2nd hand toys

Very random question. I have asked people before and had mixed answers. Would you or have you ever used 2nd hand sex toys? If they are washed and properly cleaned, i think i would.

3 Likes

Depends on the toy, the material it’s made from, how much it’s been used etc.

I think I would be more okay with second hand non insertable toys (blindfolds, crops, whips, sensory toys, etc).

I think I might also be okay with stainless steel and glass insertables because in theory you should be able to boil them to clean them.

I don’t know how I would feel about silicone or plastic or wood

1 Like

Yer 100 percent depends on material would not use wood again lol

Would that also class as going to see someone who then gets out one their toys and uses it on you? Cause if so then yeah I have lol :joy:

2 Likes

Not in a million years :exploding_head:

No, I couldn’t. Even impact toys, how often do people clean those? There could be body bits on them. Nope, couldn’t.

Not if they were free.

Disgusting.

I’m sorry I’m side tracked. Who has wooden toys?!

I’ve technically used a second hand cock cage, a left over from my mrs’s part trials and tribulations of an ex of hers

1 Like

I have no issues with the ‘ick’ factor. Just hygiene.
Anything porous… no way. Even some non-penetrative toys are risky for me, particularly impact toys. I’m not sure how you’d sterilise a suede flogger, for example.
Some materials, like stainless steel, and glass can be sterilised, same with certain silicones. So I’d consider these. :+1:

It’s an interesting question though as presumably in an sexual activity involving multiple partners there is the distinct possibility that a penis or a toy may be used on more than one person in the same session?

I don’t see how that is materially different to using 2nd hand toys.

I’m not advocating it. I’m just interested in the distinction.

I think you’ll find it comes down to knowledge and trust @rockstar. 2nd hand toys, although already an established market, is extremely unregulated and can be unsafe at times.

There’s no safety standards or guarantees as to whether the person who used them is 100% clean for anything transmittable, you’re simply taking their word. Or if they’ve misused the toy, perhaps broken some wires that may cause more damage with further use, and then you don’t have any guarantees or warranties in the event something goes wrong.

For a lot of people, there’s a good chance you’ll find they just prefer the peace of mind knowing their toy is completely sanitary and new upon purchase, and they’re protected by consumer warranties and such.

When you get into a new relationship… both penis and vaginas are second hand !!! WTF its called sanitizer !! LOL

2 Likes

Kind of depends on the price of a new one. Anything up to maybe $100, no way. But I’ve seen things on LH that sell for several thousand (horses, mechanical thrusters, etc.) that I may think about. Would have to be thoroughly sanitized, etc. but if I could save a grand, It’s worth thinking about.

1 Like

makes me feel a bit ick, but then my hubby has defo had previous owners lol

My first response is no.
Then I see everyone saying technically dicks and vaginas are second hand.
Now my brain hurts. Thanks guys

1 Like

No way.

Same for using toys with a new partner
I have no intention of replacing or supplementing my wife as my sole partner - but if I did I’d want any toys to be new and unused, even if the new partner inevitably wouldn’t be !

I don’t see why it would be an issue if you know that person and can sanitize them.

1 Like

My wife and myself were both second hand toys when we met , we just washed each other up and good as new . Insertable toys or soft cock surrounding toys , no thanks . Any of those thrusting machine in a heart beat , just buy new attatchments . We still dream of a sex room after watching the tv show I learned about on here , thanks .

1 Like

@Oldman … what TV show !!! A sex room would be amazing. Like underground with dripping walls and buzzing flickering lights… Sorry (feeling it)…

1 Like

On Netflix , How to Build a Sex Room . Only one season so far , but we enjoyed watching it .