3d printed sex toys

just wondering what people taught of the idea of 3d printing sex toys.

There was a blog about this here : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2013/09/10/3d-printing/

But I have no personal feelings about 3D printed sex toys. I'm no creative so it's not something I would ever be bothered about :)

If they were ever safe I'd love it.
Especially as a surprise for my oh.
Plus it would be interesting to modify existing toys.

i don't see anything wrong with it - just another way to manufacture :)

how long before you will be printing your sex toys and buying designs rather than buying the toys do you think. i personally think it wont be that long at all.

hihowareyou wrote:

how long before you will be printing your sex toys and buying designs rather than buying the toys do you think. i personally think it wont be that long at all.

I don't see why I would bother buying a 3d printer and actually printing my own toys when they (a manufcturer) can just do that for me? I suppose buying the design could be cheaper, and you would obviously by extension be printing all your other products, not just sex toys. Don't know if I could be bothered with all that!

it may be fun to print a toy but on the expensive side, those printers cost a bomb lol

Also..Sorta seems like going back a step. Unless you can customise or be bothered/smart enough to make your own designs for products, why would I buy the manufacturing tool and go through the process of DIYing when I can just buy the end product lol!

3d printers are now for sale pc world and retails at the the same cost as a top end pc so not that expensive and becoming more steam, with it becoming main steam means things become easier to use,

one reason you would print it would print time would be shorter than delivery time.

another is that it you dont like something about the toy you could always change it yourself and not hope the manufactorer does it.

Yes, at the moment there's a big difference between a finished toy and what comes out of a 3D printer - we use a 3D printer here for rapid prototyping, but it doesn't create anything you'd actually want to use.

The tech, at the moment, it better used to create molds, that them silicone can be poured into. However I know Bonny's seen some interesting stuff in this area.

What would be really interesting, would be if we could offer this service - so onscreen you have a 3d shape you can pull about, like putty, decide where the bullet goes into it, pick a colour, maybe some kind of embossing of a initials, press GO, and then we make it and send it to you. But at the moment it takes FOREVER to print anything out. Maybe in a few years :-)

i don't understand how they work but realistically could you take a scan of a body part....... like your hand......... and make a plastic representation there of?

that could make for some "interesting" presents......... just don't mix up the one for your mum and the one for your missus ...... ;)

Draven wrote:

i don't understand how they work but realistically could you take a scan of a body part....... like your hand......... and make a plastic representation there of?

that could make for some "interesting" presents......... just don't mix up the one for your mum and the one for your missus ...... ;)

the 3d printer would scan an object it would just print it, to do what you want you would need a 3d scanner and then the 3d printer

I think you'd have to be pretty up there with knowledge of tech stuff to be able to change up designs and stuff. I wouldn't be arsed can barely work a photocopier or laminator haha. And what about getting all the materials for it. I'll just leave it up to the pros haha...

I like the idea of having an online customisable toy though! Although again I probably wouldn't be that bothered, too lazy and un creative, and I seem to get on with most toys I buy! X

Just like piracy with DVDS, I would imagine a lot of designs would end up on torrent websites and ultimately put sites like lovehoney out of business

Great idea though if you are creative or want to try something new. Can't see it being imminent though

I love the idea of 3d printing i think its a fantastic piece of technology with amazing possibilities but not sure id want to use one for my sex toys.
Like MissChar said if you're not a designer its easier to buy the end product and if you ultimately decide you don't like it you will have paid for the design and materials but won't be able to return it like you can with LH :)

I do like the idea of having toys sort of made to order with this though, would be great fun :)

to get the material you just shop online the think is choicing what colour you want. as long you can use a mouse there isnt much to 3d design especially when just editing a design.

Way too lazy to bother shopping around online for all the materials i would need , waiting for them to arrive, then making my toy..defeats the purpose of the printing being quicker than ordering online! .Like I say, too much involvement for me when I can just buy the product haha. and if I don't like it or its broken or faulty or yuck I can return it. :)

I think 3D printing will bring on a lot of problems as well as solutions. When they have already been able to print a gun which can fire 1 bullet before it breaks it is 1 problem. But for sex toys why not. Much easier to design something on the computer with a good 3D cad then print it and see if it works as a design. But for the end product, I don't think medical grade silicone and other components bought separetly will become that much cheaper than to but the already made end product.

More for the designers than the end user.

as 3d printers become more main stream i believe price of materials linked with these printers will decrease because there will be more of a demand for them so the medical grade silicone will slowly drop in price.

but i take your point a 3d printer is always going to be for the designer, doesnt mean the end user wont get some fun out of it to

awesome this would be so much fun only a matter of time i reckon