Advice needed: Fifty Shades remote vibrating butt plug

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37400 I have this but have really struggled to get it working well when I'm alone testing prior to using it as a couple while out, so it still hasn't been 'properly' used... Either they're not syncing at all, or I can't get the change of speeds going, or it just doesn't start/stop without massive fiddling of the base of the plug. Nothing sexy about this! Was properly charged. I'm clearly missing something - and not just the packaging. This has to be the most confusing remote control toy I've tried, am I alone in this? Any advice at all is most welcome, whether it's from experience or someone who just has the packaging still.....!!!! xxx

Get in touch with customer service they sill be able to help you

I don't have this particular toy, but whenever I have issues with a new remote toy I work through a checklist to see if I can narrow down the issue. It could just be faulty, but it seems they no longer stock it so they won't be able to send you a replacement (they'll still refund you though if it's within the year warranty).

First off, I can't tell if the remote is rechargeable or battery powered from the product page or first few reviews. If it's battery operated make sure you've taken the bit of paper out from the remote's battery compartment before your start otherwise it won't work.

Then I'd make sure the butt plug is fully charged and turn it on. Use the remote to flick through the settings just while it's sat on the bed to see if that's working. If it doesn't I'd swop the battery in the remote for a fresh one.

I have the Desire Knicker Vibrator and the remote wouldn't work because the battery wasn't being held in place properly by the case back. I ended up cutting out a little circle of foam to pad it out a bit and that worked a treat. 👍

Hope this helps, but if not let me know and I'll have another think. 🙂

My favourite ever bullet was fom this range and the on/off/patterns click broke - by then it was out of stock so Lovehoney replaced it with a Desire bullet, very helpfully.

I also have this:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37391

It was really glitchy and so they sent me a replacement of the same product - they contacted me later to say that the first one had a fault. The second one was worked perfectly, glitch free.

I wonder if there is a design fault with some items in this range - don't know, but Lovehoney are very helpful if you get in touch with Customer Services.

MsR wrote:

My favourite ever bullet was fom this range and the on/off/patterns click broke - by then it was out of stock so Lovehoney replaced it with a Desire bullet, very helpfully.

I also have this:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37391

It was really glitchy and so they sent me a replacement of the same product - they contacted me later to say that the first one had a fault. The second one was worked perfectly, glitch free.

I wonder if there is a design fault with some items in this range - don't know, but Lovehoney are very helpful if you get in touch with Customer Services.

Deve&Debe wrote:

Get in touch with customer service they sill be able to help you

Thanks, both. Contacting LH was my next step if I didn't get answers here. I love their customer service but just thought I'd see first if anyone here had one and could help from experience. I'd quite like to keep the toy as when it does work it's quite good!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I don't have this particular toy, but whenever I have issues with a new remote toy I work through a checklist to see if I can narrow down the issue. It could just be faulty, but it seems they no longer stock it so they won't be able to send you a replacement (they'll still refund you though if it's within the year warranty).

First off, I can't tell if the remote is rechargeable or battery powered from the product page or first few reviews. If it's battery operated make sure you've taken the bit of paper out from the remote's battery compartment before your start otherwise it won't work.

Then I'd make sure the butt plug is fully charged and turn it on. Use the remote to flick through the settings just while it's sat on the bed to see if that's working. If it doesn't I'd swop the battery in the remote for a fresh one.

I have the Desire Knicker Vibrator and the remote wouldn't work because the battery wasn't being held in place properly by the case back. I ended up cutting out a little circle of foam to pad it out a bit and that worked a treat. 👍

Hope this helps, but if not let me know and I'll have another think. 🙂

Thanks for this! The toy is rechargable - weird charger though, it's kind of magnetic? And the remote has a flat disc battery. The toy has been fully charged multiple times and the battery replaced multiple times (am using the correct one too). And yes I took the paper bit out haha. The battery is definitely held in place. The issue I am having is how temperamental it is rather than not working at all - it doesn't always sync remote/toy, sometimes the remote won't change the speeds, and sometimes has to be changed by playing the base of the toy. Because of this, it hasn't left the bedroom or been used with my partner. I guess it must be faulty if it's being like this. I'm a bit annoyed as the last remote toy I had also was faulty - both weren't cheap ones either (though I did get this one in the massive sale back in Feb dirt cheap) so you'd think I'd be having more luck with them?! This is why I wonder if it's a user issue.............

After you've turned the toy on by the main button you shouldn't need to touch it again until you want to turn it off. It should be as simple as pressing the button on the butt plug for a few seconds, and then pressing the middle button on the remote for a few seconds to pair it.

It does have a travel lock that you may be activating by accident? According to one review this is turned on/off by pressing the button on the toy itself for 5 seconds. I think connecting it up to charge also deactivates the travel lock.

Just to be sure with the remote battery, I took the back off and then held the battery firmly in place with my fingers and then clicked through the buttons to see if that worked. With the Desire remote (which looks incredibly similar) each button press lit up a backlight so I knew if it was/wasn't working. Is this one the same?

If the remote works consistently that's when I'd move on to testing the signal (usually burying it under lots of pairs of jeans, and wandering round the house to see how far I could go).