A Sad Night

So my vibrator exploded last night.

The cord for my fairy wand snapped as I was getting ready to use it and when I went to take it off the bed there was a huge popping noise with a flash of light, followed by a burning smell.

I e-mailed the local online store I got it from and it's only one month outside of its three month warranty. It was so expensive and I didn't even use it that often :(

They said I could send it back but I don't really know what'll happen then. The message was all in Dutch :I

If I'd known about LH back then and how easy it was for vibes to be shipped to NL, I probably wouldn't be so inconvenienced...

woah! sounds like you had a lucky escape there!

are they going to pay for P&P ... You need to weigh it up on how much it's going to cost you to send it back and how much it will cost for a new one from LH.. My wand is from AS. ... I'm so glad though that I have found LH . 

It exploded! 😳 jeepers

I think they said that they would replace my wand if I sent it back so €10 for shipping there and back is cheaper than buying a new one... I suppose I'm also more inclined to do this since I was given a €35 euro discount on it for being the party's host.

I have a vibrator coming in from LH tomorrow so that'll at least be a nice thing this week :)

My wife uses the term explosive quite often when she describes using her vibrator. I'm don't think what you are describing is the same thing though! I'm glad you are OK and it was only the vibratory that was damaged, hope they replace it for you.

Oh my goodness - sounds like you had a lucky escape !! Glad you're ok - hope you can get it replaced.

What!?!?! sounds like you had a lucky escape! I think it would be best just to buy a new one from LH then you at least know you have a whole year free returns. That is so bad!!!

Thankfully your ok :) X

An explosive orgasm could have had a different context!

AsYouWish! wrote:

An explosive orgasm could have had a different context!

Haha boom

If you've got a mains powered product that gets moved around a lot(hairdryer,straighteners,vibrator,iron etc.) you should check the cable every few months to see if its ok, look for kinks, damage to outer, and the wires inside getting twisted which makes them fail but you can't see it very well until it goes pop, just some advice.

oh no could i reccomend lovehoneys wand its ceaper than most and ive heard great things about it.

Glad ur ok thats the main thing. Secindly OH HOLY GOD!!!Hope you get it all sorted

If they're awkward about a refund it might be worth mentioning that you're going to have to report the product as it could have dealt a serious injury. I don't know how realistic it is that something would be done if you tried to report it, but given what happened you're ,due a refund so worth trying it! Faults, yeah, but faulty things aren't meant to explode, that sounds like a design flaw

This happened to my favourite hairstraighteners and my favourite bullet vibrator when charging! It's always the good stuff ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

If it was a fault in the wand they should pay your shipping, but if its a damaged wire and out of warrently €10 seems ok for a replacement if you like it! You should definately buy from Lovehoney next time though! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

scarab9 wrote:

If they're awkward about a refund it might be worth mentioning that you're going to have to report the product as it could have dealt a serious injury. I don't know how realistic it is that something would be done if you tried to report it, but given what happened you're ,due a refund so worth trying it! Faults, yeah, but faulty things aren't meant to explode, that sounds like a design flaw

I don't know about Cuff Links wand, but my Lovehoney one says in the instructions to check it for damage before each use. If an electrical item is damaged it can be dangerous, so you do need to be careful, and it's not the company's fault if it's damaged when out of warrenty. And it sounds like they're offering a replacement even though it's out of warrenty!? It might have been a fault though and they should check it on return.

Oh no!!! What I horrible thing to have happen!! So glad you didn't get hurt or have any further damage.
I hope you manage to get a resolution that you're really happy with!!