A-Z Musical Trivia Bands and Artists

Tanz Der Youth - A short lived London punk band were formed by Brian James after he left the Damned.

1 Like

Ultravox-Midge Ure briefly joined Thin Lizzy before joining Ultravox. He was also in Slik and Rich Kids in the 70’s

1 Like

Velvet Underground.
When their first album was released in 1967 the critics’ response was underwhelming - it is now considered one of the most influential albums of its time.
The band got a higher profile when artist Andy Warhol became their manager.

Whitesnake-their Come and Get It album cover was censored by Woolworths because the snake’s tongue looked like lady parts. They missed the flaccid penis and balls in the snakes coils though.

X for Xzibit

He hosted the MTV show Pimp my Ride. Everything they installed into the cars had to be returned after filming

Yndi Halda

“Yndi Halda” is Old Norse for “Enjoy Eternal Bliss”, also the name of their debut release.

1 Like

ZZ Top - Early on they played a gig where only 1 person turned up he was going to leave but they begged him to stay theyplayed an hour long set then an encore and finally bought him a coke for staying.

1 Like

Anthrax-Their I Am The Law single was about comic book character Judge Dredd, drummer Charlie Benenate drew the cover art picture of Dredd.

Black Sabbath - The album ’ Black Sabbath ’ was recorded in just one day!

3 Likes

Cozy Powell-Once appeared on Record Breakers, hitting different 400 drums in a minute!

3 Likes

Damned - Lead singer Dave Vanian used to sleep in a coffin.

I used to love Cozy Powel saw him drum for Whitesnake on the Slide it in tour

2 Likes

@Onlyones me too, saw him with Rainbow @Donington, Whitesnake @Donington, Michael Schenker, Black Sabbath his solos were always amazingly OTT!

ELO-Cher’s Believe single samples the Time album. Also, the drum beat on Don’t Bring Me Down is the drum beat from On The Run from the Discovery album slowed down.

Free - Guitarist Paul Kossoff was ranked 51 in Rolling Stone magazines 100 greatest guitarists of all time despite the fact he died when he was only 25.

Gary Moore-was in a band called Skid Row with Phil Lynott, way before the American Skid Row of the 90’s existed.

Heaven 17 - They got the name from Stanley Kubrick’s Clockwork Orange.

Ian Gillan-was in a pop band called Episode Six in the 60’s

Jethro Tull - The band took the name of the man hailed as the father of British Agriculture,he invented the seed drill.

2 Likes

Kansas - They were once interviewed for a programme called Behind The Music but the show was never broadcast because their off-stage lives were just too boring!

1 Like

Lita Ford-once dated Tony Iommi of Sabbath

Metallica - Drummer Lars ulrich originally moved to Los Angeles to train as a professional tennis player.

2 Likes