Why no nipples?

In Australia the female nipple defines whether or not a lads mag is on display or kept under the counter, the difference between 16 and 18+

I guess because you paste them on, they are called pasties?

naughty stacey wrote:

In Australia the female nipple defines whether or not a lads mag is on display or kept under the counter, the difference between 16 and 18+

I guess because you paste them on, they are called pasties?

Exactly! :) 

BarginHunta wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

BarginHunta wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

The simple answer is, Google. Google ranks websites based on all sorts of factors, such as the amount of unique content your site has, how often it's updated and what types of images you share.

The more nudity, the lower down we rank. Basically, Google doesn't like nipple!

Here is a great blog by our director of Ecommerce (aka in-house internet wizard) Matty Curry, talking about Google, rankings, and nipples!

https://econsultancy.com/blog/7234-why-is-this-so-hard-google-facebook-and-adult-retailing/

Wow - thanks Jess, and what an insightful blog post too. It really shows how hard it is to advertise adult products in a world that frowns upon advertising adult products! (what a werid world we live in!) Time to campaign Google to free the nipple? - or perhaps just time for me to ask live chat about garments of interest.

Having read the rules, an interesting alternative would be to produce some bright coloured LH heart nipple pasties for the models to wear.
To anyone looking at the image these would then obviously not appear to be either nipples, nor part of the garment, but WOULD have the advantage of showing the level of transparency of the garment. - Just an idea, and one that I am actually now quite proud of ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Nipple pasties are definitely a great option, and when we photograph our own-brand products we have our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30695. However, most of the models you see on our website are not picked or photographed by us. Suppliers send us these images to use to sell their products.

A lot of the photos we receive are already modest enough to use online, however some brands do like to opt for extremely scantily clad ladies. In those instances our in-house photo editor spends some time re-touching the images to give the poor girls some coverage!

Hi Jess - thanks for your response :)

If I had one comment it would be that when you (LH) do have control over the images, using pasties that are contrasting to the skin & lingerie would be an advantage. Quite often it seems that pasties are chosen that are either 'skin' coloured, or similar to the lingerie being shown, which still makes determining the transparency difficult.

As an aside, I can't help but wonder where the term "pastie" came from, in our travels to cornwall I've seen many pasties, and none bear any resemblance to the nipple pastie - lol

I'll pass on your feedback. Most of the time when we edit a model, we'll stick a whole bra on them (see all of the Fleshlight products - you'll notice all of the ladies have lovely lingerie on now), but if there are cases where we can still show the transparency of an item, that would be great.

In regards to the word 'pasty' - it comes from the word 'paste' and is pronounced in the same way (Pay-Stee) rather than like the Conrnish noms PAASTEE. :)

I've learned so much from this thread! I've always said pasty wrong, and it always felt a bit wrong and silly to say.

I'm going to sound so naive here, but I'm amazed that with the photo editing you can put lingerie onto a photograph. That's like magic to me. You must have some really skilled people working on that because it never looks at all obvious - I wouldn't have ever noticed anything that suggested it wasn't totally real. A very silly part of me can't quite understand all this editing trickery, so when I see models in see-through lingerie with no nipples, I think that part of me just thinks that you must have incredible no-nippled models ;)

Hah excellent :)

Its certainly one of those things that you read, but never realise you are 'reading' it wrong, until it comes to saying it - I shall know from now on the pronunciation is Paste-y, and not pas-tee - Thanks Jess ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I have to confess I never realised that someone at LH was digitally dressing the models on some of the products, so a big congrats to them for making it look so tasteful and 'natural' ! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

A little slow I know, but I've just popped back to this thread and wanted to say thank you for the lovely feedback! Our photographer and image editor will be very happy to have your compliments :D 

As for the Pay-Stee / Paa-Stee debate, Pay-Stee is technically correct, but it does seem to be a Tomayto/Tomahto, Scone/Scon thing in that confuses a lot of people! 

Having just read an amusing review of a truly enormous dildo, it still amuses me to no end that LH can show a 16", 6.75" circumference realistic monster of a dildo in all its glory (!) but can't show a woman's nipple through lace. The contrast, having just navigated from that page, is stark and rather amusing!

