Advice on cleaning dildo

Hi

I should be coming into possession of a new dildo soon. One that thrusts, which I’ll be using for prostate play. That leaves me with a spare I’ve had for ages - a 6 inch one. I’d like to use this one to practise oral on. The snag - I’ve used this for prostate play.

Would it be wise to use it in my mouth after cleaning it thoroughly? And on that topic - could someone recommend the best cleaning practises for it? What are some safe disinfectant cleaning methods/tools I could use that will make it better/safer to put in my mouth?

Thanks

1 Like

A condom would be a good move, particularly if you want to do oral after.

2 Likes

First question, what material is it made from? If it’s completely non porous like glass or metal it’ll be really easy to thoroughly clean and you’re totally safe. If it’s quality silicone and undamaged, you should be able to sterilise it, ideally pop it in the dish washer (assuming non electric of course) and you should be good to go. If it’s “Soft Plastic”, PVC, etc. please don’t even try, you will not get it perfectly sterile.

4 Likes

Just a personal thing and I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but before and after I’m being pegged I take the dildo in my mouth (we clean it well with baby wipes after it’s been in my ass) and, in my experience at least , there isn’t any residual taste.

To be honest I don’t see it as being a great deal different from rimming in terms of hygiene.

1 Like

True, there is that. I could always keep one on permanently if that’s all it’s being used for.

Oh, I forgot to mention that detail. I believe it’s silicone. The dishwasher might be a problem as I live with family. :grimacing: There’s a split towards the bottom/base, but everywhere else is still in one piece. I think it did run on a battery once, but the vibration function has stopped working. I believe I snapped/pulled the wire off afterwards.

Assuming the split is just to the base and not inserted you should be fine. Splits in silicone stop it being “non-porous” and allow bacteria to get in so just be aware of this. The dishwasher is just the simplest method for sterilising non electrical dildos but even without the difficulties of family living (which I get could lead to an awkward conversation :rofl:) if it ever vibrated and has electrical components certainly don’t put it in a dishwasher!!! For most of my toys, this is my choce of cleaner as it seems to do the best job of the ones I’ve tried but has annoyingly been out of stock for a while. A thorough clean with most sex toy material friendly antibac products should do the job on silicone though.

Please do not do this!!! Most (though not all) condoms come pre lubed with a silicone lube on the inside. This will react with the toy’s material if left on and degrade it. It is why only water based lubes are recommended with most silicone/soft plastic toys.

2 Likes

I also agree putting a condom on it would defo do the job but also you can get some Lovehoney toy cleaner spray to use and wash with some good hand soap :soap:

Buy anti bacterial cleaner, and just make sure you give it a good thorough cleaner before & after each use

to be honest i’ve never thought of this. i’ve had ass to mouth with a real D**k and do the same with my dildo. plenty of lube keeps it clean too .

i’ve only ever used the realistic LH dildos tho not sure about the others xx

Ah. Okay, fair enough. No permanent condom then. When I get a private moment, I’ll have to check it over, but I don’t believe it has any other splits. Or any electrical interior/components. I can’t quite remember how it worked, but I’m sure you plugged a jack into a separate cylindrical vibrator. The base of the dildo has a suction cup for attaching it to surfaces, too. I can’t remember if I bought it from LH or another site/store.

I take it plain simple antibacterial wipes should do the job too, right?

Not my preference, but as long as you can get into every nook and cranny I would think so :+1:t2:.