A-Z Musical Trivia Bands and Artists

Exactly the same as ABC - Bands and Artists except you also add a piece of relevant trivia about the named Band or Artist.

Altered images - Lead singer Claire Grogan played Kristine Kochanski in Red Dwarf (up to series6)

2 Likes

Bon Jovi-When they headlined Donington they mistakenly had “Donnington” in big letters over the stage!

2 Likes

Cream - There was so much tension between all the band members that they all stayed at different hotels before getting together onstage for a show!

3 Likes

Dexys Midnight Runners - When they played Jackie Wilson Says on TOTP the studio had a picture of Scottish darts player Jocky Wilson (RIP) displayed instead of Jackie Wilson the American soul singer.

4 Likes

Extreme-Nuno Bettecourt is now playing guitar in Rihanna’s live band! (Bonus trivia regarding Dexy’s…Andy Growcott was their drummer, i used to hear him practicing when i was a kid, as he lived in the next street)

2 Likes

Faith No More - Mike Patton voiced the zombies in the movie I Am Legend

3 Likes

Genesis-Jonathan King set them on their path.

2 Likes

Hawkwind - Lemmy had never played Bass before jumping in when they were short at a gig.

2 Likes

Iron Maiden-To Tame A Land is based on the classic sci-fi novel Dune, but author Frank Herbert refused to let them use the title.

Japan - Lead singer David Sylvian was once voted (cannot remember the year )the worlds most beautiful man.

3 Likes

Kiss-They sell branded condoms and coffins…so they make money out of you coming and going!

5 Likes

Led Zeppelin - The fourth album was never officially called Led Zeppelin 4 .

1 Like

Magnum-originally started as a backing band for the likes of Del Shannon.

1 Like

Nash the Slash - He released a mini album that was playable at 33.45 and 78 rpm,the cd version has all 3 versions on it.

Ozzy Osbourne-Sang backing vocals on Gary Moore’s Law of the Jungle.

1 Like

One for the teenagers here… :wink:

Peters and Lee - Lennie Peters (not his real name) was Charlie Watts’ uncle.

Queen-I have the same kitchen cabinets in my garage as Freddie’s mum has in her kitchen in Bohemian Rhapsody…is that trivial enough? :wink:

2 Likes

That will take some beating . :+1:

1 Like

@WillC - that’s “Small claims court” worthy

Raphael Ravenscroft - Sax player on Baker Street - did NOT invent the track’s iconic sax riff. A home demo of the track was released in 2011 in which Rafferty plays the exact same riff on guitar.

1 Like

Saxon-used to be called Son of a Bitch.