I have noticed a few retailers eithe rstar them on the productrs or erase trhem which is kinda confusimng especially whe n it is a nipple toy

BarginHunta wrote:

As an aside, I can't help but wonder where the term "pastie" came from, in our travels to cornwall I've seen many pasties, and none bear any resemblance to the nipple pastie - lol

I loved this, I've just bought some myself and all I was thinking the entire time was, I'd rather be getting the type of pastie I had last week ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Sorry if this is a question that has already been raised elsewhere but is there an issue with male nipples, or just female ones? Just uploaded a bare-chested profile pic and to be honest thought nothing of it, and then noticed posts on forum about people violating the image code, saw 'nipples' in the no-no list and promptly replaced it with the current one. And whilst it may well be that nobody wants to see my bare chest anyway...hahaha....I thought I'd just ask for clarification? Cheers.

Optimized wrote:

Sorry if this is a question that has already been raised elsewhere but is there an issue with male nipples, or just female ones? Just uploaded a bare-chested profile pic and to be honest thought nothing of it, and then noticed posts on forum about people violating the image code, saw 'nipples' in the no-no list and promptly replaced it with the current one. And whilst it may well be that nobody wants to see my bare chest anyway...hahaha....I thought I'd just ask for clarification? Cheers.

I am certain its just female. I don't think guys being bare chested is violation of any codes as going to say a public swimming baths they would be seen there and in a family environment . Under certain circumstances it is more socially acceptable. although on saying that there are some guys like my next door neighbour for instance would be better keeping themselves covered up as he is not a pretty sight.

Haha, cheers for that, yep for some guys less is most definitely more 😉. ....I used to be in a band called the Mysterons 😊

In some corners of world people are protesting for nipple equality. Bare chested male pictures are universally accepted but female nipples are covered or airbrushed.i fully support each website,publication, media outlet to choose their own set of guidelines but I think there should be equality regardless of gender

loganlogan wrote:

In some corners of world people are protesting for nipple equality. Bare chested male pictures are universally accepted but female nipples are covered or airbrushed.i fully support each website,publication, media outlet to choose their own set of guidelines but I think there should be equality regardless of gender

I think eventually that will happen in time . You only have to go back to say the Victorian times whereby a lady was covered right down to the ankles. Compare that image to the one of today wearing a typical modern and skimpy ( by then standards ) outfit. Certainly in areas of the med where its hot, topless women are much more common than say yesteryear.

We were having this debate recently #FreeTheNipple! 

I personally think the rule should stand for male nipples too OR just let them all be free. 

As we go by google clicks this is not the way for us.

I would love to enforce the rule across the board for equality.  I think I would have more haters though... Haha! 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I personally think the rule should stand for male nipples too OR just let them all be free.

I would love to enforce the rule across the board for equality. I think I would have more haters though... Haha!

I think women in general look far more sexy partially covered in my opinion . The missing bits can be filled in with the imagination. No need to bare! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

A well toned guys torso is pehaps better bare as clothing covers everything that is nice up . I am slowly begining to appreciate my own body now after putting in a lot of hard work .

**Bump** 

I am sort of sitting on the fence with this one as I can see views from both sides of the argument but what is most interesting is the result of one of the questions on ITVs newst quiz show "Don't Ask Me Ask Britain "

One of the questions was put forward by one of the team captians which basically asked Should guys cover up in the torso area? The public decided yes . What was more intersting was that the majority of women wanted men to keep covered up.

Where I stand on this if you have it or got it flaunt it , if you want and why not ? . What I object to and seen it myself is if people, guys obviously, going into supermarkets topless and dripping their body fluids all over the produce . Its fine if your working hard in the heat and perhaps parties, beaches pool sides etc. But not shopping .Another words a time and a place.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I personally think the rule should stand for male nipples too OR just let them all be free.

I would love to enforce the rule across the board for equality. I think I would have more haters though... Haha!

Yeah, I think that's right. I will keep with my covered up torso pic until there's equality for all!!! Uhm...sadly I think you're right about the haters though.![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

I just can't picture guys wearing pasties