Advice Needed on Hoods/Full Mask

Okay guys, this might be a bit of an unusal request, but I'd be super grateful if anyone could help me out.

I have been asked to write soemthing for someone, based on somethign they have already written, a bit of a his and hers perspective on the same story. In the story is a a hood, I'm guessing something similar to this, as a gag and a blidfold is also mentioned. It does state it's made of leather, so probably a bit more feitshy than this one, but it gives a vague idea i guess.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18098

So here's the thing, I hate the idea of wearing a hood or full mask, they really freak me out. But i need to know why it turns the wearer on and what it feels like when you pull it onto your face etc. I can usually visualise and imagine most things well enough to describe them, but this is way out of my imaginings.

So, have you worn a hood and enjoyed it, if so I would love to here anything you would be happy to share about the experience.

Much Love

LadyS

x

I've not worn a leather one, but have a spandex one.
Ask questions, I'll do my best to answer :)

Just wondering why it's a turn on, the though of wearing one completely throws me into an uncomfortable place, so imagining wearing one for any kind of play baffles me, lol.

Like from the wearers perspective why is it arousing? x

A hood can help a sub be more susceptible to domination as they don't have a face anymore. They are essentially just a body or an object and it can make you feel that way. It can help them slip into a different persona. It could also be something the dom requests the sub to wear for the same reasons.

Depending on the material, the wearer might find it turns them on if they particularly like the smell. I know that smell plays a big factor in when me and my sub OH are playing.

I guess it's also another way for the sub to be constricted. Another act that limits the sub and is subconsciously relieving them of a bit more control.

Subdom27 wrote:

A hood can help a sub be more susceptible to domination as they don't have a face anymore. They are essentially just a body or an object and it can make you feel that way. It can help them slip into a different persona. It could also be something the dom requests the sub to wear for the same reasons.

Depending on the material, the wearer might find it turns them on if they particularly like the smell. I know that smell plays a big factor in when me and my sub OH are playing.

I guess it's also another way for the sub to be constricted. Another act that limits the sub and is subconsciously relieving them of a bit more control.

Ooh the smell thing is quite interesting, that has given me something to think on.

I really love what you are describing, but as soon as I remember we talking about hoods I feel weird, lol. I think I might have to buy one to play with at home to see if having one in my hands makes any difference to how weird they make me feel.

Thank you for a great response x

For me personally asphyxiation is a big fear and top of my hard limits, a hood pushes at that boundary.
I don't find it a turn on, in fact it scares me a little.
It is tight, it makes breathing more difficult, your face is warm and possibly damp, if you're sweating then the hood stops the evaporation so you get hot, a little flustered, concentration is difficult, you can't see, hearing is impaired following instruction becomes difficult.the fabric pressing against your skin can itch, if you're bound you can scratch, and with other senses number that itch becomes all consuming. What was that noise, am I imagining things...
Panic is only a short step away.
They take longer to get off than a blindfold and imo are giving more trust more power.

Hmmm basis of a blog post of my own right there.

With hoods it also brings an aspect of anonymity for both involved, which is often a turn on. You will only really understand once you have worn it unfortunately. It's a total different ball game when you are inside it.

Hope you enjoy it if and when the time comes xx

Sum Sub wrote:

For me personally asphyxiation is a big fear and top of my hard limits, a hood pushes at that boundary.
It is tight, it makes breathing more difficult, your face is warm and possibly damp, if you're sweating then the hood stops the evaporation so you get hot, a little flustered, concentration is difficult, you can't see, hearing is impaired following instruction becomes difficult.the fabric pressing against your skin can itch, if you're bound you can scratch, and with other senses number that itch becomes all consuming. What was that noise, am I imagining things...
They take longer to get off than a blindfold and imo are giving more trust more power.

Pretty much this is what goes through my mind when I look at a hood I think, literally just looking at them online make me feel so odd, and you just summed up why I think. Not sure if your post has been really helpful or slightly terrifying, lol.

Definitely stuff I can work with though, so thank you :) x

Kitty_Blossom wrote:

With hoods it also brings an aspect of anonymity for both involved, which is often a turn on. You will only really understand once you have worn it unfortunately. It's a total different ball game when you are inside it.

Hope you enjoy it if and when the time comes xx

Yeah I'm thinking this is going to be something I will have to find my way to doing, I am annoyingly curious even over things I don't perceive to be fun x

Try wrapping something flimsy round your head - like chiffon. It might help and isn't intimidating

Sum Sub wrote:

Try wrapping something flimsy round your head - like chiffon. It might help and isn't intimidating

Ooh good plan :)

We have this one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15729

We only use it occasionally as Mr Scorpius doesn't want me to get too used to it - lol. He uses it when he wants to make sessions more intense. It definitely enhances your senses, and muffles your hearing so I really have to concentrate much harder. On its own it is very intense, but when teamed with a ball gag it really ups the anti. It takes a huge amount of trust to be wearing a hood, a ball gag, and be tied up too - that the is the major turn on for me - that extra level if vulnerability :) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

We have this one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15729

We only use it occasionally as Mr Scorpius doesn't want me to get too used to it - lol. He uses it when he wants to make sessions more intense. It definitely enhances your senses, and muffles your hearing so I really have to concentrate much harder. On its own it is very intense, but when teamed with a ball gag it really ups the anti. It takes a huge amount of trust to be wearing a hood, a ball gag, and be tied up too - that the is the major turn on for me - that extra level if vulnerability :) xx

Eek! That one is really scary, no eye holes or anything, lol, but I think I am starting to get it. You have all been so helpful :) x

I haven't used one but I love reading these comments

Kimberleyking wrote:

I haven't used one but I love reading these comments

The beauty of Lovehoney, we all get to learn about and enjoy new things :)

The beauty of Lovehoney, we all get to learn about and enjoy new things :)

Indeed. My guy has mentioned hoods several times but I'm also struggling to get my head (lol) around them. I'm guessing it heightens objectification whilst at the same time requiring a lot more trust- two seemingly opposing concepts (although obviously not when it comes to BDSM).

For me- like Sum Sub, my issue is asphyxiation/claustrophobia, so whilst I am intrigued by the whole anonyminity thing, I guess I won't know if I like it until I try it and see how bad these things are for me.

Sum Sub wrote:

I'm the same and the idea freaks the hell out of me, along with any type of gag. If hubby really wants us to do this I'd agree but it would be way way out of my comfort zone!

GlamRockChick wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I'm the same and the idea freaks the hell out of me, along with any type of gag. If hubby really wants us to do this I'd agree but it would be way way out of my comfort zone!

See i used to hates the thought of gags too, but the first time I was ever properly gagged it lead to the most amazing session ever, I was so shocked. So I'm guessing if I can overcome the hood thing I might be pleasanty surprised somehow x

I really think it's all down to trust. As long as you are with someone you literally trust with your life, then they will give you the confidence to push your boundaries further than you think you can. Just make sure if you're gagged too, that you have safe signals in place, like a bell you can hold in your hand or a hand signal you can use when you want things to stop or slow down :) xx