£20 voucher and carers discount?

Hello

Hope everyone is ok

I am wondering, I have a £20 discount and I am also a carer…would I be able to use both my £20 and also use carers discount or would I only be allowed to use one at once?

1 Like

Hey you can only use 1 discount code at a time, we have a blue light card and get discount and can only use that or another code you can’t use more than one unfortunately

1 Like

Hey @DownRightHorny. When you say £20 voucher do you mean a gift card? If so, then yes you can use both. You would put the carer discount code into the offer code section and then the gift card as your method of payment. If it is something else and is classed as an offer code then you can’t use two at the same time though :blush:

2 Likes

This is correct I didn’t think about a discount voucher! If that’s the case the you are well and truly correct but you will only get the discount off of the already discounted price so after the £20 gift card has been taken then your % discount will come off of that grand total. So if there is a gift card and a discount code it maybe worth using them separately unless your carers discount is one you can use all the time like our blue light card then obviously use it everytime.

That’s not quite correct. If it is a gift card, that just acts as your method of payment, exactly the same as bank card etc would. The 20% carer discount would still be off the whole amount (not just after the £20 had been redeemed).

You may be talking about the VIP reward money off codes - I wasn’t part of the trial for this and so don’t have first hand experience but my understanding is that that classes as a discount code and therefore both would not work together.

3 Likes

You’re right @SexInTheCity. It’s frustrating and was raised during the trial (and not just by me from what customer care told me!)

I’m a carer and can only use that discount OR the VIP/any other offer code :disappointed:

@DownRightHorny hope that helps!

1 Like

I tried the exact thing yesterday as had £20 VIP rewards from the new scheme. Had my eye on a couple of things so thought would take advantage of the 25% blue light weekend and my reward voucher…… no success though so didn’t order this time. Maybe we stretching :ok_man:t2: too much money off etc but certainly good incentive with the reward if you could.

@Lovehoney_Brenna maybe one for the team as part of the feedback and our wishes :star_struck: for consideration or if it’s it just considered as too much to apply. I do see currently though the new reward scheme as like a gift card with £10/£20 off the final price after our normal discount so maybe that would need to be clear on any final go live date of any reward scheme what the voucher actually is :hugs::+1:

2 Likes

I do think that any discount that everyone is eligible for should be applied automatically so that service discount codes can also be used. They’re supposed to be a ‘thank you’ right?

One of my last few orders qualified for a free toy because of how much I spent but it was either that or the blue light discount. For those types of promotions it should be applied automatically and maybe there could be an opt out button for anyone who doesn’t want the free toy.

Usually you’d only be able to use one discount at a time from what I previously remember but not sure if it’s changed now…

You could only use one discount code, but the VIP system had points that you could use as a payment method rather than being a voucher/discount code.

That way you could feel the benefit of both.

1 Like

Yes! You are right that is what I was probably thinking of! We get so many discount codes it’s hard to keep track lol :joy:

Ooo so double the discount happiness :heart_eyes:

Yep! It was from memory a point per pound spent and then each point was worth 2p so it could add up quite nicely!

Ah well, what’s gone is gone :blush:

Why not just lower the price and save sending out gift codes? Makes me think that things are overpriced if LH is so quick to give discounts… :thinking:

My opinion is something is only worth what an individual is willing to pay for it.