Accidentally dyed toy!

Help!

I put my life like dildo in the purple storage bags and the dildo has started to turn purple?!? Can I do anything to clean the dye off? Is it still safe to use?
Obviously I no longer use the purple bag to store it in!
Thank you!!

I’m no expert but I’m not sure you can clean the dye off - the cleaning agents might do more damage?
Neither am I sure if it is safe to use, so I’m as much use as a marzipan dildo…
However, if you call Lovehoney Customer Services (or Live Chat) I’m sure they will be able to help.

On the upside, who doesn’t like shopping for new toys?!

1 Like

Thanks for replying, yes thought that about the cleaning :woman_shrugging: I used the LH toy cleaner spray on it but it’s didn’t work.

It’s only a few weeks old to :see_no_evil: typical!!

Contact Customer Care and hopefully they’ll sort you out. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: It may even be covered by the warranty.

2 Likes

Like Ian said, contact CS, the bag should’ve be transferring dye onto toys.

1 Like

Yes a few of mine have done this from storage bags and they are now purple too. :see_no_evil: I must have about 4 or 5 realistic toys now with purple bruises. :rofl:

3 Likes

And I’ve not been able to get the marks off, even with toy cleaner

1 Like

What’s the toy made of? If it’s started to degrade the material it may have turned pourous in which case it’ll likely never come out.

Personally, I’m sure as long as you give them a REALLY good clean then they’ll be safe to use, but like everyone is saying CS will probably be able to offer more advice.

That being said if the material has turned pourous I’d be hesitant to continue using it.

1 Like

As it is a dye transfer it is very unlikely to come off as it will have seeped into the pores of the toy.

I wouldn’t want to say for definitely it the toy is safe to still use. It won’t have affected the toy as such but you would essentially putting the dye inside you. I’d be surprised if the dye was made of anything dangerous though.

1 Like

As Ian has said, definitely contact Customer Services. The dye used in the bag fabric was never meant to end up inside your body. If I had a toy that was only a few weeks old an had managed to leech dye out of fabric (yikes!), I would be returning it as unfit for purpose.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s a manufacturing issue with the bags to me if they are staining all your toys?

I’d definitely be swapping them for something else!!

1 Like

I personally like bags made from nylon, never had any dye issues with those, its ones you would keep bondage in, rather than satin bags.

1 Like

C.S said that the toy is still safe to use & like most of you they also said it’s unlikely I’ll be able to clean the stains off :roll_eyes:

Lesson learnt & hope it may save some of your toys to!

They didn’t offer to replace it?

I’ll chuck in the Sex Toy Happiness Promise info too, as if you’ve had it less than 60 days you may be able to send it back for a refund anyway. (The specific Happiness Promise section is below the main returns bit)

4 Likes

Definitely don’t use that dildo anymore, if you can get a refund then buy a non-porous silicone dildo instead and you should have less trouble with dye transferring! :blush:

1 Like

When that happened to one of my toys nothing I tried would remove the dye, so now I just put a condom over it.
I now store silicone toys that don’t come with their own bags in organza gift bags designed to take wine bottles, I’ve never had any issue with dye transfer from those.

1 Like

I always wash my storage bags when I first get them, especially the Lovehoney brand satin ones, as that will get a lot of the dye leftover from manufacturing out of them (I’ve hand washed most of them and it’s insane the amount of dye that comes out :sweat_smile:).

1 Like