A whole board dedicated to lube. What about ...

Massage oils?

I've tried numerous massage bars from Lush and creams and oils from places too numerous to mention.

I was the goldilocks of the massage oil world - none of them suited me - they were to sticky, too thin, too slippy, too gritty, too smelly, too messy. Then I accidentally stumbled across baby oil with a hint of lavender .

I usually hate lavender but this is such a subtle hint you can hardly smell it and it absorbs into the skin leaving hands and body silky smooth and residue free.

Now I enjoy massages without having to shower afterwards!

mmmm have just popped into Lush this afternoon and purchased a Black Magic massage bar (along with a whole host of other goodies- how come a single purchase always turns into a bag full?) Can't wait to try it out, smells divine. I used to have the one that smells like a mars bar- but it just put me off sex and sent me scurrying off in search of chocolate! Pretty damm sure Black Magic isn't going to have that effect!

BTW- almond oil for decent slippiness- skin-on-skin works a treat. I swear by it as it doesn't leave me sticky or needing a shower afterwards.

Mercuria

Ooh massege oils is something I've never considered. I tend to give the bloke a massage as a treat sometimes. Will keep the baby oil with lavander in mind.

Lavander, yuk! and Lush massage bars are too tacky when they melt. I prefer waterbased massage products... stops you being stuck in one position while you dry off!

We have a lot of essential oils lying around (lavender, tea tree etc) so if it comes to a massage we just mix whichever one suits the mood with some grapeseed oil and it works perfectly.

Once tried that durex 2-1 play stuff and it was horendously sticky, and by the time you'd warmed it up in your hands it was practically dry! Silicone lubes and good old olive oil are much better..

I agree it's so hard to find a nice massage oil. I've just ordered a kit from LH and it includes a chocolate massage oil, i'll let you know what it's like when i've tried it! My oh loves baby oil so i don't think i'd get much of a massage!

humpo wrote:

We have a lot of essential oils lying around (lavender, tea tree etc) so if it comes to a massage we just mix whichever one suits the mood with some grapeseed oil and it works perfectly.

Once tried that durex 2-1 play stuff and it was horendously sticky, and by the time you'd warmed it up in your hands it was practically dry! Silicone lubes and good old olive oil are much better..

Yeah, the durex 2-1 isn't great for general massaging. But there are area where you may not want to use oil... when I give the OH a massage I usually start of with normal oils for the back/legs etc... when things get more intimate I wipe my hands and switch to the durex 2-1 stuff...

Actually, we've not done this for a while, thanks for the reminder, I might fetch it out tonight:)

Even walking past a Lush shop makes me feel queezy, and my OH can't stand it either. Judging by comments here and the number of people I see in the shops I assume we are in the minority though.

Spanky H wrote:

Even walking past a Lush shop makes me feel queezy, and my OH can't stand it either. Judging by comments here and the number of people I see in the shops I assume we are in the minority though.

me and my partner can't stand it either, it really makes me feel sick, i walked past as i was eating a sayers once, couldn't look at my sausage roll for about ten minutes after that smell