Adult Circumcision: An Ongoing Diary

Hey all, ive seen alot of topics and discussions over the time about getting Circumcised as an adult. So i thought it might be a good idea to effectivly log my recovery on here for others in future who would be wondering about how it is, others inputs and help would always be welcome too!

Background to why i am getting Circumcised:
Early 30’s who spent many years single, no problems with solo-play for years. In a serious (to be wife!) relationship over the past 4 years now and since having regular intercourse i have scarring that is getting gradually worse over time, from a minor op i had on my foreskin when i was a child (i belive this is the main cause). After many different creams/ointments provided by GP’s and Sexual Health Clinics i found them to be of short term recovery at best (might work for others, but i found them to be like wiping vaseline off my bell-end… causing more damage getting clean than i liked) So Circumcision was deemed my myself and clinics best way forward.

Operation Day:
My operation was scheculed for just after lunchtime on a sunday. I personally did my best not to think about it or read little to any literature about it (personally just wanted it done and to get back home, the more i think about the operation on my favourite little buddy the more id worry about it!) I went to Basingstoke NHS Hospital in South England. Arrived at 12:00, and after a nervous 2 hour wait in the waiting room while being seen by an anesthesiologist, what seemed like a legal kind of person for the procedure and nurse who took my vitals (all very nice people) i was taken in for surgery.

A very pretty nurse then walked me to the operation room while making gentle chit-chat to try keep my relaxed. Took off my dressing gown and slippers to lay on the bed (still with hospital gown on being covered, at no point during this day did i have to activily show my penis to anyone). The anesthesiologist then joined the room and also double checked who i was and what procedure i was having done (you will get asked this alot) one of them very gently put a needle into my hand (barely a cat scratch feeling :), Surgeon also joined the room and after some quick calming chit chat i was asked to hold the knock-out gas over my mouth and slowly felt myself fading away…

What i belive was about and hour and half later… could have been much less! i was gently woken up in the recovery ward. Asked about any pain or dizziness i might have then wheeled to my own section for a coffee and buscuit to have, then within 15-20 mins asked if i wanted to get some clothes on and wait for my partner to collect me. Had to wait for my partner to come to the surgery (you are not allowed to leave without them) had another chat with a nurse who over-went some recovery information and gave some stronger pills for when needed, i did personally go for a wee before leaving the hospital too so i was in a good place if anything went/felt wrong… no issues :slight_smile:

First Nights Sleep:
Once getting home from hospital i basically became a couch-potato while my partner lovelingly catered and cared for me, paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours for comfort. No shower before bed due to wrapping to be kept on and dry for 24-48 hours… so that didnt feel great but still. I had the stronger pills they gave me before bed to try get a better sleep and made sure to have no drink leading to bed time and as best i could during sleep to try calm down any night-errections (make sure you try have a good pee before bed!). I put a good pillow between my legs to aid sleep and in all honestly, apart from a couple uncomfortable moments i didnt have the worst nights sleep, i think i could mostly just feel when my penis changing sizes as it does against the wrapping over the stitches

Second Day and Nights Sleep:
The Second Day went pretty smoothly, TV/Gaming day without actually doing much. I had tablets for pain/discomfort every 4 hours. Some online forums said about taking the bandage off today but the hospital and Mrs are saying to wait 48H, so that will be fun tomorrow! I didhave my first shower since op while trying to keep the bandage clean and dry… i went for a sad looking bag and some tape over my junk, it mostly didnt work atall. i did try dry it with a hairdryer after… it was always going to go poorly but atleast i had somewhat of a shower. Like before i tried to have little liquid before bed and some stonger pills, but i did find myself waking up twice with night time erections, usually trying to have a wee sorted this! i am feeling however that my little man is starting to feel abit more confident at trying to get hard

Third Day and Nights Sleep:
Day as seeminly normal with usual pills every 4 hours. At 2PM however it was 48Hours post-surgery and time to take bandage off. I took some of the stronger pills and 15 minutes later soaked my dressing and willy in some luke-warm salt water. Once soaked slowy peeled the dressings covering my penis, all pretty easy and painless. This was the first time seeing my new penis and oddly made me slighly emotional, as it slowly was starting to sink in that this is my new penis and there is no going back to what was. I gave it another salt-water soak, checked over what i could of the stitches and surgeons handywork, then dried off with some tissue before braving it the rest of the day in my boxers and some PJ’s with the gland and shaft fully exposed now. Sitting and short walks around the house seem bareable, however a 20minute dog walk felt like it was pushing my limits of what i could handle. Later on in the eve i had my first proper shower, however i had my back to shower head for the most of it and mostly let water just flow over my penis to give it a little clean. After i gently dried and applied vaseline around the stitches and below, trying not to put any on the head. (the sooner i get used to exposing it to its new life, the better) Sleep was the new standard, trying to be very immobile with a pillow between my legs, three times i woke up tonight and had a wee to try reduce any erection pain

