Advice Needed on Hoods/Full Mask

Scorpius12 wrote:

I really think it's all down to trust. As long as you are with someone you literally trust with your life, then they will give you the confidence to push your boundaries further than you think you can. Just make sure if you're gagged too, that you have safe signals in place, like a bell you can hold in your hand or a hand signal you can use when you want things to stop or slow down :) xx

We use a squeaky toy.

Sum Sub wrote:

We use a squeaky toy.

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

ShinySparkle wrote:

I've always wanted a hood but I think it might scare the OH a bit (even though I would be the wearer!!)

For me, I like the inability to see, you don't know where things are, when things are about to happen, and for me it creates excitement. The thing with a blindfold is that it restricts sight. But a hood is more, sight, possibly sound depending on the design, and restrictive breathing. I enjoy a slight bit of asphyxiation, I don't know why but it gives me a little buzz and makes me tingle. So a hood would be awesome to wear.

Then there is the feeling of complete submission. You are offering your senses to your dominant one. They have you hooded so that you can't see, can barely breath or hear and possibly getting hot and sweaty too. This for the submissive like me would thoroughly enjoy this, completely giving yourself away, leaving yourself open to your dominant one.

And that my friends is trust. Complete trust in each other. Forming that bond or keeping that bond alive.

I need to go look at hoods now...

Now see here is my problem, the submissive in me (who is apparently controlling most of my life these day,s crafty wench) is currently jumping up and down waving at me going 'do this, do this, I really, really wanna do this' and I know she'll bloody well win. So I'll be stood there one day having spent the past year going, 'no hoods, no full mask' with a hood in my hands wondering what the hell has gone wrong, lol.

Damn my curious streak. On the plus side I have a partner who would very much do this with me and I know 100% I'd trust them to do it, so maybe it is exactly the right time to do it. Full of curiosity and with the right person.

Well once again Lovehoney has helped broaden my horizons :) Thanks guys x

ShinySparkle wrote:

LasyS, do you have a collar? You could try combining a collar and blindfold and/or gag first. (Breathable gags for those in fear of asphyxiation)

Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, return it ;)

Yep that's a doable combo, and just sounds highly arousing, so to the top of the to do list is goes, whether I get the hood or not, lol.

I don't even particulalry have any thoughts on asphyxiation, suppose I should considering it's a pretty big deal, I think I just feel weird about my face being trapped.

I think I'm totally convinced I want to try it though, I think my kink is doing stuff I said I wouldn't do, I seem to do it a lot, lol x

There are so many hoods and so many different reasons for a submissive to wear one.

Leather hoods generally have a combination of a corset laced tie back and buckles, and some have a built-in collar too. You can get ones with removeable blindfolds, ones with added gags, some where the ears are exposed, some with funnels added for the mouth or an ash tray or other harness, etc. There are also inflatable hoods which are more aimed at sensory dep play.

Some submissives will only play while wearing a hood. For some this is due to the taboos surrounding surounding kink and therefore making them feel more kinky / naughty, etc. Others it's privacy and helps them get lost into their submissive role (so many subs aren't or don't have the choice in everyday life to act as submissive due to family and work). Then there are those who crave sensory play, or a certain type of more extreme play where a hood helps fullfil the fantsy or makes it safer or easier to act out.

There are sissy hoods too, and often clicking a padlock onto these helps as a trigger for the sissy to get into their roll. Similar to pet play hoods.

It's not always about trust if I'm honest, some want it for the mind fuckery part and not knowing someone completely, particularly in a kid nap scene. But I guess that's more of what a Pro would experience when taking on a client.

I personally don't like wearing hoods, although some Dommes even wear hoods, depending on what scene they are playing. For example a sub with extreme latex or leather fetish would really get turned on by their Dom wearing a hood / mask whilst clad completely elsewear in the same material too. Agains there are a few who use it as they don't want anyone to know who they are. But to me, a hood feels like a submissive restrictive thing (that's my personal feelings when trying one, I understand the other side too but it's not for me).

Oh some hoods, particularly leather have D-rings where you can clip other restraints onto them too, so you can clip cuffed hands and more to them.

It's rather interestings really, but without knowing the type of scene you're looking to write, i wouldn't be able to give you an idea of what really is going through a submissives mind when wearing a hood / mask.

Oh, just asked one sub, and one reason they stated was that a hood / mask means they can hide their facieal expressions (so of fear to even being cheeky towards their Domme).

