Accidentally bought real leather

I recently placed an order for a female chastity belt in the clearance sale and didn’t realise that it was made with real leather. For context I’m vegan for the environment and for the animals. It was my mistake as I wrongly assumed Lovehoney only sold faux leather items and didn’t think to check.

I don’t want to start any sort of vegan debate as I know those are never very productive on the internet :sweat_smile:

It has left me feeling a bit sad as I always try my best as a vegan and don’t like to think of a cow being harmed for my benefit. I also don’t think I should return it though as I have already spent the money and it would probably cause more harm to return it as that would be a wasted shipping journey.

My question for the forum is would you be interested if Lovehoney were to make sure that all of their leather products have a faux leather alternative or were to put a disclaimer for real leather products so people don’t make the same mistake I did?

Also if anyone has any websites or anything for where Lovehoney source their leather so I can ease my guilt a tiny bit if it is from ethical farming :hugs:

2 Likes

I think LH make it clear enough things like leather look, faux leather etc. I doubt there will be any web sites explaining sources of the leather but I may be wrong. Unfortunately I think you will have to put the purchase down to experience if you don’t want to return.

2 Likes

I think a disclaimer or label to say clearly if it’s real or fake leather would be good :relieved:

1 Like

I feel the item would have been marked as leather as leather is a premium product and while I appreciate your point about being vegan - can you not just return it to Lovehoney on the basis it’s not your thing

I don’t have s chastity belt - but have real leather paddles and they are very high quality

2 Likes

I didn’t think LH sold real leather as I’ve only ever seen faux leather or leather look depending on the brand. Some items that i’ve looked at say leather but the description then clarifies that its faux leather. I think it could be clearer & I don’t see why they couldn’t add the symbol for leather in the product photos to make it more clear.

If you’re not going to use the item then I would suggest you return it so that its not going to waste.

A product disclaimer for real leather?
Seems a bit back to front.
Faux leather is a disclaimer ie that it is not the real thing.

2 Likes

Premium bondage items on the LH site are often real leather.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the replies it’s very interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts :pray:

I have decided not to return the item but to make good use of it as that seems like less of waste to me then getting it shipped back across the country again and possibly causing expense to the company when it was my mistake. I also can’t see any faux leather chastity belts on the site so couldn’t just swap it.

As others have suggested I will chalk it up to experience and be careful to double check next time.

Thank you all again for the diverse perspectives :green_heart:

4 Likes