Fourth Day and Nights Sleep:
Day Four seemed ok but i had found the issue of contant pills was… stopping my bowel movements. So i have tried my best to not have any meds today. I managed to mow my small lawn and hoover the house, but that was about the limit of activity today. Mostly just discomfort on my head and pains every now and then when my penis wanted to have a little try of a stretch. I managed a nice long 10 min salt-bath (two spoons of salt in a mug of warm water) that seems to be keeping it ok and best i can for cleaning down there, while then after putting some vasaline beind the head on the stitches and burn(?) mark left of my banjo string. Showered yet again facing away from the shower head and letting the water run down my penis (no direct force yet). I took some of the stronger pills before bed, i felt my penis is trying to have its night time errections but i do my best to get up and have a wee to ease the strain (i got up 3 times lastnight) but all bareable sofar. but quite frankly the other main pain im still getting is from not going for a number 2 yet, not sure if i was taking too many meds or my body is scared of the possible pain… time will tell!

Fifth Day and Nights Sleep:
Day Five went fine pretty much, i did however stop taking any pills today to try have some bowl movements! luckily not long after lunch i had my toilet time (most likely was bunged up from the general during op) so back on pills. Managed a 30 minute dog walk and some small house jobs again. Usual 3 cleans a day down there with salt water in a mug to try keep the area clean, followed up with some vaseline around the scar area for recovery. Main pains im having currently are from where the Frenulum (banjo-string) was, seems to be alot of pulling down there and what looks like the main part of healing trying to be carried out. Managed to shower with more direct water on my penis, but no real manual cleaning yet, just abit of tugging and pulling around where the stitches are to make sure they are looking good. Usual sleep with 3-4 wake ups to have a wee.

Sixth Day and Nights Sleep:
Day six i found my penis was trying to stretch out more along with more day-to-day comfort of my exposed gland, i can feel the sensation less in my boxers and its starting to ‘flake’ a little on the head, apprently a good thing. Only issue im now finding during the day is the tissue thats trying to heal where my fenulum (banjo string) was is now my main sauce of pain and discomfort, honestly feels like a blade slowly cutting down there. Having 3-4 salt mug baths a day (10 mins a time) is very much helping it seems and im now stopping using vasaline around the stitches to get more air to it. After my shower at night (still not really touching it during a shower…) i went for my pre-sleep wee and accidently flicked my underwear down the underside of my penis where my main pain is… this hurt alot and for awhile! I changed underwear and managed to sleep, waking up 3 times in the night for a wee. I am finding night time erections are trying to get stronger. When waking up i have found minor bleeding behind the head around my stitches, nothing bad but clearly its trying to stetch out more at night. A cleaning salt bath in the morning to get rid of the blood and carry on…

Seventh Day and Nights Sleep
The morning of day 7 i noticed some blood around the stitches from the couple of erections during the night, nothing too bad but a little worry. Had a salt water wash to clean away the blood and help disolve some stitches. Usual day but tried to take it slow to try help healing more. Had a 20 min walk in the afternoon with dog and did feel alot of pain down there (felt like a sharp burning pain where the frenulum was) when i got back home noticed a bit more blood down there (i assume its all starting to move and heal more) but fresh blood is atleast good and shows it still getting a fresh supply! Usual wash to clean it up, i then let it air dry while laying naked in bed for a couple hours (i made a somewhat ring around the shaft to try expose all the gland to some fresh air). Only main note of the day, apart from slight bleeding and pain on the walk, is that i feel im getting constipated again (no bowl movements for a couple days) and the pain from that was building with a feeling of being bloated most the time. After my night time shower i had a final clean, took my main pills and a couple laxatives before bed to help move things along. Woken up twice during the night for a wee, pain wasnt too bad and after some fair stomach cramps in the morning, the laxatives kicked in and had an ‘empty’ down there. From what ive seen online, constipation is a regular issue post circ due to pain and medication, i just wish the doctors warned me better about it.

Eighth Day and Nights Sleep
Eighth Day, Sensitivity of the gland against boxers is feeling pretty fine now. However getting alot of pain from where the Frenulum was, like a burning knife pain at times. Keeping ontop of pain pills and salf water cleans. I am finding that im using laxatives more at night to try counter the effects of all the pills… but im at home doing nothing so not all too bad! Usual shower and pre-bed clean, i find i only work up once lastnight to have a pee to try sort the painful erection out, progress!

Tenth Day and Nights Sleep
TBC

9 Likes

Absolutely brilliant idea @r3k

I hope your recovery is quick… it’s such a shame you have suffered for a long time. I’m sure that reading through your experience and also recovery will help someone else going through the procedure and also their partners too.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Good luck with recovery. I had mine done a few years back. Absolutely love being circumcised.

2 Likes

Thank you, i am hoping for the best as had alot of worrys before hand about something so ‘important’ to me being changed and how it would look and feel afterwards, all out of my control

This was oddly very interesting to read and quite a lovely way to explain all the info. Never knew they ask you to hold the sleep mask on!

1 Like