withdrawal bleed or period?

I had my mirena removed last mon (5th) so that me and my oh can start trying for a baby,the gp said I could expect to see my next period in 2-6 weeks time, and that from that moment I wouldn't be protected against pregnancy from that moment of her removing it, and my body will revert back to normal almost immediately. She didn't say I'd expect some, but I had some light bleeding the day of removal but the next day and up until yesterday I have been bleeding, not light nor heavy, and no pain but it's just like a period for me, or how they used to be in length and how heavy they were before I had mirena 5 months ago. I know you can get spotting or withdrawal bleeds when stopping these contraceptives but I was expecting spotting or nothing then a period at least no sooner than 2 weeks time and within 6 weeks. I was normally regular anyway- every 28 days. I just find it odd, but am also excited about getting or trying to get pregnant and so hope it was my period as I will be ovulating sooner than I thought! Have looked online and lots of mixed reviews. I know also the advice is to wait until you have a true period so the gp can date the pregnancy accurately, but to be fair even if I did fall pregnant now or in the next couple weeks, my last period or bleed would obviously have been the one I've just had?!

confused!

rb

xx

Hi Avrielle, I have an appointment next thurs to discuss my plans with my gp, as I have endo, and have decided against treatment of zoladex and try to have a baby whilst I still can. Hence the appointment to tell him my priorities have now changed. I'm just excited and want to start trying right away, although I can't anyway as my oh is away working until late next week anyway! lol.

xx

I don't know if you maybe misread my post? we havent started trying yet, but hope to very soon, I was just wondering if the bleeding I have had this week is a period for me as it was much like one? Then I can work out when I should be ovulating.

xx

ronnie-baby wrote:

I don't know if you maybe misread my post? we havent started trying yet, but hope to very soon, I was just wondering if the bleeding I have had this week is a period for me as it was much like one? Then I can work out when I should be ovulating.

xx

If you are worried about dating a pregnancy then dont be. I skip some months couldnt work out how far I was, it is possible to have a really early ulrasound, from about 6 weeks as a dating scan. If you are trying to work out ovulation dates its a bit different, talk to your Dr first and then start marking the calendar, but unless your period is always regular it may be too early to start working out a predictive pattern.

Good luck

xGGx

If you're trying to spot ovulation patterns my best advice is to get a thermometer and start recrding your basal body temp. Goggle it for more info.

Good luck

I would wait for the real period or a go from the doctor. As for the dating of pregnancy, well, that can be bit off if done only by the last menstruation, as doctors uses the fact, that the female is ovulation in the middle of the circle, while some women can in the beginning or just before menstruation. And some can apparently even twice in one circle. The best way to see if you are ovulating is to read into literature how to recognise ovulation. I know some people use it as contraceptive, so they avoid sex in the time of female ovulation, but it can be equaly well used to find how if and when you are ovulating. The general symptons of ovulation are change of scent of the woman, changes of vaginal secrection, changes in cervix and rise in temperature.

Also one or two circles a year can be without ovulation for a woman, so if you dont find it one month, dont be too scared, it does not mean something is wrong.

Hi

This site is useful for working dates out, once you start trying it could help we used it when trying for our son and it was pretty much spot on

http://www.pregnology.com/ovulating.php

also you can buy a kit from boots to test yourself everyday to see if you are ovulating, once things have settled down again for you, I didn't bother but I have a colleague that used them again with good success.

I have heard of alot of women getting pregnant quickly after coming off the merina, good luck hun, and as others have said it is best to wait for your first real perios before trying but no harm in practising until then :)

Wow Boobaloo, that link is amazing, it's really helpful that site. thank you so much.

xx

just been given the go ahead from my gp for me and my oh to start trying for our first baby.he said the bleeding was probably a withdrawal bleed due to the sudden drop in progesteronebut theres no reason why we cant start tryin but just to bear in mind it may be harder dating the pregnancy. how exciting.

That's great news, best of luck with it and let us all know when the baby is on the way :)

boobaloo wrote:

Hi

This site is useful for working dates out, once you start trying it could help we used it when trying for our son and it was pretty much spot on

http://www.pregnology.com/ovulating.php

also you can buy a kit from boots to test yourself everyday to see if you are ovulating, once things have settled down again for you, I didn't bother but I have a colleague that used them again with good success.

I have heard of alot of women getting pregnant quickly after coming off the merina, good luck hun, and as others have said it is best to wait for your first real perios before trying but no harm in practising until then :)

I have just taken an ovualtion test and it has confirmed that I will be ovulating when I took it this evening, I have been taking the tests since last wens, and nothing, not even a faint line, now this morning I got a faint line which I understand to mean negative but did one about 30 mins ago and it started out as a disheartening negative result yet again, then it was a positive one as the line was as dark as the test line, maybe even slightly darker. It is typical that my oh is away until later this week, but we last had sex thurs and fri just gone, could there still be a chance of pregnancy even this late after? I am so hoping, as I was really starting to feel and worry my body is all messed up from the hands of my endo, laparascopy op, and mirena that I had taken out two weeks ago today. I suppose that bleed was a period for me, what a coincidence that is and now I am ovulating 14 days to the dot! I am very impressed at how easy I am finding my body to read after everything, and how quickly it has normalised itself after all it's been through these last 6 months.

rb

xx

they say that sperm can live for upto 3 days inside your body, but don't quote me on that.

14days is about right for ovulation after your period, fingers crossed you get lucky this month, but if not don't worry about it just keep trying

I also feel very cold right now, and i have all the heating on in my home. It's unlike me to be so cold, I rarely feel it. Could that be a link with ovulation?

xx

Not sure if it is linked but some people do get signs, I get a twinge sometimes will tells me that its going on, that and my sex drive which is normally pretty high anyway goes through the roof (my poor Oh)

try not to think to hard about it, i know its hard but really there is nothing you can do but go with it

try having a look on some parenting forums netmums or mumsnet are both pretty good and their forums have lots of people that have been through it all that could help x