Lady Ness wrote:

There are so many hoods and so many different reasons for a submissive to wear one.

Leather hoods generally have a combination of a corset laced tie back and buckles, and some have a built-in collar too. You can get ones with removeable blindfolds, ones with added gags, some where the ears are exposed, some with funnels added for the mouth or an ash tray or other harness, etc. There are also inflatable hoods which are more aimed at sensory dep play.

Some submissives will only play while wearing a hood. For some this is due to the taboos surrounding surounding kink and therefore making them feel more kinky / naughty, etc. Others it's privacy and helps them get lost into their submissive role (so many subs aren't or don't have the choice in everyday life to act as submissive due to family and work). Then there are those who crave sensory play, or a certain type of more extreme play where a hood helps fullfil the fantsy or makes it safer or easier to act out.

There are sissy hoods too, and often clicking a padlock onto these helps as a trigger for the sissy to get into their roll. Similar to pet play hoods.

It's not always about trust if I'm honest, some want it for the mind fuckery part and not knowing someone completely, particularly in a kid nap scene. But I guess that's more of what a Pro would experience when taking on a client.

I personally don't like wearing hoods, although some Dommes even wear hoods, depending on what scene they are playing. For example a sub with extreme latex or leather fetish would really get turned on by their Dom wearing a hood / mask whilst clad completely elsewear in the same material too. Agains there are a few who use it as they don't want anyone to know who they are. But to me, a hood feels like a submissive restrictive thing (that's my personal feelings when trying one, I understand the other side too but it's not for me).

Oh some hoods, particularly leather have D-rings where you can clip other restraints onto them too, so you can clip cuffed hands and more to them.

It's rather interestings really, but without knowing the type of scene you're looking to write, i wouldn't be able to give you an idea of what really is going through a submissives mind when wearing a hood / mask.

It really is fascinating, thank you for taking the time to reply. When I made my plea for help I didn't even know what I wanted to write, someone presented an idea to me and the hood was there and I genuinely had no idea how I could write about it when I really didn't understand it as a concept. Which isn't my style at all, I like to at least have a mental grasp of the concept even if I haven't physically experienced it.

I ended up going with the trust, freedom in anonymity thing, because it's something I can relate to on a level that made my words ring true I think. The piece I wrote seemed to be a hit for those that have read it so far, so the help really has been invaluable.

I will be keeping all this in mind for future reference though, because the story lends itself to a continuation and I may explore this particular subject further.

:) x

Lady Ness wrote:

Oh, just asked one sub, and one reason they stated was that a hood / mask means they can hide their facieal expressions (so of fear to even being cheeky towards their Domme).

Ooh that's sneaky, lol, now I see the appeal, I've been caught out by my facial expressions before, so I get that :) x

LadyS wrote:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18098

So here's the thing, I hate the idea of wearing a hood or full mask, they really freak me out. But i need to know why it turns the wearer on and what it feels like when you pull it onto your face etc. I can usually visualise and imagine most things well enough to describe them, but this is way out of my imaginings.

So, have you worn a hood and enjoyed it, if so I would love to here anything you would be happy to share about the experience.

Much Love

LadyS

x

I had a hood a bit like the one linked,I liked wearing it just because how it feels to me as it was something different to wear,I like wearing things because it can make me feel sexy or naughty or both at the same time. Seeing this thread makes me want to get another one now.

When i had the hood i wouldn't say it was a fetish thing just me liking to wear things.

teacake wrote:

LadyS wrote:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18098

So here's the thing, I hate the idea of wearing a hood or full mask, they really freak me out. But i need to know why it turns the wearer on and what it feels like when you pull it onto your face etc. I can usually visualise and imagine most things well enough to describe them, but this is way out of my imaginings.

So, have you worn a hood and enjoyed it, if so I would love to here anything you would be happy to share about the experience.

Much Love

LadyS

x

I had a hood a bit like the one linked,I liked wearing it just because how it feels to me as it was something different to wear,I like wearing things because it can make me feel sexy or naughty or both at the same time. Seeing this thread makes me want to get another one now.

When i had the hood i wouldn't say it was a fetish thing just me liking to wear things.

That seems fair enough. I don't suppose everything we do has to be for fetish reasons. I personal bought a tail butt plug, not my fetish, and i don't find it the tail that arousing itself, but it's fun and frivolous and makes me feels special, lol :)

I totally get what you mean: Fun and feeling special,Those tail butt plugs look sexy and for me thats what it would be used for just for looks and something naughty and different.