50 Shades of Grey

Am I the only one who hasn't read it, and doesn't actually feel like reading it? Am I missing out on something or am I better off in my ignorance?

I've never read it and have no wish to. The excerpts I've read didn't make me want to read more lol

I might watch the film though :)

I've read it and thought it pretty poor, don't think you're missing out :)

I like the book. It is not as full of sex as some people think. I think its more about the building of a relashionship. :P xx

I've not read the books, I have no desire to read the books.

It annoys me I adore Jamie Dornan after watching "The Fall" and I am tempted to watch the film just because of him.

kitty x

Don't bother there are better books out there, not interested in the film either.

i've not read it either. before my tablet died it had all three books on the kindle app (i didn't download them), out of curiosity i think i got 2-3 pages in to grey before i gave up on it. i'd heard a lot about how poorly written it was. what i read was no exception

Before i read the book i hadnt any interest in reading it. After i got FSOG testers i decided that i want to know what everyone is raving/hating about. I had however no intention to pay for it, so borrowed from someone who already had it. So yes, im now on page 54 and it is ok. So far.
So i only reading it because i want to know what is all that fuss about.

It's an odd one for me...
I had no desire to read it, but decided to anyway just to see the hype.
I didn't find it 'hot' at all - I fact the scenes were literally so repetitive I started skipping like half pages most of the time ... BUT despite the repetitive actions / language, mistakes and and just generally poor writing it seems - I can't get the actual storyline out of my head... It's odd.

No I haven't read it and I'm not going to. To be honest I find most BDSM books repulsive, people treat their dogs better than these people treat the people they're supposed to love. There are very few people who can actually make BDSM acceptable to those who are not interested in it. Kresley Cole being one - The Game Maker is a good read, no humiliation, abuse etc.

I've read all three, i enjoyed parts of the first book but by the third it just became repetitive, silly and the "inner goddess" crap annoyed me.

Would i read all three again? I'm not sure maybe the first book.. I've just picked up Sylvia Day's Bared, which is supposed to be simular but better written so well see with that one.

No, I've not read them and have no desire to either!

I started reasing it on holiday i got to about page 50 and put it down.

I started to read i again and read all three continuosly over three weeks, i couldnt out them down. Now i think they are just okay, purely because now i have read much better books.

It is not as explicit as people think. It has a couple of bits but nothing compared to the majority :)

Am I the only one that loved them?
Lol I hae read all three hundreds of times

I was like you, and didn't read it for ages!! Then one day the books were on sale on lovehoney and I thought I might as well just give them a try. The only reason I didn't try reading them is because I usually hate things that are massively popular because they just get overrated and it annoys me. But I ended up reading it and I loved it! I read all three books in 10 days. The third one isn't as great as the first two, but I really enjoyed them! I'm pretty excited for the movie coming out, and the new lovehoney range. I would just give it a go if I was you, it won't hurt you, and it might actually be something that you really like :)

I actually liked the books, I mean OK they wern't as naughty as everyone made out. But lets face it; a lot of us on here bondage and everything else in the book isn't naughty to us. We do it, we like it; we know what we want. But to people who haven't had the experiance in that then it is naughty.

My mum kept asking me what things meant because she knew I'd already read it.

I read them I didn't rate them... won't be watching the film...

Have only read the first and wish I hadn't. Not because of the poor quality of the writing, I could ignore that well enough, but because the horrible cliched characterisations make it far too close to the development of what's essentially battered wife syndrome in a very young, very inexperienced woman who doesn't have the resources to cope with the pyschological dysfunction in the man who's taken up stalking her. And she's not allowed to tell anyone 'cause he said so. But it's ok because he's, well you know, HOT.

:-(

Not the greatest books I have ever read but I did enjoy reading them. The second book is the best one :)

i read them all, and i actually enjoyed the storyline though the writing was repetitive with all the "inner goddess" stuff.

Think OH liked the fact that I read them too ;)