to watch it since his heart breaking departure!

Young and fun95 wrote:

I dare not think of Peter leaving, daft I know since I've got all the classic and new who but Peter's my Doctor.

kittencub wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

I dare not think of Peter leaving, daft I know since I've got all the classic and new who but Peter's my Doctor.

Kittencub - ever since first reading that you like Peter Capaldi, I've been so curious about whether you've seen/like him in The Thick Of It. It's the first thing I saw him in, so to me he'll always really be Malcolm, lol. Combine his lovely clothes from Dr Who and his attitude from The Thick Of It, and I think you'd have a very compelling Dom! :D