Why always female

i recieved my new wrist and ankle cuffs joined by chains. Why is it that they always a picture on the box of a lovely female in said cuffs instead of a male sub??? i wonder!!!

You know what's worse? Naked, sexy women on vibrator packagaing. Seriously, who do they think they're marketing it to?

Ecksvie wrote:

You know what's worse? Naked, sexy women on vibrator packagaing. Seriously, who do they think they're marketing it to?

agreed, it totally baffles me as to why they do this.

The female body is better to look at than the nude male body.....

That being said - why bother having a picture of a person in the first place?

boobaloo wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

Agreed! When leaving reviews I always mention it... Fair enough, women using vibrators don't have to be straight, but a sexy naked women is not only a huge turn-off for me, but makes me feel body conscious! I'd much rather nice, decorative packaging.

It's true about bondage gear, I know the female form is beautiful but this may hinder marketing to men. Hmmm, though female submission may be slightly more common, granted. I've seen some leads and collars with men tied up, though!

Booties wrote:

boobaloo wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

Agreed! When leaving reviews I always mention it... Fair enough, women using vibrators don't have to be straight, but a sexy naked women is not only a huge turn-off for me, but makes me feel body conscious! I'd much rather nice, decorative packaging.

It's true about bondage gear, I know the female form is beautiful but this may hinder marketing to men. Hmmm, though female submission may be slightly more common, granted. I've seen some leads and collars with men tied up, though!

A lot of the collars I have tried are rather small and won't fit round most guys necks. It's strange I've always thought I've had a fat neck but most can fit me on the smallest setting even though when reading reviews other girls have said they are too small. Booties, do you remember which collars you saw with guys in the picture as it might be worth me getting them for my OH, as even though the BB collars fit they are a bit tight on his muscular neck.

Oh forgot the mention I like all the Lelo bondage range packaging, no images of people just stylish images of the products.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Booties wrote:

boobaloo wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

A lot of the collars I have tried are rather small and won't fit round most guys necks. It's strange I've always thought I've had a fat neck but most can fit me on the smallest setting even though when reading reviews other girls have said they are too small. Booties, do you remember which collars you saw with guys in the picture as it might be worth me getting them for my OH, as even though the BB collars fit they are a bit tight on his muscular neck.

The ones I've found so far are;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16077

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8056

and

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19253 on another site.

I haven't actually tried any of these though...

dougie159 wrote:

i recieved my new wrist and ankle cuffs joined by chains. Why is it that they always a picture on the box of a lovely female in said cuffs instead of a male sub??? i wonder!!!

I assume it's also less controversial. It's less likely to put men and women off, women's sexuality is seen as much more harmless.

What does annoy me is the massive bulges on the boxes when buying boxers... Why would that convince me to buy 'em!

Ecksvie wrote:

WandA wrote:

What does annoy me is the massive bulges on the boxes when buying boxers... Why would that convince me to buy 'em!

^THIS^

I always wonder why they do this.

Will using this vibrator make me look like her??

Or perhaps my OH will have a huge bulge in his boxers if he wears this pair. Lol

Ecksvie wrote:

Um, maybe I'm totally missing the point, but would a guy holding said dildo with very little clothing on be remotely sexy at all? I'm thinking they should just put them in slightly less tacky packaging, it's almost always done so it ends up looking cheap and/or a little sordid.

I'm with Booties in that I'd just prefer decorative packaging. I'd probably prefer a guy on the packaging than a woman although then you could argue that might be offputting to potential lesbian buyers. I think anyone on the packaging either naked or in a sexy getup just looks completely tacky.

A guy on a packaging would definately be off-putting for me. And I don't mind the women. However it is probably best to have no pictures of people at all - would be better for most.

And don't get me wrong - I am not a lesbian.

Yeah I dislike there being people on the packaging, although I got a butt plug and it's packaging was very basic and just had a nice picture of a bum on it, it actually didt look tacky or anything but even then I can see that as off putting for some. I can't see why they dont do away with tacky packaging, it's awful, maybe we shoud start a plain packaging campaign

LovingHer wrote:

Yeah I dislike there being people on the packaging, although I got a butt plug and it's packaging was very basic and just had a nice picture of a bum on it, it actually didt look tacky or anything External Media but even then I can see that as off putting for some. I can't see why they dont do away with tacky packaging, it's awful, maybe we shoud start a plain packaging campaign External Media

Some places have been doing this for years.

Brown paper bags *wink wink, nudge nudge*.External Media

Haha I know we have It would just be nice if certain brands would follow suit

Or was you on about something else WandA I'm having a bit of a blonde day today

Ecksvie wrote:

I'm with Booties in that I'd just prefer decorative packaging. I'd probably prefer a guy on the packaging than a woman although then you could argue that might be offputting to potential lesbian buyers. I think anyone on the packaging either naked or in a sexy getup just looks completely tacky.

Although having said this, it'd probably end up being a toned, buff man witha six pack and covered in baby oil, which would be even worse.

Yeah I'd rather no people on packaging at all... It's not really viewer friendly.

I don't mind when they have subtle sexy shapes or an artistic photo of lovers pressed together or the curve of a bum or something... If they have to get sex in there somehow.

*consumer friendly

cut out the crap advertising and make the toy'sbetter and cheaper ..oops just ahving a moment there no nastyness intended LH are pretty good no moans at all thanks